“Terrible hotel, sleep in your car or on the beach and save your money, time and health” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Miami - Airport - Blue Lagoon

You added Extended Stay America - Miami - Airport - Blue Lagoon to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Miami - Airport - Blue Lagoon
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   6605 NW 7th Street, Miami, FL 33126 (Formerly Homestead Studio Suites)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #58 of 110 Hotels in Miami
Washington DC, District of Columbia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Terrible hotel and if I could give a Zero i would have.
The only thing nice about it is the helpful personnel. The hotel itself is a disaster for your health i literally could not breath. the only reason why i got a room there is because AA did not let me check into my flight because they overbooked it and used the excuse that i was at the airport within less than 2 hours before the flight.....really??? nonsense!
i had to get a cheaper hotel near the airport so that i can fly back in the morning. however, sleeping at the airport would have been much healthier and much more comfortable. please do yourself a favor and avoid it. i went solo and i still literally hated it, please dont take your kids there!

• Stayed November 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

One of the worst experiences I've had in a hotel. Room smelled bad, bed had weird smells, multiple carpet stains, issues with bathroom towels and tub drain, pathetic free breakfast. I may never stay in an Extended Stay again because of this experience.

• Stayed February 2015
Odense, Denmark
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Stayed for one night. Located very close to the airport, og easy to find.
Parking right outside the room, which was clean and nice, although a bit outdatet.
Complementary breakfast to grab when leaving, which was perfect for us going for roadtrip!
Staff was very nice and forthcoming. Would definately stay there again.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled with family
New Jersey
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This was my fourth trip to Miami in the past 4 years, and each year I've gotten good deals on hotels in the MIA airport area using a well-known travel website. When I found out that I'd be staying at the Extended Stay Blue Lagoon for the 7 nights of my trip, I was relatively pleased, as I'd been to two different Extended Stays in Doral, and had decent experiences at both locations. Check-in was fine and at first, the room was what I expected out of an Extended Stay. I took a shower around 11pm, and reached for one of the four nicely-folded towels on top of the rack, when I saw brown stains and brown pieces on it (which should have easily come off, had it been in a washing machine). Thinking it was just an anomaly, I grabbed a second towel, and it had yellow stains on it. I looked at the third and fourth towel, and you guessed it...more disgusting stains. With no other choice, I ended up using a small section of the cleanest-looking towel to dry myself off. Awesome.

Exhausted, I decided to wait until morning to ask for new towels, and I started to get into bed. And what was waiting for me on the bed sheets? If you guessed "more stains", you win! I called the front desk to explain the situation, and asked if I could either get fresh sheets/towels or change rooms. The employee asked me when I checked in and made it sound like it was my fault that I didn't check my bath towels before taking a shower, or my bed sheets before going to bed. How preposterous of me! She then informed me that the front desk was actually closed (....but....you....just...answered...the...phone....) and that the computer was locked and would not let her do anything. She told me to check back at 7am and that was that. Sorry, but I'm not buying that the front desk at a major hotel chain would be closed after 11pm...I guess they just have to turn away anyone who tries to check-in or check-out between 11pm and 7am. After that amazing customer service, I debated sleeping in my rental car, but decided against it. I ended up sleeping in my clothes, without any sheets on top of me, and luckily survived.

The next morning, I went down to the lobby and asked for a new room due to the issues. I didn't receive an apology, but after going into the back for a few minutes, the employee got me a new room. I checked the new room immediately, and there were still some minor stains on some towels and the sheets, but it wasn't horrible. I ended up sleeping diagonally for the rest of the week to avoid some minor black spots on the bed, and that was that.

After I returned home, I wrote a complaint through the ESA website and received a phone call shortly after, from an employee who apologized for my troubles. He stated that the hotel manager would call the next day, which never happened. I decided to give this hotel 2 stars instead of 1, mostly because I didn't pay very much for it. Otherwise, the filthy linens and indifference from the staff in fixing the problem was a major disappointment. The housekeepers at this location need some better training in cleaning properly (or at all), and the staff needs to be better trained in hospitality. I'm pretty sure none of them would enjoy being forced to use dirty towels and sleeping in a dirty bed.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled solo
San Pedro Sula, Honduras
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2015

This is my third Extended Stay experience in as many locations. No frills but everything works. The room has a regular stove, large refrigerator and microwave.

Breakfast is "grab and go" and could be improved. I would add orange juice and milk in addition to the hot water and coffee. I would also add bananas for a healthier selection of food at the start of the day.

Free wi fi, parking. There is no business center but the front desk will print documents for you. They are friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: If you do not like to walk outside, try to get a room close to the front desk. I do not mind the wa...
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled on business
Lakeport, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2015

No shuttle from airport, dirty rooms, no dining available in the vicinity. First room was moldy smelling, second room better. Had to be awake at 3am to leave for Haiti for medical mission. People upstairs finally quieted down around 245am.

Room Tip: They said they had free wifi but could never connect.
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled on business
Louisville, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2015

Excellent Hotel. and very clean. Rooms are renovated. Helpful front desk staff. Spacious room. Good and quiet area. Close to "El Palacio de los Jugos" where you can enjoy excellent Cuban food. Publix Supermarket is nearby too.

Room Tip: Rooms have refrigerator, microwave and stove.
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled with family

Been to Extended Stay America - Miami - Airport - Blue Lagoon? Share your experiences!