“Horrible experience” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Miami - Airport - Doral

You added Extended Stay America - Miami - Airport - Doral to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Miami - Airport - Doral
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   8720 N.W. 33rd Street, Miami, FL 33172 (Formerly Homestead Miami Airport / Doral)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #83 of 129 Hotels in Miami
Quinlan, Texas
“Horrible experience”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

My company books my hotels in advance and I always request an Extended Stay, however this has been the worst of all. The kid at the front named Albert, should not even be on the payroll. He is lazy and want to do the bare minimum required. Every time I go to the front, people are waiting on him to get back to the desk. I asked him for the cooking pans and dishes and he said he would bring them to me, went back down to get them myself and he had another excuse of him being too busy. Long story short, I had to gather my own dishes up with the laundry lady and eat out the first night. Moving on to the second night, got up and cooked, made coffee, to find out there was 1 inch thick of mold where the water goes. Thankful I saw this before consuming. I will be contacting the manager as soon as I can.

Stayed December 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Chicago, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

This hotel was a pleasant surprise for me, since it is an Extended Stay America hotel. The chain is usually on the low bar for me. This one in Doral, Florida, about 2 miles or so west of the Miami International Airport and 4 blocks from Donald Trump's Doral Country Club Spa, is slightly different from ESA's usual crappy style hotels. It is probably because it was their nicer Homestead hotel before the name change. It's rooms are furnished with better style furniture and blueprint. It is smaller than usual ESA rooms, but looks and feels nicer due to the bar style dining counter with cabinets and complimented with 2 bar chairs. I didn't mind the smaller studio apartment room at all for my 3 month stay. The negative was dealing with the hotel staff due to language barrier (they speak better Spanish then English) and the way they handled mail. The staff isn't bad, just not good with customer service. Another negative for me is being an older hotel (or just Miami), it has the outdoor walkways. I feel safer if it had the interior, especially being on the 1st floor.

ESA hotels are terrible with mail. Most hotels will call your room or leave a message, ESA hotels do nothing. I had to be told by a sender that I was sent a birthday card, days after my birthday. I now track my packages and just go down to the ESA office and ask. So the Miami ESA is just keeping with company policy with mail.

This ESA hotel is near restaurants, offices and public park. The park, J C Bermudez Park in Doral, has about a mile walking, running and bicycling trail around a pond. And since the hotel and park are near the airport, arriving and departing planes get real low and can be fun to watch. They even had a movie night in the park (in early November).

So my overall rating is average.

Room Tip: Bring swim trunks, has a pool.
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled on business
Tampa, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

We arrived late. The lobby office closes at 11pm so I used the phone outside to page and someone came to the office. We were greeted by Mayra. Very kind and helped us check in. We got to the room and we only had 1 towel fir a 2 bed bedroom and it was 4 of us. It was not bad and for the price to sleep a few hours it was a great value.

• Stayed December 2014
Mount Ulla, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I stayed here for three nights during a sport's weekend vacation and was greatly satisfied. The room was clean and smelled fresh. The toilet and shower area were maintained as well. Outside noise was never a factor while staying in the room. The hotel is conveniently located at the corner of 33rd and 87th allowing for easy access to get where you're going. If I find myself in the area again, I'll look to stay at this hotel!

• Stayed November 2014, traveled solo
Tallahassee, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This hotel has room doors that open to the outside, in essence making it a motel. The towels were almost see through and felt like sandpaper. The front desk tried to charge tax on a (state governemnt) tax exempt account.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled on business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I purchased a room for this hotel through expedia and requested a crib for a baby (11 month old) and a double bed room.

Upon arriving at the hotel the place looked like a dump. The roof was being redone and there was yellow caution tape and red Danger tape sorrounding the hotel, including the entrance to our room, which we had to lift every day to cross.

Day 1: Upon check in I advied the lady who i remember is named Mercedes that i requested a crib for the room she in turn said that the hotel did not have cribs and that she would check with the sister hotels to see if she could get one and let us know. hours passed and we did not receive a call from anyone.

Day 2: I went early in the morning to ask about the crib as none of the beds in the room were against the wall and i started to fear that my daughter would possibly roll off the bed. I spoke to a man this time (the apparent manager) whom i explained my concern and also suggested that maybe i be given a king size bed so that i can sleep on the bed with my friend so that the baby would not roll off. He informed he would contact me shortly as he would also be checking the sister hotels for a crib. I felt a bit more reassured as it was the Manager i was dealing with. after an hour i called the front desk and spoke to him and ask him of the status of the crib as i needed to leave the hotel to do some errands. He said to me that i am not to "Worry" and that he if he "had to go to Kmart to buy one today he would". i left the hotel and upon returning i had no messages no crib no resolution whatsoever.

Day 3: Around 1:00 am, my friend developed a very hot fever and as I am travelling internationally and unfamiliar to the area i called front desk to ask them where the nearest hospital was. The phone rang out twice and finally someone answered and when i asked they replied that there front desk was closed. We ended up driving for over an hour before finding a hospital (thanks to our GPS) because the nearest one to the hotel was actually closed for renovations.

Day4: Went top front Desk and asked about crib or a possbility for a king size bed. The guy shook him shoulders and said he didnt know anything about it and that he could not help pr do anything.

This hotel is a joke and the to go brekfast consisted of coffee, tea and a granola bar. No juice, cereal, fruit nothing!

DO NOT STAY HERE! IT IS GHETTO BEYOND GHETTO AND SO ARE THEIR STAFF!

Stayed November 2014, traveled with family
Orlando, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We reserved a king sized room with a sofa on the company's website. We were informed at checkin that they did not have that room available and that this was a regular occurrence. The front desk clerk wanted us to pay the same rate. We asked for a lower rate since we were not receiving the larger room we reserved. After some pushing, we were compensated.

Upon entry, the room smelled musty and like mildew. It seems this smell is coming from the very old cabinetry. We only had three pillows that were all very thin. The bedding some very old and used. The towels were so hard we felt we were getting exfoliated every time we used them. It seemed like someone tried to "renovate" the room however there were dried paint drippings everywhere. In the shower, someone patched the wall but did not paint over them. The bathroom sink was cracked and someone tried to cover it up with caulk but you could still see the crack.

You will also hear the planes from the airport.

Overall, it felt like a motel you rent by the hour.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Extended Stay America - Miami - Airport - Doral? Share your experiences!