“First and last visit.” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Miami - Airport - Blue Lagoon

Save Saved
You added Extended Stay America - Miami - Airport - Blue Lagoon to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Miami - Airport - Blue Lagoon
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   6605 NW 7th Street, Miami, FL 33126 (Formerly Homestead Studio Suites)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #76 of 131 hotels in Miami
Tampa
“First and last visit.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

After 4 hours of driving I arrived at 11:30pm to see that the front desk was close after 11:00pm. You need contact an employee by phone number so they can meet you to process the check in. Imagine that you are so tired of driving and then you have to wait more so the person can show up to give you the keys. Finally the lady arrived, got to my room and the first as soon I walked the door is a big spill of water from the AC, the toaster was not working properly, the phone was not working, and the WIFI is with a code provided by the same personnel that are not present at the front desk at that time, really!? Me and my family went to sleep really mad, I could smell the humidity from the water on the carpet. ON the next morning, I went the front desk to ask for a different room, the gentleman at the desk told me that they were booked and we couldn’t move. He was able to provide me with the code of the wifi and with a working toaster but that was about it. I not satisfy with the procedures in this hotel, this was my first and last time staying at this hotel. If you want to try it to see if you get better luck for the price then go ahead, GOOD LUCK!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Miami - Airport - Blue Lagoon, responded to this review, November 1, 2013
I sincerely apologize that the ac unit was leaking water and the front desk was not able to move you the following day. In response to your feedback, I had personally checked the room and made sure the ac unit is working properly.

I really appreciate you bringing this to our attention. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at BLU2@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.

187 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Jamaica
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

This hotel is in an excellent location. The staff members are very friendly but the one who is more friendly and helpful when the needs arises, her name is Maria. She is a great girl and also an asset to this company.
The management need to move the "so call' breakfast from the lobby area. A station with orange juice and bread with jam, butter and a toaster is well needed. Not everyone like the sweet muffins.
In the kitchen, please have bigger or more pots. Please also have more containers for cooking purpose.
Please also tell your housekeepers it bad manners to speak on their cellphone while cleaning and the guest is still in the room.
Nevertheless i would definitely go back and highly recommend this hotel. Although it is near the airport, if you are not outside you don't hear the plane taking off or landing. A nice area is at the back over looking the lake. Only nice to sit in the night.
This hotel is free of bugs and fly.......
The only thing i also ask this hotel is try and build a pool.
My flight was at 7:00pm and Ian told me the latest time he can give us 12:00pm, he said anything after that we will have to pay for an entire day, i was so frightened, and was staying there for 10days, He did not even said 1/2 day they will charged us but a full day just stay in the hotel for 4 more hours. Isabel was great, she charged us 1/2 day which i was happy about....

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Miami - Airport - Blue Lagoon, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. We appreciate the kind comments about our staff however, we apologize that the housekeeper was on her phone while cleaning your room. To prevent this from happening again, my team has reviewed the comment and is aware that they are not allowed to use there phone while working.

Thank you very much for providing us with your feedback I truly appreciate it and look forward in seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area. If you have any additional feedback, we would like to hear it. Please contact me, at BLU@extendedstay.com, so we can speak directly.
St. Lucia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

Excellent more than expected. i booked last minute for 4 night ,i had never been to an extended stay before the rate that i got was great, so so good for that matter i did not expect the rooms to be of that standard . Room had every thing I needed.staff helped me out by printing out a bus route to to downtown Miami and south beach. taxi to south beach was like 35 dollars and doing that every day was getting a little expensive. Perfect if you're on business the air port is like 10 minute drive. catching you flight is a breeze. i would defiantly stay there again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Miami - Airport - Blue Lagoon, responded to this review, October 16, 2013
I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review. I am glad to read that you were pleased with your stay. It gives me great pleasure to know that my staff was helpful and you enjoyed your Miami vacation.

The staff and I want to thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward welcoming you back to Miami.
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

I was greated by Maria, the receptionist when I checked out from the hotel/appartment. She was welcoming and inviting. She was the kindest person I have ever met during my stay in Miami. I also met Isabel, another awesome receptionist. The place where we stay was flawless it was just like home: fridge available for milk and orange juice, opportunity to cook our meal and heat up our pizza, restaurant very close by, CVS, Walgreens, gas station for car rental, parking onsite and so much more. I will definitely recommend this place and I will come back with my friends and family.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Joseline - The staff and I read your review, and would like to thank you for writing such wonderful things about your stay. It was great to know that the kitchen was useful and you were able to store your items in the refrigerator. My staff strives to provide guests with a"home away form home" experience at our hotel, so it gives me joy to read your comments about our staff. I will be sure to share them with the entire team.

Mar del Plata, Argentina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

It was our fifth time in three years at this same hotel, and we choose it for a reason. Actually, several reasons, including friendly staff, cleanliness, and value. Its location was very important as well, if you consider that you have everything you needed in one mile away (Publix, Costco, CVS and several places to eat).
The place is very quite, which makes it perfect to rest. With a fully equipped kitchen you also have the opportunity to please yourself.
We would like to thank the front desk staff Lisette, Maria, Isabel and Ian, who made our stay much easier. We highly recommend them. See you next time!

Room Tip: Room # 206 is a little bit more expensive, but is perfect for longer stay as is big as an apartment.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Miami - Airport - Blue Lagoon, responded to this review, October 11, 2013
Patrizio - Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm thrilled to hear that you enjoy you stay every time you visit us. I am pleased to hear that our location and affordable rates are ideal for your stay. It gives me great joy to read a comment like yours and to know that we are doing exactly what we are suppose to do, make your stay a home away from home.

The staff and I would like to thank you again for posting your review. We look forward in welcoming you back in the future.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

Excellent experience! I would recommend Extended Stay America to anyone that is traveling and need a place to stay for a week or more. The staff is amazing, and the place is very clean. Very close to resturants and shops. The only issue is they do not have shuttle service but all in all it is a great place to stay.

• Stayed September 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Miami - Airport - Blue Lagoon, responded to this review, October 1, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm thrilled that your experience with us was excellent. It gives me great satisfaction to know that my staff was amazing and that our housekeepers are doing such a great job with keeping the guest rooms clean.

The staff and I would like to thank you again for posting your review. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
Fort Myers, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013 via mobile

The first room I was given had blood stains on the sheets. The second room smelled like an ash tray even though every room is non smoking. Mold was also growing in the shower. I booked this room on Priceline and paid 45 plus tax. I'm sure there are good rooms there but the two I was given were disgusting. When you see blood stains or mold in the bathroom, it's a clear sign the cleaning staff just don't care.

• Stayed September 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Miami - Airport - Blue Lagoon, responded to this review, September 24, 2013
David - I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. I am very sorry that both of the rooms you were given were dirty and that your second room had a smoke odor. In response, I am working with our housekeeping staff to improve our cleaning procedures and provide a deep clean for both rooms. As well, we are working to eliminate the smell so that future guests are not affected.

I really appreciate you bringing this to our attention. I would be happy to speak with you further. If you would like, please contact me directly, at BLU@extendedstay.com. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.

Been to Extended Stay America - Miami - Airport - Blue Lagoon? Share your experiences!