“Not bad for the price” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Miami - Airport - Doral

Save Saved
You added Extended Stay America - Miami - Airport - Doral to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Miami - Airport - Doral
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   8720 N.W. 33rd Street, Miami, FL 33172 (Formerly Homestead Miami Airport / Doral)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #77 of 129 Hotels in Miami
“Not bad for the price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

Hotel room was clean. Everything was operational. Room had a slight old odor smell to it. Some ppl were lingering in parking lot area with beach chairs at night. But other than that, it was a good stay. No one was a bother. I would probably stay here again.

• Stayed February 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Miami - Airport - Doral, responded to this review, April 19, 2013
Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. I am so glad to hear that your room was clean and you had an overall good stay. I am sorry to hear that the room had a slight odor. I will speak with our housekeeping staff to ensure that this is taken care of immediately.

Thank you again for posting your review. We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations, in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

The place is being converted to an Extended Stay, so it was in a state of disrepair. However, it was clearly worn and it'll be interesting to see if it gets any better after the conversion is complete ... not that I'd ever visit again to find out. My family and I were looking for a place to stay during a 12-hour stopover in Miami. The place is near the airport, had decent reviews and a good price, so we booked it. Ugh, it was bad. We were given a room on the third floor, which had an unusual odor, like poorly cooked food. Then, the room we were given already had someone in it! Fortunately, the occupants weren't there, so we turned around and went back downstairs and got another room. This one was clearly worn and there was a weird depression in the floor near the heater. The rug covered it, but it was clearly a hole of some sort. The rooms were good size. The linens were OK. But we skipped the shower in the morning and bolted for the airport as fast as we could.

Room Tip: Wait until the remodeling is completed and, if it's a good price and all other hotels are booked...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
I appreciate you bringing your experience to our attention. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed the size of our guest rooms and that the linens were comfortable to sleep in. Still, it upsets me to hear that your first room had a slight odor and the second had a depression in the floor. To uphold our company's high standards, I will be sharing your comments with our renovation team, ensuring these issues are taken care of as we finish the hotel's renovation.

Please know, your feedback is very important to us, so thank you for sharing. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at map@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations across the U.S. and Canada in the future.
Rejser
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

Arriving late afternoon from Europe, we had a stay here. It was in every sense a good hotel. Close to the airport. Quiet, easy to find and close to several restaurants. It was a good start of our vacation i Florida.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Eileen R, Manager at Extended Stay America - Miami - Airport - Doral, responded to this review, February 28, 2013

Boston, MA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

I recently stayed for one night but would look elsewhere for a room if I stayed in the area again. The rooms were average but small. The bed was fairly comfortable but the pillows were the most uncomfortable I've ever slept on. They seemed to be filled with miniature ping-pong balls and all were the same. As stated by another reviewer, I also was not pleased that reception could not be reached after 11 pm, nor before 6:30 am. Overall, not a great value for what you receive!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Eileen R, Manager at Extended Stay America - Miami - Airport - Doral, responded to this review, February 8, 2013

I do appreciate the opportunity to respond to your issue in a way that might be able to help future customers. It's very important to us that our guests know exactly what to expect when staying with us - a great room at an exceptional rate. In order for us to continue offering such value, we maintain fully staffed front desk hours between 7am and 11pm seven days a week. During other times, our overnight staff is always available to check in guests and assist with other issues.

Nassau
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

didn't like not being able to speak to front desk anytime after 11pm and before 7:30am! No vending machines available for a beverage. Couldn't use tub, had to shower. Microwave on the outside, front opening was a bit dirty or stained. I was able to get photocopies of my receipts! Parking was good. Bed didn't seem to be a queen. Pillows were too flat. The area was great. The kitchenette was good. Wifi !!

Room Tip: i don't know because i could have heard much movement and noise from either side of our room
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Trinidad
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

My Husband and I stayed here from December 24th to 28th, 2012. The rooms were clean, the service was good and the WiFi worked extremely well. The location worked for me. the kitchenette was an extra bonus, it gave us a bit of independence.

I would definately stay here again and will recommend to my friends

Room Tip: Rooms overloooking the Pool are nice
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends

Once again, I and the entire staff at our hotel thank you for your very kind words, and we'd love to see you here again. Please don't hesitate to call on me for your future stays here or at any other Extended Stay Hotels location.
Austin, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

The area is nice and safe. The hotel from the outside looks good and not trashy. The inside looks rundown. It smells really bad …I had to spray the whole room. The room doesn't really get cold with ac on. The room was not clean and it looks really old. The ceilings have brown spots. Just nasty...........but with that being said it’s survivable for just a quick one night. It has a kitchen but it has no utensils no plates nothing. The element hotel on the other hand omg I really liked it – the kitchen comes with everything from paper towels to oven, glass plates. The bed is so comfy with white sheets I got that room on Priceline for $40.I got stuck with this hotel from bidding on Priceline at $64.16 with tax. This is a two star hotel at the price of $50 and $14.16 of taxes. I have gotten a cheaper price for a 31/2 star hotel from Priceline but not today maybe because it was book on the same day. I have submitted pics of the hotel below.

Room Tip: there is no elevator. so if you have lots of luggage ask for a room on the first floor.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo

Been to Extended Stay America - Miami - Airport - Doral? Share your experiences!