“Perfect for our Cruise!” 5 of 5 stars

La Quinta Inn & Suites Miami Airport East
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3501 Northwest 42nd Ave (Le Jeune Rd), Miami, FL 33142   |
Ranked #69 of 129 Hotels in Miami
Tacoma, WA
“Perfect for our Cruise!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

We stayed at this hotel before and after our cruise. It was perfect! The hotel was clean (just a few stains on bedding), the rooms were nice, and the beds very comfortable. We arrived early in the morning from an overnight flight. The front office staff offered for us to get breakfast while they would see if they could check us into a room early. So - we helped ourselves to the free breakfast, and then were able to go to our room afterwards. We were so exhausted, and were much appreciative that they were able to check us in so early, and allow us to take a nap before going out to explore.

The free shuttle service to and from the airport was awesome. In fact, we used this service numerous times, as the airport also has a bus station if you want to go into town. We ended up taking the bus to the metro-rail, and metro-mover which we found we the easiest and safest ways to get around Miami. After being downtown, we felt very thankful that our hotel was in a safe location away from downtown. We felt very safe walking around the area of this La Quinta. We also used the free shuttle to our cruise ship. That was wonderful, and they were so helpful with our luggage as well. The staff was great, no matter what we asked or needed! I would definitely stay there again if taking a cruise from Miami!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
Miami, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012

My family and my dog stayed here for 2 nights and the room was very clean. The room was on the first floor to facilitate walking the dog for his business. The room smelled clean. The breakfast had many opitons to choose from. The shuttle service has frequent pick ups.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
St. Marys, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

I travel a lot for work but had not been to Miami before. My work pays for my hotels based on being at or below government per diem rates. I selected this hotel because it was slightly below those rates. From the outside the hotel looks nice enough. The lobby is clean and looks modern enough. From what I understand from other reviews on this site, the hotel has recently undergone renovations. I could not tell from the state of my room. The carpet looked like it had not been vacuumed lately, and there were large wrinkles in it as if it was not installed properly. The AC was on and set to "high cool" and the temperature knob was turned all the way cold but the temperature in the room felt like it did not get below about 78 the whole time I was there. The toilet mechanism is terrible, often requiring multiple flushes to take care of business, from the sounds of the neighboring rooms, this was not a problem exclusive to this room.
On a positive note, the TV was quite nice. This is the only hotel I have ever stayed in of this class that had a TV guide program like you get with good cable or satellite at home. The internet connection was above average but a bit slow sometimes.
The hotel staff that I interacted with spoke fluent english. However, I received a package at the hotel after staying there for two nights and the staff called me at work to inform me that it had arrived...they were unaware that I was a guest at the hotel...
All in all, I would stay there again if I had to but I will do an extensive search for a better hotel before my next trip.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Kittanning, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

I chose this hotel because of the free airport shuttle and the availability of a direct shuttle to the port. Little did I know that what a great choice I had made! We only had to wait a few minutes for the shuttle to pick us up at the airport. Upon check-in, we informed the desk that the other couple staying in our room was driving and would not be there until the wee hours of the morning. This presented no problem for them; in fact, they wrote down the other couple's name and attached it to a spare key for the room. The other couple was permitted to leave their car at the hotel parking lot at NO cost for the duration of the 7 day cruise. A shuttle was supplied for pick-up from the port to the hotel, or airport, at a cost of $10 each -- which I thought was very reasonable. This shuttle ran every 20 minutes from the port, so there was minimal wait. The hotel room was very nice and the continental breakfast was very good. The staff was very welcoming, helpful, and extremely pleasant. The price was extremely affordable -- only $86 for the four of us (which included all taxes and fees). The only downside would be the planes flying overhead, but the pros for staying at this La Quinta far outweigh the cons.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

I have stayed at 4 different hotels near the Miami airport as I travel there a lot for work. This place was by far the worst. The only positive things I can about it were the front desk staff was very friendly and the internet access was good.

There were BUGS. Wow. Absolutely disgusting. I live in FL, I know the difference between a palmetto bug and a filth type roach. I saw at least one a day in my room, as well as ants in the sink. The last nite I was there, something was in the bed with me as well as I woke up with a ton of mosquito like bites all over my legs and arms. I'm still scratching.

The hallway smelled of smoke constantly and the building itself is just old and worn.

There was a shortage of outlets in the room, forget it if you have more than one electronic device that has to be charged. I wound up unplugging the clock and one of the lamps.

I would NOT stay in this hotel again.

This entire experience really has me shocked as I have stayed in the La Quinta hotels before and this one was worse than some "no name" dump.

Room Tip: The best room to choose would NOT be at this hotel!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Dunn
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

I've stayed at La Quinta many times and normally had a very good experience, but the La Quinta Inn & Suites Miami Airport East needs some work. The room was fine, but it was clear that this property will need renovation soon. For example, the back door was damaged so badly it could not be opened or closed and guests had to walk around to the front from the back parking lot. The worst thing about this hotel was the check in and check out process. The long wait was unacceptable. The owner or manager needs to put more people on duty. I never saw more than one overwhelmed desk clerk on duty, even when the line stretched nearly to the front door. It wasn't the desk clerk's fault and she did a good job, but she was way outnumbered by the guests who needed attention. The price, however, was very good. And if you are an aviation buff, this airport offers a splendid view of the big jets flying out of Miami International Airport. The flight path is almost directly over the hotel, if you like planes and don't mind the noises.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
PTY
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

I paid $85 for this hotel, which was not worth more than $30! First the smell... You walk in and it smells worse than a casino, a mix of stale cigarrette smoke with rotten food! And the smell is all over the hotel, in the halls, in the lobby... you cant run away from it! That in itself is bad.
Second, the AC. It is horrible! It makes more noise than an airplane, but that in itself is not so bad... it is the fact that it turns itself on and off all night, you cant leave it on! so everytime it starts, the noise starts, and then its quiet and it wakes you up!
It is also very close to the airport, and you can hear the airplanes at all hours.
There are NO amenities, barely one bar of soap, and thats it. For that price range, you expect a bit more.
One OK thing was that the room seemed clean....

Room Tip: they all seem noisy..
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Miami Airport East? Share your experiences!