“Great hotel with free shuttle to the pier!” 5 of 5 stars

La Quinta Inn & Suites Miami Airport East
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3501 Northwest 42nd Ave (Le Jeune Rd), Miami, FL 33142   |
Ranked #68 of 129 Hotels in Miami
Marietta, Ohio
“Great hotel with free shuttle to the pier!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2011

Very clean and great staff! We always enjoy the free breakfast. Since we were going on a cruise the next morning it was important to find a hotel close to the pier, preferably with a free shuttle, which this La Quinta has. We will be staying there again in January for another cruise!

Room Tip: We reserved on-line.
  • Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
West Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2011

Had a terrible time finding the hotel due to really crappy directions from our car's GPS, that seems to be a trend on this vacation. We stayed overnight here before our family cruise. The hotel is older and not as fancy as hotels we usually like to stay in but for under $75 including free parking during our cruise, free breakfast and free shuttle that's not a bad deal. The hotel looks clean, I always check the bathroom to really judge a hotel and ours looked good, no mold or anything else icky. If you want the Ritz I wouldn't stay here if you want a clean place to lay your head down before you catch a plane or a ship then this place is for you!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Long Beach, Mississippi
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2011

This was a decent option near the airport that allowed me to have my meetings and be close to some big box stores I needed to shop at before departure.

Planes do fly over but the noise stops over night.

The hotel was truly average in most regards, with service being a bit below and cleanliness abit above standard hotels.

The problem with the customer service was not attitude, but seemed to come from lack of staffing which kept the front desk staff backed up regularly.

If you need a night or two...there are worse options.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
Fairbanks
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2011 via mobile

Nicest desk staff you will ever meet! FREE van transport for you and all that luggage to Port of Miami for your cruise! Free breakfast! All for under $80.00 night. Rooms and swimming pool very clean. Not the Ritz, but I will definitely stay there when I am cruising out of Miami! A rare find!

• Stayed July 2011
Dover, Delaware
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2011

I have super high expectations for cleanliness at hotels. I did tons of research making sure which hotels have had reports of bed bugs and this one was the best deal in a decent location and the best part was: they have a free shuttle from the airport to the hotel and from the hotel to the port of miami. Unfortunately, I called for a shuttle and the phone just rang constantly and no one EVER picked up. Luckily my friend had a different flight and had taken a different shuttle from Ft. Lauderdale and was at the hotel when I called so she had me talk to the lady at the front desk on her cellphone. (Who was amazingly nice by the way). When the shuttle got to the airport the driver was on the complete opposite side from where all the passengers were standing and even though I was waving him down he did not stop and drove past me causing me to have to wait 45 minutes for a return trip. Not cool.

Finally I got to the hotel and check-in didnt take too long even though I was last in line. Be sure to book your port shuttle when you check in! Its really important because the next morning is complete chaos.

The hotel itself was clean enough. Nothing spectacular. Just do yourself a favor and dont look at the mattressess under the sheets or you'll gross yourself out. :) The sheets themselves were clean though luckily. (Being the germaphobe I am, I always bring my own sheets)

I did my bed bug check (using a blow dryer, check the internet for directions, lol) it came out clean and we got settled in. Our remote didnt work but they replaced it immediately. Other then that, the room was pretty good. Black out curtains were perfect.

There's literally nothing around the hotel except the highway and a Bennigans which is awesome because all the ones I know of had closed down so we went there for dinner. They recommend not eating at the places that put fliers under your door. And trust me, you will get some. We got about 8 of them. Just eat at Bennigans and call it a night.

As for the continental breakfast.. It was crowded but the lines moved quickly. Nearly everyone there we later learned, was there for a cruise. They had cereal, fruit, a waffle maker!!, bagels, bread, etc. Pretty standard. It would've been awesome if they had lactose free milk but I guess you cant win em all. :)

We checked in and signed up for the 12 o'clock port shuttle and we were the first on the list for that time. It was so very unorganized and chaotic that they never called our names out and we missed the shuttle leaving us to wait an hour I think for the next one. I was pretty angry seeing as how I had talked to the guy about the shuttle less than 10 minutes prior to finding out we missed it. He was super apologetic though at least.

Overall, just be patient with the shuttles and you'll be fine. If youre looking for some night life, stay in SoBe. This place is great to stay for pre-cruise and despite the shuttle mishaps I'll def stay here the next time I cruise out of Miami. :)

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
Mumbai (Bombay), India
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2011

I was there in 11th september 2010 my company provide only LA QUINTA hotel near airport so that we can go to the cruise ship from there directly, when i took smoking room because of habit of smoking the room was nice but when i realise that something is eaching in my back and my leg i saw there was a party in my bed and i find lots of BED BUGS i thing they was celebrating some birthday with my BLOOD. very creepy,
And belive me my miami base company has 1500 staff working on cruise and they only provide LaQuinta hotel near port,, The hotel managment should know they can lose contract with my company for that Bed Bugs reason...

Room Tip: Please take BED BUGS lotion along with you..
  • Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
Edmonds, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2011

Stayed there two separate nights and was pleased at the value and liked the location if you're needing to be near the Airport.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled solo

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Miami Airport East? Share your experiences!