“Do not stay here if visiting Miami” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Miami - Airport - Blue Lagoon

Save Saved
You added Extended Stay America - Miami - Airport - Blue Lagoon to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Miami - Airport - Blue Lagoon
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   6605 NW 7th Street, Miami, FL 33126 (Formerly Homestead Studio Suites)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #70 of 130 hotels in Miami
San Diego, California
“Do not stay here if visiting Miami”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014

This hotel is not good. They don't take pride in their operation and there is no sense of hospitality. It is an Extended Stay, so it is slightly different than most hotels, but with that considered it is still a bit crap.

I was booked here on business. There is no maid service. There is no 24 hr front desk help. They provide 2 plates, 2 bowls, 2 pieces of cutlery sets and dish soap BUT no sponge or scrubbing brush.

For the price you'll have a better time at a cheap motel. Or, go to one of the MANY Marriott, Hilton, or IHG brand hotels in the area.

Even if you are in for a few nights for business, skip this place.

Also, they automatically checked me out a day early, so when I returned mid-afternoon my keycard would not work, which just irritated me even more.

Room Tip: Skip this hotel.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Miami - Airport - Blue Lagoon, responded to this review, January 23, 2014
Hi Gareth,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. The staff and I strive to provide guests with all the comforts of home, so I am disappointed to hear that you were not satisfied with our hotel. I assure you we will use your feedback as learning opportunity for the staff so we can improve our services.

I truly apologize your experience did not meet your, nor our expectations. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at BLU@extendedstay.com. Thank you for choosing our hotel; I hope that you will return so we can show you the improvements we have made.

175 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Edwardsville, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

It was calm and clean. there was microwave and refrigerator and also the plates and spoons to use. That was great. but the problem is the location which was far from downtown. If you stay less than 4 nights they will not clean your room.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Miami - Airport - Blue Lagoon, responded to this review, January 7, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm glad that you were pleased with your clean room, especially the kitchen, and our hotel's location. We truly enjoyed having you stay with us and we look forward to having you visit with us again in the future.
Norfolk, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2013

First of all, I would like to say that I am aware that this place is part of Extended Stay branch that is a little bit different than a regular motel/hotel. I have stayed before in ES and I was typically satisfied. I did not need a shuttle to the airport but it is definitely a must at that location so I understand people. I was also aware that room service is once a week so I do not judge this place based on that.

Location:
I arrived to this ES from Orlando via I-95 and it is quite easy to get there from that direction. There are hotels in the area since it is located close to the airport. However, there is no shuttle to the airport.

Rooms:
Typical ES room with a microwave, AC, iron, coffeemaker, regular size fridge and freezer, LCD TV but with a limited number of channels, free internet. The entrance to a room is straight from the outside but as long as you keep the curtains closed there is no problem with people passing by. However, the room was dark since the curtains have to be used all the time.

Price:
I understand that it is Miami but still it is a little bit pricey for ES. You may try to find something a little more expensive with higher standard. Parking is free.

Restaurant:
There is no restaurant in this ES but there is more than plenty to choose from around, especially fast food (Subway, BK, MD). The motel serves small breakfast. The rooms have fully functional kitchen so you may as well grab something from a supermarket (3 mins driving) and use a microwave or stove.

Service:
Room service is free once a week and since I stayed two days I did not experience it. Soap, toothpaste and toothbrush are complimentary but I had to get shampoo from Walgreens. Checkin was fast but be aware that after 11p you have to call to get checked in.

Cleanliness: Ok, this is where it gets difficult. It was clean where it supposed to be clean but I did not feel well with the bedding. There were some darker spots. If I had a UV flashlight, I would not like to see it for my own comfort. :)

General recommendation:
Among other ES, this one was a little bit behind. Dark room and cleanliness were two main problems. I liked the location, free parking and internet but, in my opinion, it was slightly overpriced.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Miami - Airport - Blue Lagoon, responded to this review, December 13, 2013
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. The situation you described regarding the bedding is truly regrettable. We are very sorry for your experience. As this hotel’s manager, I can assure you that I have spoken to all my staff to ensure your experience is not repeated. Still, I am pleased you found our free Wi-Fi ad fully equipped kitchen to be an added value

I really appreciate you bringing this to our attention. I would be happy to speak with you further. If you would like, please contact me directly, at BLU@extendedstay.com. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.
Juneau, Alaska
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

I was unpleasantly surprised to find that this "airport" hotel doesn't have a shuttle. Taxis were $16 each way, and the nearest restaurant is a 15-20 minute walk. I was able to do it because of the time and I'm in good health, otherwise there is no food to be had without taking yet another taxi ride.

