“Just Perfect” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Miami - Airport - Doral

Save Saved
You added Extended Stay America - Miami - Airport - Doral to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Miami - Airport - Doral
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   8720 N.W. 33rd Street, Miami, FL 33172 (Formerly Homestead Miami Airport / Doral)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #67 of 130 hotels in Miami
Port Au Prince, Haiti
“Just Perfect”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

Yes, it depends what you look for. I traveled to Miami just to spend a night between flights but the situation wans't easy. My mom was coming back from a latin country after a long time, she was emotional. we first saw after a year. she had huge luggage and our little dog. She's picky and she's always afraid the dog will suffer somewhere where people dont want her.
But the front desk clerk was extra nice, provided us with a magnet to put on the door where it said Dog Inside (LOL), we paid a fee for the dog upon check in. There's a shuttle from the airport, but you need to call. Driver is Cuban and very polite helps you out with luggage.
the room was just perfect, spacious enough for all our luggage, cozy and comfortable, the bed was a good quality one, bathroom and kitchen sparkly clean. nobody complained about the dog, all guests were nice. there's a huge wonderful park just behind the structure where you can take walks in quietness and the breakfast was ordinary, but the Thai restaurant down the road was to die for.
We felt like we were home. And this, to us, have no price.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Miami - Airport - Doral, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
The staff and I read your review, and would like to thank you for writing such wonderful things about our hotel. I am so glad to read that you were pleased with our outstanding customer service and clean, comfortable rooms that made this your home away from home!

99 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Bridgetown, Barbados
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

Friendly, helpful staff. Found it very quiet even though there were lots of cars in the car park. Get a discount at Tony Romas with your key card. Room was good size, clean and enough utensils for basic cooking. No fry pan if you wanted eggs for breakfast. No safe in room. We went to shop for my son's wedding and had lots of bags every day,really convenient to get things into room with a ground floor room, just parked outside and carted them in! Have found my place to stay when ever I need to shop as it is close to the malls, Walmart etc. Beds and pillows a little hard for me.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Miami - Airport - Doral, responded to this review, April 18, 2013
Thank you for your kind words on your review of our property. I am glad to read that you were pleased with the cleanliness of our rooms and the friendliness of our staff. I am sorry to hear that the beds and pillows were a little too hard.

Thank you very much for providing us with your feedback. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

I have been staying here since December and I have to say the staff are very friendly and helpful. The rooms are clean and they allow pets - I have 2 cats. The hotel includes free wifi. Bring change to clean your laundry. There is a pool and it is nestled between 2 great restaurants - it is walking distance to the Trump Doral Golf resort and spa where I met Mr. Trump and saw Tiger Woods play golf. They are going to be undergoing renovations in August.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for posting such a positive feed back. I truly appreciate your comments regarding the staff and our amenities. Once more, thank you for posting your review. We look forward to having you here for a long time with us.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

Hotel room was clean. Everything was operational. Room had a slight old odor smell to it. Some ppl were lingering in parking lot area with beach chairs at night. But other than that, it was a good stay. No one was a bother. I would probably stay here again.

• Stayed February 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Miami - Airport - Doral, responded to this review, April 19, 2013
Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. I am so glad to hear that your room was clean and you had an overall good stay. I am sorry to hear that the room had a slight odor. I will speak with our housekeeping staff to ensure that this is taken care of immediately.

Thank you again for posting your review. We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations, in the future.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

The place is being converted to an Extended Stay, so it was in a state of disrepair. However, it was clearly worn and it'll be interesting to see if it gets any better after the conversion is complete ... not that I'd ever visit again to find out. My family and I were looking for a place to stay during a 12-hour stopover in Miami. The place is near the airport, had decent reviews and a good price, so we booked it. Ugh, it was bad. We were given a room on the third floor, which had an unusual odor, like poorly cooked food. Then, the room we were given already had someone in it! Fortunately, the occupants weren't there, so we turned around and went back downstairs and got another room. This one was clearly worn and there was a weird depression in the floor near the heater. The rug covered it, but it was clearly a hole of some sort. The rooms were good size. The linens were OK. But we skipped the shower in the morning and bolted for the airport as fast as we could.

Room Tip: Wait until the remodeling is completed and, if it's a good price and all other hotels are booked...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
I appreciate you bringing your experience to our attention. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed the size of our guest rooms and that the linens were comfortable to sleep in. Still, it upsets me to hear that your first room had a slight odor and the second had a depression in the floor. To uphold our company's high standards, I will be sharing your comments with our renovation team, ensuring these issues are taken care of as we finish the hotel's renovation.

Please know, your feedback is very important to us, so thank you for sharing. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at map@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations across the U.S. and Canada in the future.
Rejser
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

Arriving late afternoon from Europe, we had a stay here. It was in every sense a good hotel. Close to the airport. Quiet, easy to find and close to several restaurants. It was a good start of our vacation i Florida.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Eileen R, Manager at Extended Stay America - Miami - Airport - Doral, responded to this review, February 28, 2013

Boston, MA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

I recently stayed for one night but would look elsewhere for a room if I stayed in the area again. The rooms were average but small. The bed was fairly comfortable but the pillows were the most uncomfortable I've ever slept on. They seemed to be filled with miniature ping-pong balls and all were the same. As stated by another reviewer, I also was not pleased that reception could not be reached after 11 pm, nor before 6:30 am. Overall, not a great value for what you receive!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Eileen R, Manager at Extended Stay America - Miami - Airport - Doral, responded to this review, February 8, 2013

I do appreciate the opportunity to respond to your issue in a way that might be able to help future customers. It's very important to us that our guests know exactly what to expect when staying with us - a great room at an exceptional rate. In order for us to continue offering such value, we maintain fully staffed front desk hours between 7am and 11pm seven days a week. During other times, our overnight staff is always available to check in guests and assist with other issues.

Been to Extended Stay America - Miami - Airport - Doral? Share your experiences!