“Not by airport, wouldn't stay again” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Miami - Airport - Doral

Save Saved
You added Extended Stay America - Miami - Airport - Doral to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Miami - Airport - Doral
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   8720 N.W. 33rd Street, Miami, FL 33172 (Formerly Homestead Miami Airport / Doral)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #72 of 130 hotels in Miami
“Not by airport, wouldn't stay again”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2012 via mobile

I needed a last minute hotel the same day b/c our connecting flight wasn't until the morning. I booked this over the phone and only specified lowest cost by the airport. There are 3 Homestead Suites that come up by the airport. This one in Doral was a $25 cab ride away. I would have gotten a higher priced room closer to the airport with a shuttle. The room was bare minimum with small microwave, toaster, and full size fridge which wasn't cold enough. I didn't want to walk anywhere in the room without my shoes on. Shower had low water pressure. Only positives: free wi-fi and a Tony Roma's and Miller's Ale House right across the street. I would not stay here again.

• Stayed April 2012
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Miami - Airport - Doral, responded to this review, July 19, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to make us aware of your experience at Homestead Miami - Airport at Doral. Providing for your total satisfaction, from the moment you arrive to the moment you depart, is my staff's primary duty. Hearing that we failed in your case is truly disheartening, and for that, I offer you my sincerest apology.

We will work with our staff to ensure that the location and amenities provided are accurately described to our guest when making reservations to hopefully avoid any confusion with any other guests.
Again, I apologize and promise you that we are committed to your total satisfaction. If there is anything you would like to discuss further with me or our guest relations team, please don't hesitate to contact us by visiting our website and clicking on the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page. I do hope you will give us the honor of having you as a guest again if future travels will bring you into our area.

99 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2012

Needed one night to stay in Miami before I left for a cruise! I contacted an on-line agent on a travel site. Requested a clean and safe place to stay not to expensive... Well I guess my standards of safe and clean are way higher then the rep!!... The instant I walked in the smell of smoke hits you like a brick wall. I didn't even put my luggage on the floor, I also put towels all over the floor cause I didn't want to step. The neighborhood was loud and sketchy... didn't sleep all night, couldn't leave it was late and all the near hotels were full...It was a horrible start to my vaca!! Stay away at all cost!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
Nassau, New Providence, The Bahamas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2012

I chose to stay here for an 8 day visit to accompany a friend who had to go to Miami for medical reasons. It is no better than a regular hotel as far as facilities are concerned. Nothing to cook with no utensils, plates or such. No point in having the kitchen. Their web site is distinctly misleading. The girl in the office simply told me there was nothing she could do. After one night I need to find a new place to stay as this place sucks.

Room Tip: Pick another place.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
Ormond Beach, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2012

Stayed here for 2 nights, Friday and Saturday while working in Miami. Got very little sleep because the street noise was so loud. It felt like a window was open with the boom, boom, boom, to the trucks zooming by. We had a nonsmoking room but next door was a smoking room. Of course we could smell it through the vents. When will they make whole floors nonsmoking? Will not stay here again!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Caracas, Venezuela
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2011

The place is an affordable option for an extended stay, however quality is low. Furniture and appliances are very basic and if you plan to cook there is only one multiuse pot, don’t expect a complete cookware set. It looks like is designed only to cook pasta ;-) a pot and a strainer

If you are looking for privacy, this is not the place; the rooms are designed with only one window that looks to the hotel aisle, so any pedestrian will look inside your room.

Staff is very kind. No amenities and TV channels options are just the basic ones

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Newcastle, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2011

We only used the hotel as a place to sleep as our plane was due to arrive at 1am, but didnt end up arriving till 2am.

It was a self contained room (kitchen, stove, applicances, fridge/freezer, cutlery, plates etc) also had a TV and phone.

We arrived after 230am (taxi cost us $20 from the airport) and reception was closed. We had to use the service phone located outside to contact the night receptionist (no problems). The lady came down and didnt seemed to mind at the time.

Our room was nice and clean and in good repair.

Wifi was free i think, but we didnt use it. We only slept, awoke and left to our next destination.

Cant really comment further as we didnt have time to experience much of the hotel. We went straight to sleep, woke up and left. The staff both night and day were professional and nice. Offering to call us a cab, letting us use their computer to check something.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2011

Decent place. Nothing fancy. The receptionist was quite helpful on Day 1.

I unfortunately had a bad experience but it was probably an abberration. The fire alarm kept going for half an hour at night before being fixed. Then the power was out for the night which was terrible (But it appears that the power was out in the whole town). I couldn't sleep at all. I dont know if I should be entitled to some refund but I left it at that.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business

Been to Extended Stay America - Miami - Airport - Doral? Share your experiences!