“If there's no shuttle, it's not an airport hotel” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Miami - Airport - Blue Lagoon

Save Saved
You added Extended Stay America - Miami - Airport - Blue Lagoon to your Saves list
Booking.com Ext. Stay America
Extended Stay America - Miami - Airport - Blue Lagoon
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   6605 NW 7th Street, Miami, FL 33126 (Formerly Homestead Studio Suites)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #75 of 131 hotels in Miami
Juneau, Alaska
“If there's no shuttle, it's not an airport hotel”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

I was unpleasantly surprised to find that this "airport" hotel doesn't have a shuttle. Taxis were $16 each way, and the nearest restaurant is a 15-20 minute walk. I was able to do it because of the time and I'm in good health, otherwise there is no food to be had without taking yet another taxi ride.

First room had a nauseating food odor, 2nd was dark and depressing, but clean. The redeeming factor was the desk help, who was cheerful and informative. He took the edge off an otherwise annoying and expensive stay.

I got this hotel through Priceline and felt cheated. For the $32 in cab fare, you can get a much nicer hotel with a shuttle. Beware.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Miami - Airport - Blue Lagoon, responded to this review, November 25, 2013
Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I am sorry to hear that our location was not convenient for your stay. Still, I am pleased that you found your suite clean and comfortable. Also, I am happy to hear that our staff provided excellent service during your stay.

Thank you very much for providing us with your feedback. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at BLU2@extendedstay.com. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope we have the opportunity to see you again in the future.

187 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Texas City, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013

The hotel staff is very nice, they change your sheets whenever, towels, extra pillows whenever. The room is very comfortable and the housekeepers are always around if you need anything extra, this was a pluss. They are kind in receiving packages and sending it to your room like from amazon, etc.

The only con was that they used to have a shuttle to the airport, and now they don't, so you have to catch a cab... No fitness center or pool in this location.

Room Tip: book online to save more!!!!
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Miami - Airport - Blue Lagoon, responded to this review, November 21, 2013
Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I am glad to read that you were pleased with the room and our staff was there to assist you with the items you needed.

Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope to see you again soon.
Staten Island, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

The hotel is located in a very nice area, between 2 lakes and lot of scenic views. About 1 mile away there is a shopping plaza where everything is available. It is quite close to the airport which helps if you have an early morning flight to catch. It wasnt too noisy although you do hear a plane landing or taking off once in a while.

The room: It was good sized, not huge but not small either. TV was 32" flat screen, selection of channels was okay. Bed was good. Air conditioner worked very well. Lighting was reasonable. Plenty of electrical outlets were there which is important as you can charge your phones/laptop/tablet/ camera batteries etc. Carpet was clean. You will also have an iron and iron stand.

The kitchen: A brand new regular sized refrigerator was there. The microwave, toaster and coffee maker worked fine. There were 2 stoves. There was a sort of dining table with 2 chairs around it. They have 3 large spoons/ 3 small spoons/ 3 forks/ 3 large plates and 3 bowels for eating. But there is nothing to cook in.

Washroom: was decent size and was clean. Towels were okay. They only have a hand soap and a bath soap bar. No shampoo, lotion etc.

I was told that my room was recently renovated. It was actually partially renovated. e.g. the kitchen counter, cabinets and all washroom fittings were old. The bathroom sink was slow to drain off. The bath tub drained fine.
The breakfast: they have a grab n go breakfast in the lobby from 7 to 930 am that you can take and eat in your room. There is no place to eat in the lobby. You get oatmeals, oatmeal bars, oranges, apples, muffins, 2 typesof coffee (which tasted great) and tea.

Service: The hotel staff was very nice. They help you all they can, are polite and welcoming. Please note that they dont provide a room service daily. You get 1 room service if you stay 8 days.So if you stay 7 days or less, your room will not be cleaned unless you wanna pay for it. You can get towels and bedding from front desk as often as you like. The commode in the room stopped flushing. When I called them, I was told that there is a plunger in the bathroom that you can use yourself to open it up!

