“Price, Location and Comfort” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Miami - Airport - Blue Lagoon

Save Saved
You added Extended Stay America - Miami - Airport - Blue Lagoon to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Miami - Airport - Blue Lagoon
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   6605 NW 7th Street, Miami, FL 33126 (Formerly Homestead Studio Suites)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #69 of 129 hotels in Miami
Hamilton, Bermuda
“Price, Location and Comfort”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2014

This my second stay at an ESA in a few weeks and we were very happy with this motel. I won't upload any pictures as the property is identical to the one on 33rd Street. It was well priced with our seniors discount and MIA was very close. We had a rental car and we were at the property is less than 10 minutes.

This is a nicer motel arrangement and the rooms are laid out over two floors. The reservation made on the company's website was in order and we had our keys quickly. The property is secured for vehicle access and you need your room card key to enter the parking area.

The rooms are nicely decorated and in good repair. We had plenty of towels for our two-day stay and there was additional coffee and towels at the front desk if required. There is a flat screen TV with a good selection of channels. The no smoking policy means the rooms smell fresh. The bath is basic and the kitchen has the required appliances, dishes and a silverware. This room would be comfortable for a long stay although a bit cramped for a couple. The only work surface is the kitchen table; there is no office style work desk.

We slept well and heard no outside noise at all.

I loved the location as it was close to all major shopping areas and attractions but you must have access to a car. East to Miami in a few minutes and the business and shopping areas of the Dolphin Mall, Flagler Street and Bird Road are minutes away by car. The is also a Post Office on 7th Street, and a Super WalMart on 87th Avenue. (I heard that this is the most popular WalMart store in the USA).

I would definitely stay here again when visiting Miami and found the complimentary coffee, fruit and snacks to be great for getting a quick start in the morning.

Room Tip: The front rooms are quiet and give easy access to the front desk and parking exit.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

175 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Nassau, New Providence Island
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2014

I am home away from home. It is so convenient with nearby businesses, malls and other amenities. As vegetarians, it is difficult to find restaurants that cater to our needs; so I happily cook! The availability of washing facilities is superb!

Room Tip: All rooms are smoke free! Hurray!
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Miami - Airport - Blue Lagoon, responded to this review, May 6, 2014
I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I'm glad that we provided you with a "home away from home" experience at our hotel. As well, it's great to hear that you enjoyed our convenient location and our washing facilities. I will be sure to share your kind remarks with our team. We hope to see you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Nassau, New Providence Island
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2014

I wish we had gotten the room we requested when we made our reservations....... the staff attitude was poor because they could of seen that we wewre three Adults. Reservations was made for Double. But we were given a Single with Queen Bed. Staff could use some more customer Service Training.

Room Tip: Yes! Corner Suites are larger and over all quiet.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Miami - Airport - Blue Lagoon, responded to this review, May 5, 2014
Karen - I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I apologize that you were not given the room you requested. As well, I am sorry to hear that our staff did not attend to your needs in a professional manner. I will address your review with our staff and make sure this does not occur again. Thanks to your feedback, we can continue to work on providing an exceptional stay for all of our guests. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at Blu@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014

10 minutes away from airport which was very convenient for us, since we had to be at airport at 5am. God customers service. They gave us a free upgrade to King room, which was very nice. Quiet area, not a lot of traffic. The front desk gave us to restaurants names and menus so we can have food delivered to our room. Price was a little spending, but I seen higher prices for much less. Over all very satisfied with the service and quality of room.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Miami - Airport - Blue Lagoon, responded to this review, March 20, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am so glad that you enjoyed your time at our hotel and the service our staff provided. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We look forward to providing you with another comfortable stay in the near future.
Sao Paulo, SP
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2014

You shouldn´t expect a 5 star hotel. But the room is nice, there is no service included (at least for less than 8 nights). There is complimentary cofee and snacks until 930am. Some rooms might be very noisy, so try to ask for a better one. Staff is not very kind so try not to "bother" them... The hightlight is the price (considering Miami area, of course).

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Patricia - Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am glad to hear that you were pleased with our overall accommodations offered at a great value. Still, it upsets me to learn that our level of customer service did not meet your expectations. I will review our customer service policies and guest protocol with our entire staff to ensure your experience is not repeated. Please know, our housekeeping service is provided once a week for guests staying 8 or more nights. For those who are staying for shorter periods of time, services can be purchased for a minimal fee.

Again, your feedback is greatly appreciated and it will help us in our efforts to continually improve our hotel. We hope that you will give us another chance to provide you with a better experience in the near future.
austin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014

This is a nightmare, as I feel like I should've paid the extra $25-30 for a more upscale hotel with a free shuttle to the airport. All the other airport hotels in the same price range as Extended Stay America do provide this service. I hope this hotel resolves the issue very SOON. It's close to the airport, after all, so why not provide this amenity? E.S.A found a way to make a lot of extra $ if you hire one of their people to drive you...

Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I’m sorry to hear about your experience. Please know, we do have other Extended Stay Hotels that provide a free airport shuttle for our guests. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at BLUE@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations across the U.S. and Canada in the future.
Weston, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2014

Would NOT recommend this place, it is a dump, run down, smells. You get no maid service unless you stay for over a week. Fire alarm goes off for an hour before it is fixed. Wake up in morning, no hot water. Doing noisy renos. VERY high priced for such a lousy place.
No pool no gym

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Miami - Airport - Blue Lagoon, responded to this review, March 7, 2014
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. I am sorry to hear that the condition of our hotel did not meet your expectations. I apologize that you experienced issues with the fire alarm, hot water and noise from our renovations. Your feedback will be helpful as we continue to improve our guest experience. Please know that housekeeping services are always available upon request for a minimal fee. I am grateful for your feedback as it will enable us to continue to improve our hotel. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at BLU@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better experience the next time you’re in the area.

Been to Extended Stay America - Miami - Airport - Blue Lagoon? Share your experiences!