Save Saved
You added Extended Stay America - Miami - Airport - Doral to your Saves list
Prices are for rooms, adults
Extended Stay America - Miami - Airport - Doral
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   8720 N.W. 33rd Street, Miami, FL 33172 (Formerly Homestead Miami Airport / Doral)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #72 of 129 hotels in Miami
Ormond Beach, Florida
“LOUD!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2012

Stayed here for 2 nights, Friday and Saturday while working in Miami. Got very little sleep because the street noise was so loud. It felt like a window was open with the boom, boom, boom, to the trucks zooming by. We had a nonsmoking room but next door was a smoking room. Of course we could smell it through the vents. When will they make whole floors nonsmoking? Will not stay here again!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business

84 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Caracas, Venezuela
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2011

The place is an affordable option for an extended stay, however quality is low. Furniture and appliances are very basic and if you plan to cook there is only one multiuse pot, don’t expect a complete cookware set. It looks like is designed only to cook pasta ;-) a pot and a strainer

If you are looking for privacy, this is not the place; the rooms are designed with only one window that looks to the hotel aisle, so any pedestrian will look inside your room.

Staff is very kind. No amenities and TV channels options are just the basic ones

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Newcastle, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2011

We only used the hotel as a place to sleep as our plane was due to arrive at 1am, but didnt end up arriving till 2am.

It was a self contained room (kitchen, stove, applicances, fridge/freezer, cutlery, plates etc) also had a TV and phone.

We arrived after 230am (taxi cost us $20 from the airport) and reception was closed. We had to use the service phone located outside to contact the night receptionist (no problems). The lady came down and didnt seemed to mind at the time.

Our room was nice and clean and in good repair.

Wifi was free i think, but we didnt use it. We only slept, awoke and left to our next destination.

Cant really comment further as we didnt have time to experience much of the hotel. We went straight to sleep, woke up and left. The staff both night and day were professional and nice. Offering to call us a cab, letting us use their computer to check something.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2011

Decent place. Nothing fancy. The receptionist was quite helpful on Day 1.

I unfortunately had a bad experience but it was probably an abberration. The fire alarm kept going for half an hour at night before being fixed. Then the power was out for the night which was terrible (But it appears that the power was out in the whole town). I couldn't sleep at all. I dont know if I should be entitled to some refund but I left it at that.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Coburg, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2011

I was a bit concerned about booking a month-long stay here when I read some of the previous reviews. However, now that I'm here, I can say that my worries were unfounded. The front desk staff have been friendly and helpful. The room is as expected in an extended stay property, and is clean and in good shape. I have a non-smoking room, but noticed a cigarette smell in the bathroom. The smell seemed to be coming from an unused vent in the ceiling, so I covered it and the smell stopped. The cable has a good selection of stations, including Fox and ABC, which a previous reviewer said they didn't have. I needed extra hangers and a staff member was kind enough to deliver an extra dozen immediately to my room. They have high-speed WIFI for a small one-time fee and I've had no problems with it.

Although some reviewers have complained about the noise from planes coming into Miami Airport, not many actually fly above the hotel. If you have on the AC/heating unit, you rarely hear anything from outside the room. I'm in a second-floor room away from 87th Ave, a busy street, so I don't get any street noise. There is street construction going on in front of the hotel and the trucks stage next to it, so there is some noise from those trucks, but not usually before 7am.

I love having the park next door! It's easily accessed from the hotel and provides a nice place to walk in the mornings, with a 1-mile paved path around a small lake.

There are a few restaurants within walking distance, but you have to stay on the west side of 87th, as there are no crosswalks for some distance in either direction of the hotel. Tony Roma's is next door, Mondongo's a half-block away, and a strip center with Dunkin' Donuts, Quizno's, etc. is on the other side of the park. There are quite a few eateries up and down 87th, as well.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
bahamas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2011

I had planned to stay at Homestead - Blue Lagoon, but accidently booked Homestead Doral. The property was extremely clean and inviting. The checkin and checkout process was fast and efficient. My friend and I both commented on the pleasant scent that greeted us when we opened the door to the room. The property is close to the highway and I expected some noise but it was really quiet (I slept with the ac unit off). I missed the convenience of having a pantry on site, but the Tony Romas restuarant next door was a welcomed bonus. I have also stayed in Homestead - Ft. Lauderdale and Homestead - Blue Lagoon and I have enjoyed all of my experiences. This is definitely my hotel of choice.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled solo
Copenhagen, Denmark
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2010

We only needed a night before our flight out of Miami and for that purpose this place is perfect.
Rooms are nice, clean and spacious. We had an amazing deal on the room.
Downside is location. You are far away from everything interesting.
If you are looking for a cheap and safe place to crash i Miami this is your best pick for the price.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Prices are for rooms, adults

Been to Extended Stay America - Miami - Airport - Doral? Share your experiences!