“Recommended *Budget* Hotel at MIA” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Miami - Airport - Blue Lagoon

Save Saved
You added Extended Stay America - Miami - Airport - Blue Lagoon to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Miami - Airport - Blue Lagoon
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   6605 NW 7th Street, Miami, FL 33126 (Formerly Homestead Studio Suites)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #69 of 129 hotels in Miami
Honolulu, Hawaii
“Recommended *Budget* Hotel at MIA”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

This is the third different Extended Stay America I have stayed in the MIA area, and like the previous two locations, this hotel is also recommended. At $76/night, it was also a good value since the rate included both parking and Wi-Fi. The Front Desk staff member was particularly helpful when I checked in when I asked if he could print my airline boarding passes for my return flights, in addition to his otherwise very pleasant attitude and efficient performance. The hotel appears fairly new, and is located about 3½ miles from MIA. A shopping center with plenty of places to eat (with a supermarket and two drug stores) is just over a mile away on NW 7th, but walking is not recommended in this area, particularly at night as the road is extremely dark with no street lights and the airport is not in the "good" part of town in violent Miami. My room was an average sized US hotel room typical of this budget class (but smaller than the other two Extended Stay MIA hotels previously reviews) that managed to efficiently squeeze in a well-equipped kitchenette, but no dishwasher. Do not be fooled by the term, “suite” as while this room has a kitchenette with a countertop table that would seat up to 3 persons, the room itself would be a tight fit for more than 2 persons (perhaps 3 if one is a small child). The queen sized bed was comfortable and the pillows were above average. The bathroom was large and clean with hot water with average pressure. The complementary single use toothpaste and a toothbrush were pleasantly unexpected. The free Wi-Fi connection was fast enough to watch videos and the LG flat panel TV had plenty of channels. Key controlled gate access to the parking lot appeared to work well in limiting parking to registered guests. My only two minor complaints included the lack of even a basic fitness room and the very loud air conditioning unit, although it did keep my room cool and comfortable which is important in hot and humid Miami.

Room Tip: Farthest from the street would appear to be most quiet.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Miami - Airport - Blue Lagoon, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. We appreciate your kind comments about our staff and your stay with us however, we apologize that the a/c unit did not work properly. To prevent this from happening again, my team and I have inspected all in-room air conditioners and made any necessary repairs to ensure that we don't have a repeat of your particular incident in the future.

Thank you very much for providing us with your feedback. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at blu@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.

176 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Sao Paulo, Brazil
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

I stayed for 11 days at this hotel, and it was very convenient to book there, very close to the airport and from the shopping malls. I liked and recommend for all travelers that want to stay close from the best markets. The room have a queen size bed with a kitchen ( didn't use it. The room was clean and was ok

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Eileen R, Manager at Extended Stay America - Miami - Airport - Blue Lagoon, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at the ExendedStay America Miami - Airport - Blue Lagoon. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. That's why the biggest investment we make is in our customers. Our company motto is "Excellence Every Day, Every Way", and my promise to you is that we will continue to operate according to this practice; after all, that's how Extended Stay Hotels(sm) got to be the largest extended stay lodging brand in North America.

Columbia, MD
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

Stayed here for two night's recently

Pro's
Good location -fairly easy to reach - grocery store a short drive away
Nice exterior

Con's
7th Ave rooms are a nightmare as you can hear the traffic (bus's, cars, planes) and everything else all day/nite

Limited room service - was told in order to receive new towels I needed to bring old towels to check in lobby
Loud A/C unit
Dated, Rusty bathroom and kitchen fixtures and applicances
Bathroom shower leaked all over the floor
Bathroom sinked didnt drain properly
Found dog food in our room
Internet didn't work

These rooms are not worth the $104 nightly rate .. but for the short two days I stayed I made it work.
The room needs an overall updating , good cleaning and makeover.

Wasn't a horrible stay but I don't have a reason to return...

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to make us aware of your experience at Homestead Miami - Airport - Blue Lagoon. Providing for your total satisfaction, from the moment you arrive to the moment you depart, is my staff's primary duty. Hearing that we failed in your case is truly disheartening, and for that, I offer you my sincerest apology.

Lebanon, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

We ended up staying at this facility prior to our latest cruise because there was some sort of music festival in Miami and hotel rooms were nearly no existent. The lobby was modest, small and unimpressive, but the room ( a small studio apartment) was clean and pleasant. The biggest downside was the hotel offered NO shuttle service to either the airport or the Dodge Island docks.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Montreal
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

The hotel in general was fine, especially for the price, but I was depending on the wifi access to communicate without paying ridiculous international cellphone fees. Unfortunately the wifi signal strength was insufficient for us to connect. Even when I walked around the hotel it was very poor or absent. I told the front desk and they said they would take care of it, but it only worked for a couple hours. I think before advertising wifi access, it is mandatory to make sure the service is reliable.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Eileen R, Manager at Extended Stay America - Miami - Airport - Blue Lagoon, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
I recently received a copy of your review of the ExtendedStay America - Airport - Blue Lagoon. We take great pride in offering a clean, comfortable room at an affordable price, so I was happy to read your comments about your accommodations. However, I was disappointed to read the rest of your remarks. Please accept my most sincere apologies.

