“Home away from home” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Miami - Airport - Blue Lagoon

Save Saved
You added Extended Stay America - Miami - Airport - Blue Lagoon to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Miami - Airport - Blue Lagoon
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   6605 NW 7th Street, Miami, FL 33126 (Formerly Homestead Studio Suites)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #70 of 130 Hotels in Miami
Mar del Plata, Argentina
“Home away from home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

It was our fifth time in three years at this same hotel, and we choose it for a reason. Actually, several reasons, including friendly staff, cleanliness, and value. Its location was very important as well, if you consider that you have everything you needed in one mile away (Publix, Costco, CVS and several places to eat).
The place is very quite, which makes it perfect to rest. With a fully equipped kitchen you also have the opportunity to please yourself.
We would like to thank the front desk staff Lisette, Maria, Isabel and Ian, who made our stay much easier. We highly recommend them. See you next time!

Room Tip: Room # 206 is a little bit more expensive, but is perfect for longer stay as is big as an apartment.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Miami - Airport - Blue Lagoon, responded to this review, October 11, 2013
Patrizio - Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm thrilled to hear that you enjoy you stay every time you visit us. I am pleased to hear that our location and affordable rates are ideal for your stay. It gives me great joy to read a comment like yours and to know that we are doing exactly what we are suppose to do, make your stay a home away from home.

The staff and I would like to thank you again for posting your review. We look forward in welcoming you back in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

Excellent experience! I would recommend Extended Stay America to anyone that is traveling and need a place to stay for a week or more. The staff is amazing, and the place is very clean. Very close to resturants and shops. The only issue is they do not have shuttle service but all in all it is a great place to stay.

• Stayed September 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Miami - Airport - Blue Lagoon, responded to this review, October 1, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm thrilled that your experience with us was excellent. It gives me great satisfaction to know that my staff was amazing and that our housekeepers are doing such a great job with keeping the guest rooms clean.

The staff and I would like to thank you again for posting your review. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
Fort Myers, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013 via mobile

The first room I was given had blood stains on the sheets. The second room smelled like an ash tray even though every room is non smoking. Mold was also growing in the shower. I booked this room on Priceline and paid 45 plus tax. I'm sure there are good rooms there but the two I was given were disgusting. When you see blood stains or mold in the bathroom, it's a clear sign the cleaning staff just don't care.

• Stayed September 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Miami - Airport - Blue Lagoon, responded to this review, September 24, 2013
David - I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. I am very sorry that both of the rooms you were given were dirty and that your second room had a smoke odor. In response, I am working with our housekeeping staff to improve our cleaning procedures and provide a deep clean for both rooms. As well, we are working to eliminate the smell so that future guests are not affected.

I really appreciate you bringing this to our attention. I would be happy to speak with you further. If you would like, please contact me directly, at BLU@extendedstay.com. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.
Boquete, Panama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

Booked our reservations on line. Checked in Sep 3, 2013 for a week stay. Nidia was very helpful during check-in with information pertaining to the surrounding area.
Maria at the reception, always with a smile, was very knowledgeable about area attractions. Studio Queen Suite was comfortable and clean. Bed was comfortable. Bathroom was clean. Groceries shopping if needed (Publix), a Wallgreen pharmacy, a Subway Sandwich facility and other places to eat, and gas stations are right there on 7th St, just a short mile away. Our stay was a pleasure.
No complaints during our stay.
Definitely will stay here again. It is really a nice and comfortable place away from home. Thank you for the excellent service!

Room Tip: A room in the back of the facilities will give you a view of the lake.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Miami - Airport - Blue Lagoon, responded to this review, September 17, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. It's great to hear that you where pleased with the hotel. I am pleased to hear that Nidia and Maria provided you with great customer service during your stay. Also, I am glad to hear that your found our rooms to be comfortable and our location convenient for your stay.

Littleton, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

I had to check in late at early morning 6 AM due to a personal delay. The lady at the counter was courteous and understanding. Picked up teh regular breakfast on the go and entered the room. Very pleased to find the room to be very quite and chilled. Had a lovely sleep and good rest before starting to the next destination.

Based on the shortspan I stayed, i liked the place and intend to return back when possible.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Miami - Airport - Blue Lagoon, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. I am glad to read that you were pleased with our staff's service and your room. As well, I am glad that we were able to provide you with a comfortable place to sleep before heading off to your next destination.

Miami, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

Very satisfied with my room and the staff very nice and friendly.Bed very confortable with a firm matress.The kitchen has a microwave,fridg.a range and dishes,cups,pans.Bathroom very clean with nice towels.My arrival was late afternoon and my reservation was waiting for me.The young lady at the desk was very friendly and polite.The check out was speedy and in the way out I had some very good coffe and muffins.
My only complain is the air con.fan was very loud and in need of maintenance.The hotel is located in a very quiet area and close to Miami airport and many offices.
This hotel changed ownership and now is a very gooh hotel i

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Miami - Airport - Blue Lagoon, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. We appreciate you letting us know that the ac unit was not working properly. I had my maintenance engineer do a routine ac check. We are sorry for this issue, but we where happy to read that we provided you with great service and that you enjoyed you stay with us. The staff and I would like to thank you again for posting your review. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013 via mobile

I booked my reservation through priceline for two nights. The night before our journey, we added another night. We had a problem with getting a room with two beds( because of a price discrepency). We stayed a total of three nights and had to move rooms three times. The third move was due to the pull out couch being broken and laden with blood stains. The staff was not happy to move us to the other room, which smelled of smoke and mildew, and had electrical problems. Overall, for the price, it was okay. But they should have friendlier staff and better cleanliness. I enjoyed the full kitchen, but really missed having a pool.

• Stayed June 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Miami - Airport - Blue Lagoon, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Your review for our hotel was recently brought to my attention. I am sorry to hear that your stay with us was not as pleasant.

In response to your feedback, I do apologize for the inconvenience you encountered at our hotel. I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. I do hope that you will return to our hotel or any of our other brand locations across the U.S. and Canada in the future

Been to Extended Stay America - Miami - Airport - Blue Lagoon? Share your experiences!