“I got what I had expected” 3 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added Extended Stay America - Miami - Airport - Doral to your Saves list
Orbitz.com Ext. Stay America
Extended Stay America - Miami - Airport - Doral
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   8720 N.W. 33rd Street, Miami, FL 33172 (Formerly Homestead Miami Airport / Doral)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #82 of 131 hotels in Miami
Prague, Czech Republic
“I got what I had expected”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

Clean, modest place where you can cook and sleep. Free internet with normal speed, for higher speed you must pay. Parking is right to your door. Little problem accured. There was no any pan. But after visiting reception I recieved two. One for frying and one for boiling. I stayed there because of location and price. I had something to do in Trump Doral Golf Resort & Spa, so just 10 min. of walking.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Eileen R, Manager at Extended Stay America - Miami - Airport - Doral, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
It was very kind of you to take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. Our company motto is "Excellence Every Day, Every Way," and my promise to you is that we will continue to operate according to this practice; after all, that's how Extended Stay Hotels(sm) got to be the largest extended stay lodging brand in North America.

92 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Chicago, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

I stayed there for 5 days. It is close to everything. In the heart of doral. If u stay there u can get free starter at a Tony Remo (which is nxt door).
Pro:-
1. Cheep.
2. Close to lot of things. Downtown, Beaches and Shopping..
3. Free parking..
Con:-
1.Not worth staying ..(better place around the area)
2.Lack for safety.(a trucks with 3 people was parked in front of my room and hrs. When i got close to the truck saw that why were smokeing crack...
3.The room was hard to find.
4.The room is dirt,smells and small.
5. The carpet is dirty.
6.The bathroom had lot of hair in the tub.
7. The place to so noisy, Could not sleep. Plans start to fly over the hotel at like 5 am and keep going over every 10 min...so if u r looking for a quite place to sleep this is not a place to stay...

Price line it...u will get a good deal..

Room Tip: There are better place to stay in doral...Free started at tony remo which is nxt door....Price line...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

I stayed here because it was close to the airport, price was fair and had wifi. I am from Texas, came to Miami for a special event/ extended vaca. I stayed from the 3-9 of October. I've read several reviews here on trip advisor prior to booking and I must say that it didn't smell like smoke, kitchen has lots of kitchen ware, staff is very friendly and willing to tend to your needs (needed extra towels and pillows, received them without any trouble), can't here traffic (slept like baby), free parking was nice, new fridge, flat screen tv w/ cable, has access elevator with luggage cart, nice park right next to it, and tiny romas was a great place to eat within walking distance!!
The only thing I could say I wish they had was complimentary breakfast, but other than that, it was a outstanding stay over all!!

-JD

• Stayed October 2012
Eileen R, Manager at Extended Stay America - Miami - Airport - Doral, responded to this review, October 16, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to see you again the next time you are visiting the Miami area.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2012 via mobile

I needed a last minute hotel the same day b/c our connecting flight wasn't until the morning. I booked this over the phone and only specified lowest cost by the airport. There are 3 Homestead Suites that come up by the airport. This one in Doral was a $25 cab ride away. I would have gotten a higher priced room closer to the airport with a shuttle. The room was bare minimum with small microwave, toaster, and full size fridge which wasn't cold enough. I didn't want to walk anywhere in the room without my shoes on. Shower had low water pressure. Only positives: free wi-fi and a Tony Roma's and Miller's Ale House right across the street. I would not stay here again.

• Stayed April 2012
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Miami - Airport - Doral, responded to this review, July 19, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to make us aware of your experience at Homestead Miami - Airport at Doral. Providing for your total satisfaction, from the moment you arrive to the moment you depart, is my staff's primary duty. Hearing that we failed in your case is truly disheartening, and for that, I offer you my sincerest apology.

We will work with our staff to ensure that the location and amenities provided are accurately described to our guest when making reservations to hopefully avoid any confusion with any other guests.
Again, I apologize and promise you that we are committed to your total satisfaction. If there is anything you would like to discuss further with me or our guest relations team, please don't hesitate to contact us by visiting our website and clicking on the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page. I do hope you will give us the honor of having you as a guest again if future travels will bring you into our area.
Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2012

Needed one night to stay in Miami before I left for a cruise! I contacted an on-line agent on a travel site. Requested a clean and safe place to stay not to expensive... Well I guess my standards of safe and clean are way higher then the rep!!... The instant I walked in the smell of smoke hits you like a brick wall. I didn't even put my luggage on the floor, I also put towels all over the floor cause I didn't want to step. The neighborhood was loud and sketchy... didn't sleep all night, couldn't leave it was late and all the near hotels were full...It was a horrible start to my vaca!! Stay away at all cost!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
Nassau, New Providence, The Bahamas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2012

I chose to stay here for an 8 day visit to accompany a friend who had to go to Miami for medical reasons. It is no better than a regular hotel as far as facilities are concerned. Nothing to cook with no utensils, plates or such. No point in having the kitchen. Their web site is distinctly misleading. The girl in the office simply told me there was nothing she could do. After one night I need to find a new place to stay as this place sucks.

Room Tip: Pick another place.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
Ormond Beach, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2012

Stayed here for 2 nights, Friday and Saturday while working in Miami. Got very little sleep because the street noise was so loud. It felt like a window was open with the boom, boom, boom, to the trucks zooming by. We had a nonsmoking room but next door was a smoking room. Of course we could smell it through the vents. When will they make whole floors nonsmoking? Will not stay here again!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business

Been to Extended Stay America - Miami - Airport - Doral? Share your experiences!