“Flight was delayed” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #59 of 130 hotels in Miami
New York, NY
“Flight was delayed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012 via mobile

My flight out of Miami airport was cancelled, so I needed a place to stay for the night. My Company's travel desk booked me at this La Quinta. The hotel runs a shuttle to the airport, which was helpful. The staff at the registration desk was very helpful with directions and recommendations on where to eat. Though, the room could use some updating. The furniture seemed very worn.

Stayed August 2012, traveled on business

767 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

This hotel is one of the best place i been staying during my vaction. It was really good experience that would repet the next time I travel. This hotel is near major attraction plus really near to airport to make your vacation really good.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Columbia, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

This La Quinta is a perfect place to stay when taking a cruise out of the Port of Miami.

Make your reservations in advance and save money. I booked early and got a room for $79, people who without reservations were being quoted over $100 rack rate.

Our room was clean and fairly well maintained.

I was very impressed with out friendly and helpful the front desk staff were considering how busy they were all the time.

Breakfast is included but isn't anything special. They offer your standard waffle maker, cold cereal, fruit and yogurt, but considering we were about to get on a cruise ship where they fed us non-stop for a solid week we were perfectly fine with the light fare they offered.

The hotel offers free parking for up to seven days with an overnight stay. They also offer a free shuttle to the Port of Miami and MIA airport.
Book your shuttle time to the port at check in. The hotel doesn't offer a shuttle back from the port to the hotel but there is a third party shuttle company that sells a $10 per person shuttle from the port back to the hotel. The return shuttle must be purchased at the hotel lobby and must be purchased when you sail not when you return.

The hotel is really hard to find, even with my GPS navigation system I had to make three passes around the block to find it. Hint, it's hidden behind Bennigan's restaurant.

In short this hotel does a great job of meeting the need for a place to stay prior to catching a cruise ship.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

Everything was great ! I have stayed there before, also some of my friends that have

stayed there. The service that you offer from the airport and the cruise port is wonderful.

That was one of the main reasons for picking this hotel.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

St. Catharines, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012

“Stayed one night before our cruise.(room 204) I awoke in the night to use the washroom and noticed smeared blood on my foot. I thought perhaps I scratched myself. I woke again in the early morning and felt a picky sort of feeling on my feet. Upon removing the sheets I noticed that they were dotted with blood and I had red welts on my feet,ankles and shins. We reported this to the hotel and they happily credited our account for the cost of the room. I am positive this had to be bed bugs. ”
There was also a lot of confusion getting a ride to the cruise port. Very booked! We took a cab instead. The breakfast in the morning was so packed we took our food to the room. Had to find a staff member to make more coffee. |They seemed to have trouble keeping up with the demand.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Miami Airport East? Share your experiences!