Overall, my experience was very good despite some minor issues that I mentioned.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Miami - Airport - Blue Lagoon, responded to this review, November 15, 2013
Thank you for your recent review of your stay. We appreciate you letting us know that the toilet in your room was not working properly. We are sorry for this issue, but are happy to read that we provided you with great service and that you enjoyed your room overall, especially the kitchen.

monticello, ga
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

Clean, good location. Rooms a bit small, housekeeping does a good job but a bit rude. Very expensive for an ESA. Stayed for almost two months in town for a construction project. 200 character minimum 200 character minimum

Room Tip: get a room at the back next to the pond
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Miami - Airport - Blue Lagoon, responded to this review, November 5, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I’m so pleased to hear that you enjoyed our hotel and the rooms where clean. Please accept our apologies in regards to the housekeepers I will speak to them and make sure that it does not repeat.

Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope to see you again soon.
Stockbridge, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

There is a small but fully function kitchen inside of my room along with a regular size refrigerator, yet the air condition in the room is really loud and woke me up several time during my sleep. Very close to freeway and airport.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Miami - Airport - Blue Lagoon, responded to this review, November 1, 2013
I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. We appreciate you letting us know that ac unit was loud. We are sorry for this issue, but are happy to read that you enjoyed the kitchen.

Tampa
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

After 4 hours of driving I arrived at 11:30pm to see that the front desk was close after 11:00pm. You need contact an employee by phone number so they can meet you to process the check in. Imagine that you are so tired of driving and then you have to wait more so the person can show up to give you the keys. Finally the lady arrived, got to my room and the first as soon I walked the door is a big spill of water from the AC, the toaster was not working properly, the phone was not working, and the WIFI is with a code provided by the same personnel that are not present at the front desk at that time, really!? Me and my family went to sleep really mad, I could smell the humidity from the water on the carpet. ON the next morning, I went the front desk to ask for a different room, the gentleman at the desk told me that they were booked and we couldn’t move. He was able to provide me with the code of the wifi and with a working toaster but that was about it. I not satisfy with the procedures in this hotel, this was my first and last time staying at this hotel. If you want to try it to see if you get better luck for the price then go ahead, GOOD LUCK!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond.
I sincerely apologize that the ac unit was leaking water and the front desk was not able to move you the following day. In response to your feedback, I had personally checked the room and made sure the ac unit is working properly.

I really appreciate you bringing this to our attention. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at BLU2@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
Jamaica
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

This hotel is in an excellent location. The staff members are very friendly but the one who is more friendly and helpful when the needs arises, her name is Maria. She is a great girl and also an asset to this company.
The management need to move the "so call' breakfast from the lobby area. A station with orange juice and bread with jam, butter and a toaster is well needed. Not everyone like the sweet muffins.
In the kitchen, please have bigger or more pots. Please also have more containers for cooking purpose.
Please also tell your housekeepers it bad manners to speak on their cellphone while cleaning and the guest is still in the room.
Nevertheless i would definitely go back and highly recommend this hotel. Although it is near the airport, if you are not outside you don't hear the plane taking off or landing. A nice area is at the back over looking the lake. Only nice to sit in the night.
This hotel is free of bugs and fly.......
The only thing i also ask this hotel is try and build a pool.
My flight was at 7:00pm and Ian told me the latest time he can give us 12:00pm, he said anything after that we will have to pay for an entire day, i was so frightened, and was staying there for 10days, He did not even said 1/2 day they will charged us but a full day just stay in the hotel for 4 more hours. Isabel was great, she charged us 1/2 day which i was happy about....

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Miami - Airport - Blue Lagoon, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. We appreciate the kind comments about our staff however, we apologize that the housekeeper was on her phone while cleaning your room. To prevent this from happening again, my team has reviewed the comment and is aware that they are not allowed to use there phone while working.

Thank you very much for providing us with your feedback I truly appreciate it and look forward in seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area. If you have any additional feedback, we would like to hear it. Please contact me, at BLU@extendedstay.com, so we can speak directly.

Been to Extended Stay America - Miami - Airport - Blue Lagoon? Share your experiences!