“Bad service, dirty, inconvenient” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Miami - Airport - Doral

You added Extended Stay America - Miami - Airport - Doral to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Miami - Airport - Doral
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   8720 N.W. 33rd Street, Miami, FL 33172 (Formerly Homestead Miami Airport / Doral)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #85 of 122 Hotels in Miami
San Pedro Sula, Honduras
“Bad service, dirty, inconvenient”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I booked this hotel online. The pictures are not at all like the hotel actually is. When i went into my room, the smell pf cigarretes was unbearable. I took my shoes off and my feet got dirty (black) the nastiest carpet ive seen yet. We asked for our room to be cleaned and they ignored us, they never even pick up at the front desk. The towels and sheets are stained, you cant open the frigde door if the bathroom door is closed (weird), the kitchen cabinets are dirty and or broken. The staff was unhelpful. On the bright side... We had free wifi...

• Stayed December 2014
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Miami - Airport - Doral, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I sincerely apologize for the smoke odor and the level of cleanliness in your room. I am working with our housekeeping staff to improve our cleaning procedures and the selection of the linen so that this issue does not affect future guests. As well, I am sorry to read that my front desk staff provided you with such poor service. I will meet with my team to ensure that we are meeting guest requests in a timely manner. Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We hope that you will give us another chance to provide you with a better experience in the near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The service at the front desk is ok. The rooms are dirty. The carpet is gross. Everything seems to be falling apart. I would rate the hotel as "barely acceptable". If you don't have anywhere to stay, then this is better than sleeping in your car, but if you can stay at another place then do so. The fridge does not open when the bathroom door is closed.

Stayed December 2014
Warrington, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

It is not bad place. Pretty clean and comfortable. For animal loving travelers a very nice place. I am on the other hand do not like cockroaches. There were several. The stuff was helpful and very polite and offered us to move into an other room. So no complains. It is just my problem that I do not like roaches in beds and bathroom. Other then that I will give it 5 star.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I am pleased to read that you found your room to be comfortable and that the staff was helpful; however, we are sorry to hear about the pest issues your experienced during your stay with us. We are working with our pest control vendor to address the issue, to ensure that your experience is not repeated. Thank you again for the feedback you provided; it will help us to continually improve our hotel. Please contact us, at MAP@extendedstay.com, if you would like to discuss this further. We do hope you will choose to stay with us again so we can have the opportunity to provide you with a better experience.
Quinlan, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2014

My company books my hotels in advance and I always request an Extended Stay, however this has been the worst of all. The kid at the front named Albert, should not even be on the payroll. He is lazy and want to do the bare minimum required. Every time I go to the front, people are waiting on him to get back to the desk. I asked him for the cooking pans and dishes and he said he would bring them to me, went back down to get them myself and he had another excuse of him being too busy. Long story short, I had to gather my own dishes up with the laundry lady and eat out the first night. Moving on to the second night, got up and cooked, made coffee, to find out there was 1 inch thick of mold where the water goes. Thankful I saw this before consuming. I will be contacting the manager as soon as I can.

Stayed December 2014, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Miami - Airport - Doral, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Thank you for providing us with details about your stay. We strive to provide guests with all the comforts of home, so I am so disappointed to hear that my staff did not meet your needs. To ensure that a situation like yours doesn't happen again, I will be coaching my team to better accommodate our guests in a polite and friendly manner. As well, I am so disappointed to read of the cleanliness issue with your coffee maker. I will be meeting with my staff to review our cleanliness procedures to ensure that your experience is not repeated. Thanks to your feedback, we can continue to work on providing an exceptional stay for all of our guests. I would be happy to speak with you further. If you would like, please contact me directly, at MAP@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better experience the next time you're in the area.
Chicago, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2014

This hotel was a pleasant surprise for me, since it is an Extended Stay America hotel. The chain is usually on the low bar for me. This one in Doral, Florida, about 2 miles or so west of the Miami International Airport and 4 blocks from Donald Trump's Doral Country Club Spa, is slightly different from ESA's usual crappy style hotels. It is probably because it was their nicer Homestead hotel before the name change. It's rooms are furnished with better style furniture and blueprint. It is smaller than usual ESA rooms, but looks and feels nicer due to the bar style dining counter with cabinets and complimented with 2 bar chairs. I didn't mind the smaller studio apartment room at all for my 3 month stay. The negative was dealing with the hotel staff due to language barrier (they speak better Spanish then English) and the way they handled mail. The staff isn't bad, just not good with customer service. Another negative for me is being an older hotel (or just Miami), it has the outdoor walkways. I feel safer if it had the interior, especially being on the 1st floor.

ESA hotels are terrible with mail. Most hotels will call your room or leave a message, ESA hotels do nothing. I had to be told by a sender that I was sent a birthday card, days after my birthday. I now track my packages and just go down to the ESA office and ask. So the Miami ESA is just keeping with company policy with mail.

This ESA hotel is near restaurants, offices and public park. The park, J C Bermudez Park in Doral, has about a mile walking, running and bicycling trail around a pond. And since the hotel and park are near the airport, arriving and departing planes get real low and can be fun to watch. They even had a movie night in the park (in early November).

So my overall rating is average.

Room Tip: Bring swim trunks, has a pool.
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled on business
Tampa, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2014

We arrived late. The lobby office closes at 11pm so I used the phone outside to page and someone came to the office. We were greeted by Mayra. Very kind and helped us check in. We got to the room and we only had 1 towel fir a 2 bed bedroom and it was 4 of us. It was not bad and for the price to sleep a few hours it was a great value.

• Stayed December 2014
I read your review, and would like to thank you for writing a positive review of our hotel. I'm glad that you enjoyed our hotel and that Mayra provided you with such kind and helpful service. Still, I apologize that your room was missing towels when you arrived. I will be meeting with our housekeeping staff to ensure this does not occur in the future. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay America. We hope to see you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Mount Ulla, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2014

I stayed here for three nights during a sport's weekend vacation and was greatly satisfied. The room was clean and smelled fresh. The toilet and shower area were maintained as well. Outside noise was never a factor while staying in the room. The hotel is conveniently located at the corner of 33rd and 87th allowing for easy access to get where you're going. If I find myself in the area again, I'll look to stay at this hotel!

• Stayed November 2014, traveled solo

Been to Extended Stay America - Miami - Airport - Doral? Share your experiences!