We regard a consistent, dependable Internet experience as crucial for our guests, who are often staying with us for long periods of time while on business. That's why we have invested so much in a technology infrastructure that supports our guests' internet needs. Uploading and downloading documents across a VPN, emailing, and keeping up with friends on social networking websites are all tasks that our guests perform regularly. However, our networks are not designed to accommodate resource intensive tasks like transferring large video files. Although we can typically identify and limit users who are tying up network resources, an overall slowness can be experienced across the network before we are able to respond. I assure you that I take your comments very seriously, and that we will continue to invest in reliable wireless Internet access for our guests.

Mar del Plata, Argentina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

The people who work at this hotel make you you feel like you are at home. They are very kind and helpful. Rooms are not luxury but they are clean and comfortable, and have everything you need. Our third time here and we still coming back every time we can.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Eileen R, Manager at Extended Stay America - Miami - Airport - Blue Lagoon, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such a wonderful review about your experience at ExtendedStay America Miami - Airport - Blue Lagoon. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. Our business is one in which the staff gets to know our guests, who sometimes stay with us for weeks or months. We believe that building a professional, courteous, and accommodating relationship with our customers will continue to bring them back for future stays.

Midwest U.S.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

If there was a rating available for "Good," I would give it to this hotel. It's "above average" but not quite "very good." I stayed here for three nights in late January while I was in town for the Miami Marathon. I also stayed here in June in the offseason.

My impressions:
Value: Slightly overpriced because I had gotten a far lower price here once in the offseason. But the main reason is the demand for hotel rooms in Miami in late January. If other people are willing to pay a higher-than-normal price, then it's hard to blame the hotel for charging it.
Good features: Security gate thing that's opened with a key card. Good location about 10-12 miles from downtown and 20 minutes from Miami Beach outside of rush hour. It's very accessible to the nearby highway by the MIA airport. The neighborhood appears very safe. It's a mile away from CVS and Walgreens, Burger King and other restaurants. I recommend you rent a car if you stay here. A little farther away is a Publix. I arrived at 1:30 a.m. and had to use the phone outside the door to summon a woman who checked me in. The front desk is closed after 11 p.m. With the lagoon, you don't hear much traffic. TV worked fine. Because it's an extended stay, you get a microwave, silverware, plates, fridge and freezer, which came in very handy. The room was clean, smelled fine and they offered towels and soap. Good place to nap after running a marathon. I remember there being an iron and ironing board. Room with two beds is a very decent size with a decent-sized closet. Plentiful free parking.
Note: The woman told me I was getting a smoking room when I had requested a nonsmoking room. They do not guarantee your smoking preference. But she was mistaken. It turned out to be a nonsmoking room. There is no in-room safe. The primary language of most of the employees here is Spanish like it is for many people in Miami. But the hotel employees spoke good enough English that language was not an issue. Of course, no breakfast or daily changing of sheets/towels because it's an Extended Stay place.
Annoyances: No major complaints and nothing worth me ranting about. But of course, no stay is perfect. The card key stopped working the first morning. It took the maintenance guy half an hour to fix the card reader on the door, which delayed my schedule. Some noise from people living in the hotel talking outside in the parking lot for a short time late at night and a short time in the morning. It didn't disrupt my sleep though. There was no hot water due to a problem with the natural gas heating system, so I had to have a cold shower. As it was 70-80 degrees outside, not the biggest deal. They did call someone in to fix it immediately. And the room had no tissues. Because of the high turnover and the fact the hotel was booked, the hotel clerk said they were not granting late checkout past the 11 a.m. checkout time.
Internet connection: I never used it.
Conclusion: I would stay here again if the price was right. It's not horrible. It's a bit better than OK, it's a decent stay but not the most outstanding place I've stayed. Don't let some of the other negative reviews posted here and Hotels.com scare you. But it's not a palace.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
I recently received a copy of your review of ExtendedStay America Miami - Airport - Blue Lagoon. We take great pride in offering a clean, comfortable room at an affordable price, so I was happy to read your comments about your accommodations. However, I was disappointed to read that your stay was not 100% satisfactory. Please accept my most sincere apologies for that.

We appreciate your taking the time to offer your opinions about our facilities and we certainly will take them into consideration to make sure every guest stay is the best it can be.

Let me apologize again the part of your stay that was not completely satisfying, and assure you that we will continue to listen to our guests in forums like this one or directly. I hope that you would give us the pleasure of having you as a guest again at this hotel or any other Extended Stay Hotels(sm) brand location in the future.

Been to Extended Stay America - Miami - Airport - Blue Lagoon? Share your experiences!