“Good Choice for extended stay in MIA” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Miami - Airport - Blue Lagoon

Save Saved
You added Extended Stay America - Miami - Airport - Blue Lagoon to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Miami - Airport - Blue Lagoon
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   6605 NW 7th Street, Miami, FL 33126 (Formerly Homestead Studio Suites)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #70 of 130 Hotels in Miami
Caguas, Puerto Rico
“Good Choice for extended stay in MIA”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

Recently stayed for a training in Blue Lagoon area. Exeptionally clean room. Front Desk Staff was super friendly. Private or Rental Car is highly recommended in order to transit to site of interests or downtown Miami. Collective Transportation service frecuency is terrible in the area...

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Miami - Airport - Blue Lagoon, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. I'm thrilled to read your comments. My entire staff and I strive to make every guest stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope to see you again soon.s

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Cape Coral, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

The room smelt bad like mildew, there was a half drank bottle of water refrigerator, the toilet ran all night, there were stains and hair in the sheets, the chair in the room had a big stain on the cushion... I wanted to leave 2 minutes after I got there. Definitely would never stay in this hotel again. In total I paid $101 to stay the night, I would have been more comfortable and clean sleeping in my 2 seater car.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Miami - Airport - Blue Lagoon, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
Victoria - Your review for our hotel was recently brought to my attention. We strive to provide guests with all the comforts of home, which is why the room conditions you have described are totally unacceptable and not at all representative of our quality standards. Please accept my most sincere apologies. In response to your post, I have met with our hotel staff and used your review to help coach them on room cleaning and inspection policy.

I really appreciate you bringing this to our attention. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at BLU@extendedstay.com. We do hope you will choose to stay with us again so we can have the opportunity to provide you with a better experience.
Panama City, Panama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

Cute , comfy , safe & secure. The host Julieta was very kind and helpful.Was there for 3 days,the place is well connected to areas near airport. There is a nice market place close by.
Each room has kitchen facility with stove/utensils/microwave , you can buy your stuff from the nearby publix super market and cook yourself. There is a laundry facility, and they do have a light breakfast served every morning near the main reception area..

Room Tip: Choose a room with a rear view window or else you end up seeing everyone crossing the alley, and you...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Miami - Airport - Blue Lagoon, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write such a nice review. It's great to hear that our staff is doing such a great job, especially that Julieta was so kind and helpful. As well, we really appreciate knowing you found our location to be a good one, right near the airport and a nice market place.

Once more, thank you for posting your review. We look forward to having you visit with us again in the future. We will be sure to have the in-room kitchen, on-site laundry and grab and go breakfast ready for your return!
Honolulu, Hawaii
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

This is the third different Extended Stay America I have stayed in the MIA area, and like the previous two locations, this hotel is also recommended. At $76/night, it was also a good value since the rate included both parking and Wi-Fi. The Front Desk staff member was particularly helpful when I checked in when I asked if he could print my airline boarding passes for my return flights, in addition to his otherwise very pleasant attitude and efficient performance. The hotel appears fairly new, and is located about 3½ miles from MIA. A shopping center with plenty of places to eat (with a supermarket and two drug stores) is just over a mile away on NW 7th, but walking is not recommended in this area, particularly at night as the road is extremely dark with no street lights and the airport is not in the "good" part of town in violent Miami. My room was an average sized US hotel room typical of this budget class (but smaller than the other two Extended Stay MIA hotels previously reviews) that managed to efficiently squeeze in a well-equipped kitchenette, but no dishwasher. Do not be fooled by the term, “suite” as while this room has a kitchenette with a countertop table that would seat up to 3 persons, the room itself would be a tight fit for more than 2 persons (perhaps 3 if one is a small child). The queen sized bed was comfortable and the pillows were above average. The bathroom was large and clean with hot water with average pressure. The complementary single use toothpaste and a toothbrush were pleasantly unexpected. The free Wi-Fi connection was fast enough to watch videos and the LG flat panel TV had plenty of channels. Key controlled gate access to the parking lot appeared to work well in limiting parking to registered guests. My only two minor complaints included the lack of even a basic fitness room and the very loud air conditioning unit, although it did keep my room cool and comfortable which is important in hot and humid Miami.

Room Tip: Farthest from the street would appear to be most quiet.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Miami - Airport - Blue Lagoon, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. We appreciate your kind comments about our staff and your stay with us however, we apologize that the a/c unit did not work properly. To prevent this from happening again, my team and I have inspected all in-room air conditioners and made any necessary repairs to ensure that we don't have a repeat of your particular incident in the future.

Thank you very much for providing us with your feedback. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at blu@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
Sao Paulo, Brazil
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

I stayed for 11 days at this hotel, and it was very convenient to book there, very close to the airport and from the shopping malls. I liked and recommend for all travelers that want to stay close from the best markets. The room have a queen size bed with a kitchen ( didn't use it. The room was clean and was ok

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Eileen R, Manager at Extended Stay America - Miami - Airport - Blue Lagoon, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at the ExendedStay America Miami - Airport - Blue Lagoon. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. That's why the biggest investment we make is in our customers. Our company motto is "Excellence Every Day, Every Way", and my promise to you is that we will continue to operate according to this practice; after all, that's how Extended Stay Hotels(sm) got to be the largest extended stay lodging brand in North America.

Columbia, MD
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

Stayed here for two night's recently

Pro's
Good location -fairly easy to reach - grocery store a short drive away
Nice exterior

Con's
7th Ave rooms are a nightmare as you can hear the traffic (bus's, cars, planes) and everything else all day/nite

Limited room service - was told in order to receive new towels I needed to bring old towels to check in lobby
Loud A/C unit
Dated, Rusty bathroom and kitchen fixtures and applicances
Bathroom shower leaked all over the floor
Bathroom sinked didnt drain properly
Found dog food in our room
Internet didn't work

These rooms are not worth the $104 nightly rate .. but for the short two days I stayed I made it work.
The room needs an overall updating , good cleaning and makeover.

Wasn't a horrible stay but I don't have a reason to return...

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to make us aware of your experience at Homestead Miami - Airport - Blue Lagoon. Providing for your total satisfaction, from the moment you arrive to the moment you depart, is my staff's primary duty. Hearing that we failed in your case is truly disheartening, and for that, I offer you my sincerest apology.

Lebanon, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

We ended up staying at this facility prior to our latest cruise because there was some sort of music festival in Miami and hotel rooms were nearly no existent. The lobby was modest, small and unimpressive, but the room ( a small studio apartment) was clean and pleasant. The biggest downside was the hotel offered NO shuttle service to either the airport or the Dodge Island docks.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Extended Stay America - Miami - Airport - Blue Lagoon? Share your experiences!