First room had a nauseating food odor, 2nd was dark and depressing, but clean. The redeeming factor was the desk help, who was cheerful and informative. He took the edge off an otherwise annoying and expensive stay.

I got this hotel through Priceline and felt cheated. For the $32 in cab fare, you can get a much nicer hotel with a shuttle. Beware.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Miami - Airport - Blue Lagoon, responded to this review, November 25, 2013
Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I am sorry to hear that our location was not convenient for your stay. Still, I am pleased that you found your suite clean and comfortable. Also, I am happy to hear that our staff provided excellent service during your stay.

Thank you very much for providing us with your feedback. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at BLU2@extendedstay.com. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope we have the opportunity to see you again in the future.
Texas City, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013

The hotel staff is very nice, they change your sheets whenever, towels, extra pillows whenever. The room is very comfortable and the housekeepers are always around if you need anything extra, this was a pluss. They are kind in receiving packages and sending it to your room like from amazon, etc.

The only con was that they used to have a shuttle to the airport, and now they don't, so you have to catch a cab... No fitness center or pool in this location.

Room Tip: book online to save more!!!!
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Miami - Airport - Blue Lagoon, responded to this review, November 21, 2013
Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I am glad to read that you were pleased with the room and our staff was there to assist you with the items you needed.

Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope to see you again soon.
Staten Island, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

The hotel is located in a very nice area, between 2 lakes and lot of scenic views. About 1 mile away there is a shopping plaza where everything is available. It is quite close to the airport which helps if you have an early morning flight to catch. It wasnt too noisy although you do hear a plane landing or taking off once in a while.

The room: It was good sized, not huge but not small either. TV was 32" flat screen, selection of channels was okay. Bed was good. Air conditioner worked very well. Lighting was reasonable. Plenty of electrical outlets were there which is important as you can charge your phones/laptop/tablet/ camera batteries etc. Carpet was clean. You will also have an iron and iron stand.

The kitchen: A brand new regular sized refrigerator was there. The microwave, toaster and coffee maker worked fine. There were 2 stoves. There was a sort of dining table with 2 chairs around it. They have 3 large spoons/ 3 small spoons/ 3 forks/ 3 large plates and 3 bowels for eating. But there is nothing to cook in.

Washroom: was decent size and was clean. Towels were okay. They only have a hand soap and a bath soap bar. No shampoo, lotion etc.

I was told that my room was recently renovated. It was actually partially renovated. e.g. the kitchen counter, cabinets and all washroom fittings were old. The bathroom sink was slow to drain off. The bath tub drained fine.
The breakfast: they have a grab n go breakfast in the lobby from 7 to 930 am that you can take and eat in your room. There is no place to eat in the lobby. You get oatmeals, oatmeal bars, oranges, apples, muffins, 2 typesof coffee (which tasted great) and tea.

Service: The hotel staff was very nice. They help you all they can, are polite and welcoming. Please note that they dont provide a room service daily. You get 1 room service if you stay 8 days.So if you stay 7 days or less, your room will not be cleaned unless you wanna pay for it. You can get towels and bedding from front desk as often as you like. The commode in the room stopped flushing. When I called them, I was told that there is a plunger in the bathroom that you can use yourself to open it up!

Overall, my experience was very good despite some minor issues that I mentioned.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Miami - Airport - Blue Lagoon, responded to this review, November 15, 2013
Thank you for your recent review of your stay. We appreciate you letting us know that the toilet in your room was not working properly. We are sorry for this issue, but are happy to read that we provided you with great service and that you enjoyed your room overall, especially the kitchen.

monticello, ga
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

Clean, good location. Rooms a bit small, housekeeping does a good job but a bit rude. Very expensive for an ESA. Stayed for almost two months in town for a construction project. 200 character minimum 200 character minimum

Room Tip: get a room at the back next to the pond
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Miami - Airport - Blue Lagoon, responded to this review, November 5, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I’m so pleased to hear that you enjoyed our hotel and the rooms where clean. Please accept our apologies in regards to the housekeepers I will speak to them and make sure that it does not repeat.

Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope to see you again soon.

Been to Extended Stay America - Miami - Airport - Blue Lagoon? Share your experiences!