“DON'T ever stay here!!!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Miami - Airport - Doral

Save Saved
You added Extended Stay America - Miami - Airport - Doral to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Miami - Airport - Doral
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   8720 N.W. 33rd Street, Miami, FL 33172 (Formerly Homestead Miami Airport / Doral)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #79 of 130 Hotels in Miami
Canada
“DON'T ever stay here!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2012

Needed one night to stay in Miami before I left for a cruise! I contacted an on-line agent on a travel site. Requested a clean and safe place to stay not to expensive... Well I guess my standards of safe and clean are way higher then the rep!!... The instant I walked in the smell of smoke hits you like a brick wall. I didn't even put my luggage on the floor, I also put towels all over the floor cause I didn't want to step. The neighborhood was loud and sketchy... didn't sleep all night, couldn't leave it was late and all the near hotels were full...It was a horrible start to my vaca!! Stay away at all cost!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Nassau, New Providence, The Bahamas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2012

I chose to stay here for an 8 day visit to accompany a friend who had to go to Miami for medical reasons. It is no better than a regular hotel as far as facilities are concerned. Nothing to cook with no utensils, plates or such. No point in having the kitchen. Their web site is distinctly misleading. The girl in the office simply told me there was nothing she could do. After one night I need to find a new place to stay as this place sucks.

Room Tip: Pick another place.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
Ormond Beach, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2012

Stayed here for 2 nights, Friday and Saturday while working in Miami. Got very little sleep because the street noise was so loud. It felt like a window was open with the boom, boom, boom, to the trucks zooming by. We had a nonsmoking room but next door was a smoking room. Of course we could smell it through the vents. When will they make whole floors nonsmoking? Will not stay here again!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Caracas, Venezuela
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2011

The place is an affordable option for an extended stay, however quality is low. Furniture and appliances are very basic and if you plan to cook there is only one multiuse pot, don’t expect a complete cookware set. It looks like is designed only to cook pasta ;-) a pot and a strainer

If you are looking for privacy, this is not the place; the rooms are designed with only one window that looks to the hotel aisle, so any pedestrian will look inside your room.

Staff is very kind. No amenities and TV channels options are just the basic ones

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Newcastle, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2011

We only used the hotel as a place to sleep as our plane was due to arrive at 1am, but didnt end up arriving till 2am.

It was a self contained room (kitchen, stove, applicances, fridge/freezer, cutlery, plates etc) also had a TV and phone.

We arrived after 230am (taxi cost us $20 from the airport) and reception was closed. We had to use the service phone located outside to contact the night receptionist (no problems). The lady came down and didnt seemed to mind at the time.

Our room was nice and clean and in good repair.

Wifi was free i think, but we didnt use it. We only slept, awoke and left to our next destination.

Cant really comment further as we didnt have time to experience much of the hotel. We went straight to sleep, woke up and left. The staff both night and day were professional and nice. Offering to call us a cab, letting us use their computer to check something.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2011

Decent place. Nothing fancy. The receptionist was quite helpful on Day 1.

I unfortunately had a bad experience but it was probably an abberration. The fire alarm kept going for half an hour at night before being fixed. Then the power was out for the night which was terrible (But it appears that the power was out in the whole town). I couldn't sleep at all. I dont know if I should be entitled to some refund but I left it at that.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Coburg, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2011

I was a bit concerned about booking a month-long stay here when I read some of the previous reviews. However, now that I'm here, I can say that my worries were unfounded. The front desk staff have been friendly and helpful. The room is as expected in an extended stay property, and is clean and in good shape. I have a non-smoking room, but noticed a cigarette smell in the bathroom. The smell seemed to be coming from an unused vent in the ceiling, so I covered it and the smell stopped. The cable has a good selection of stations, including Fox and ABC, which a previous reviewer said they didn't have. I needed extra hangers and a staff member was kind enough to deliver an extra dozen immediately to my room. They have high-speed WIFI for a small one-time fee and I've had no problems with it.

Although some reviewers have complained about the noise from planes coming into Miami Airport, not many actually fly above the hotel. If you have on the AC/heating unit, you rarely hear anything from outside the room. I'm in a second-floor room away from 87th Ave, a busy street, so I don't get any street noise. There is street construction going on in front of the hotel and the trucks stage next to it, so there is some noise from those trucks, but not usually before 7am.

I love having the park next door! It's easily accessed from the hotel and provides a nice place to walk in the mornings, with a 1-mile paved path around a small lake.

There are a few restaurants within walking distance, but you have to stay on the west side of 87th, as there are no crosswalks for some distance in either direction of the hotel. Tony Roma's is next door, Mondongo's a half-block away, and a strip center with Dunkin' Donuts, Quizno's, etc. is on the other side of the park. There are quite a few eateries up and down 87th, as well.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business

Been to Extended Stay America - Miami - Airport - Doral? Share your experiences!