“Great affordable hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Miami - Airport - Doral

Save Saved
You added Extended Stay America - Miami - Airport - Doral to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Miami - Airport - Doral
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   8720 N.W. 33rd Street, Miami, FL 33172 (Formerly Homestead Miami Airport / Doral)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #67 of 130 hotels in Miami
Trinidad
“Great affordable hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

My Husband and I stayed here from December 24th to 28th, 2012. The rooms were clean, the service was good and the WiFi worked extremely well. The location worked for me. the kitchenette was an extra bonus, it gave us a bit of independence.

I would definately stay here again and will recommend to my friends

Room Tip: Rooms overloooking the Pool are nice
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Eileen R, Manager at Extended Stay America - Miami - Airport - Doral, responded to this review, February 8, 2013

Once again, I and the entire staff at our hotel thank you for your very kind words, and we'd love to see you here again. Please don't hesitate to call on me for your future stays here or at any other Extended Stay Hotels location.

99 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Austin, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

The area is nice and safe. The hotel from the outside looks good and not trashy. The inside looks rundown. It smells really bad …I had to spray the whole room. The room doesn't really get cold with ac on. The room was not clean and it looks really old. The ceilings have brown spots. Just nasty...........but with that being said it’s survivable for just a quick one night. It has a kitchen but it has no utensils no plates nothing. The element hotel on the other hand omg I really liked it – the kitchen comes with everything from paper towels to oven, glass plates. The bed is so comfy with white sheets I got that room on Priceline for $40.I got stuck with this hotel from bidding on Priceline at $64.16 with tax. This is a two star hotel at the price of $50 and $14.16 of taxes. I have gotten a cheaper price for a 31/2 star hotel from Priceline but not today maybe because it was book on the same day. I have submitted pics of the hotel below.

Room Tip: there is no elevator. so if you have lots of luggage ask for a room on the first floor.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo

Miami
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

It was my first time going to a hotel by myself with a good friend of mine and both me and her really liked it. The greeting from the employee Raul was so kind and patient with us since we werent sure what name the reservation was under...he kindly search constantly and it all went smoothly...the wi-fi is a little rough...sometimes it works and sometimes doesnt. I loved the kitchen inside the place it was cozzy and worth the amount we paid! NO ROACHS so i was VERY PLEASED AND COMFORTABLE! you wont regret going...at least to the Doral one!

Room Tip: if your going with girl-friends...get double beds...more room in the room!
Miami, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

Like a little home away from home. The hotel was quiet. The staff was friendly and extremely easy to work with! I like the kitchenette. Extremely convenient, (however, the kitchenette had limited supplies (dishes, utensils, cups, pots etc.~only 2 of each) When I stayed the water pressure was low, and the shower curtain could have been thicker and a little longer. But overall the stay was nice, quiet and convenient.

Room Tip: The rooms with the single bed are smaller than the rooms with the double beds. If you have a child...
Doral, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

What can I say about the Homestead Studio Suite only that I loved my stay. From the moment I drove up to the entranceway I knew this was a nice place to stay. Alex and the rest of the staff were professional, friendly and helpful. I have stayed in plenty of hotels, but this is one of the best. After transferring to Miami from Northern NY, locating affordable living quarters was a night mare. Alex an understanding, wonderful and helpful manager at the hotel went out of his way to assure I had a room during my times of uncertainty and confusion. The suite is roomy, clean, has a full kitchen with refrig, m/w, stove, and utensils. The hotel has great access to the airport and a comfortable place for the business traveler. The bed was super comfortable, and the air conditioning worked great. The bathroom was modern and tasteful. Would definitely recommend this hotel and would stay there again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Miami, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

I stayed at the Homestead Studio Suites, 8729 NW 33rd St, Doral, FL for almost 3 months while I when through the process of finding and buying a new home. This is a GREAT value. The staff is very helpful and courteous, particularly the manager, Alejandro Arguello. The rooms and clean and comfortable. The facilities are neat and well maintained. The place is quiet and safe. If you're going to do business (visiting, TDY or new arrival) at U.S. Southern Command, you can't beat the location, it's just 1/2 a block away, same street. Also a great location if you will be doing business in Doral, need access to the Palmetto or 836, or you will be working/visiting the many freight forwarders, shipping and air transport companies that are located close to Miami Int. Airport. Also convenient (8-10 miles) to downtown Miami, Brickell, the Design District, and Coral Gables. NOTE: not necessarily convenient to the beaches.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the back or side of the hotel, in the first floor and more importantly, for a room...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Prague, Czech Republic
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

Clean, modest place where you can cook and sleep. Free internet with normal speed, for higher speed you must pay. Parking is right to your door. Little problem accured. There was no any pan. But after visiting reception I recieved two. One for frying and one for boiling. I stayed there because of location and price. I had something to do in Trump Doral Golf Resort & Spa, so just 10 min. of walking.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Eileen R, Manager at Extended Stay America - Miami - Airport - Doral, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
It was very kind of you to take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. Our company motto is "Excellence Every Day, Every Way," and my promise to you is that we will continue to operate according to this practice; after all, that's how Extended Stay Hotels(sm) got to be the largest extended stay lodging brand in North America.

Been to Extended Stay America - Miami - Airport - Doral? Share your experiences!