“Better then expected” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Miami - Airport - Blue Lagoon

You added Extended Stay America - Miami - Airport - Blue Lagoon to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Miami - Airport - Blue Lagoon
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   6605 NW 7th Street, Miami, FL 33126 (Formerly Homestead Studio Suites)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #71 of 129 Hotels in Miami
“Better then expected”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014

10 minutes away from airport which was very convenient for us, since we had to be at airport at 5am. God customers service. They gave us a free upgrade to King room, which was very nice. Quiet area, not a lot of traffic. The front desk gave us to restaurants names and menus so we can have food delivered to our room. Price was a little spending, but I seen higher prices for much less. Over all very satisfied with the service and quality of room.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Miami - Airport - Blue Lagoon, responded to this review, March 20, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am so glad that you enjoyed your time at our hotel and the service our staff provided. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We look forward to providing you with another comfortable stay in the near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Sao Paulo, SP
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2014

You shouldn´t expect a 5 star hotel. But the room is nice, there is no service included (at least for less than 8 nights). There is complimentary cofee and snacks until 930am. Some rooms might be very noisy, so try to ask for a better one. Staff is not very kind so try not to "bother" them... The hightlight is the price (considering Miami area, of course).

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Patricia - Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am glad to hear that you were pleased with our overall accommodations offered at a great value. Still, it upsets me to learn that our level of customer service did not meet your expectations. I will review our customer service policies and guest protocol with our entire staff to ensure your experience is not repeated. Please know, our housekeeping service is provided once a week for guests staying 8 or more nights. For those who are staying for shorter periods of time, services can be purchased for a minimal fee.

Again, your feedback is greatly appreciated and it will help us in our efforts to continually improve our hotel. We hope that you will give us another chance to provide you with a better experience in the near future.
Utila, Honduras
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014

This is a nightmare, as I feel like I should've paid the extra $25-30 for a more upscale hotel with a free shuttle to the airport. All the other airport hotels in the same price range as Extended Stay America do provide this service. I hope this hotel resolves the issue very SOON. It's close to the airport, after all, so why not provide this amenity? E.S.A found a way to make a lot of extra $ if you hire one of their people to drive you...

Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I’m sorry to hear about your experience. Please know, we do have other Extended Stay Hotels that provide a free airport shuttle for our guests. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at BLUE@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations across the U.S. and Canada in the future.
Weston, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2014

Would NOT recommend this place, it is a dump, run down, smells. You get no maid service unless you stay for over a week. Fire alarm goes off for an hour before it is fixed. Wake up in morning, no hot water. Doing noisy renos. VERY high priced for such a lousy place.
No pool no gym

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Miami - Airport - Blue Lagoon, responded to this review, March 7, 2014
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. I am sorry to hear that the condition of our hotel did not meet your expectations. I apologize that you experienced issues with the fire alarm, hot water and noise from our renovations. Your feedback will be helpful as we continue to improve our guest experience. Please know that housekeeping services are always available upon request for a minimal fee. I am grateful for your feedback as it will enable us to continue to improve our hotel. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at BLU@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better experience the next time you’re in the area.
Buffalo, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2014

Clean newer type place. Nothing to complain about, nothing to brag....

Very close to the MIA but no shuttle.
Stayed for one uneventful night prior to our departure to Central America.
Had a car so shuttle was not an issue.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Miami - Airport - Blue Lagoon, responded to this review, March 5, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. We appreciate the feedback you provided, as we are continually improving our hotel. We hope we have an opportunity to host you again in the future, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Lodi, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014

The accessible rooms are adequate i recommended some minor adjustments but overall satisfied with roll-shower and bathroom size and facility. kitchen is tight but maneuverable if chair bound. bed is adequate height for transfers. Counter height high They only clean the rooms once a week so self maintenance is necessary could be improved for disabled customers. close to highways and transportation gate and secure only access is with room key laundry facility on site very convenient.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and that you were satisfied with your room. Your comments are greatly appreciated and will be helpful as we continue to improve our guest experience. We would love to see you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
San Diego, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014

This hotel is not good. They don't take pride in their operation and there is no sense of hospitality. It is an Extended Stay, so it is slightly different than most hotels, but with that considered it is still a bit crap.

I was booked here on business. There is no maid service. There is no 24 hr front desk help. They provide 2 plates, 2 bowls, 2 pieces of cutlery sets and dish soap BUT no sponge or scrubbing brush.

For the price you'll have a better time at a cheap motel. Or, go to one of the MANY Marriott, Hilton, or IHG brand hotels in the area.

Even if you are in for a few nights for business, skip this place.

Also, they automatically checked me out a day early, so when I returned mid-afternoon my keycard would not work, which just irritated me even more.

Room Tip: Skip this hotel.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Miami - Airport - Blue Lagoon, responded to this review, January 23, 2014
Hi Gareth,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. The staff and I strive to provide guests with all the comforts of home, so I am disappointed to hear that you were not satisfied with our hotel. I assure you we will use your feedback as learning opportunity for the staff so we can improve our services.

I truly apologize your experience did not meet your, nor our expectations. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at BLU@extendedstay.com. Thank you for choosing our hotel; I hope that you will return so we can show you the improvements we have made.

Been to Extended Stay America - Miami - Airport - Blue Lagoon? Share your experiences!