“Great and friendly staff” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Miami - Airport - Blue Lagoon

Save Saved
You added Extended Stay America - Miami - Airport - Blue Lagoon to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Miami - Airport - Blue Lagoon
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   6605 NW 7th Street, Miami, FL 33126 (Formerly Homestead Studio Suites)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #70 of 130 hotels in Miami
Mar del Plata, Argentina
“Great and friendly staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

The people who work at this hotel make you you feel like you are at home. They are very kind and helpful. Rooms are not luxury but they are clean and comfortable, and have everything you need. Our third time here and we still coming back every time we can.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Eileen R, Manager at Extended Stay America - Miami - Airport - Blue Lagoon, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such a wonderful review about your experience at ExtendedStay America Miami - Airport - Blue Lagoon. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. Our business is one in which the staff gets to know our guests, who sometimes stay with us for weeks or months. We believe that building a professional, courteous, and accommodating relationship with our customers will continue to bring them back for future stays.

196 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Midwest U.S.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

If there was a rating available for "Good," I would give it to this hotel. It's "above average" but not quite "very good." I stayed here for three nights in late January while I was in town for the Miami Marathon. I also stayed here in June in the offseason.

My impressions:
Value: Slightly overpriced because I had gotten a far lower price here once in the offseason. But the main reason is the demand for hotel rooms in Miami in late January. If other people are willing to pay a higher-than-normal price, then it's hard to blame the hotel for charging it.
Good features: Security gate thing that's opened with a key card. Good location about 10-12 miles from downtown and 20 minutes from Miami Beach outside of rush hour. It's very accessible to the nearby highway by the MIA airport. The neighborhood appears very safe. It's a mile away from CVS and Walgreens, Burger King and other restaurants. I recommend you rent a car if you stay here. A little farther away is a Publix. I arrived at 1:30 a.m. and had to use the phone outside the door to summon a woman who checked me in. The front desk is closed after 11 p.m. With the lagoon, you don't hear much traffic. TV worked fine. Because it's an extended stay, you get a microwave, silverware, plates, fridge and freezer, which came in very handy. The room was clean, smelled fine and they offered towels and soap. Good place to nap after running a marathon. I remember there being an iron and ironing board. Room with two beds is a very decent size with a decent-sized closet. Plentiful free parking.
Note: The woman told me I was getting a smoking room when I had requested a nonsmoking room. They do not guarantee your smoking preference. But she was mistaken. It turned out to be a nonsmoking room. There is no in-room safe. The primary language of most of the employees here is Spanish like it is for many people in Miami. But the hotel employees spoke good enough English that language was not an issue. Of course, no breakfast or daily changing of sheets/towels because it's an Extended Stay place.
Annoyances: No major complaints and nothing worth me ranting about. But of course, no stay is perfect. The card key stopped working the first morning. It took the maintenance guy half an hour to fix the card reader on the door, which delayed my schedule. Some noise from people living in the hotel talking outside in the parking lot for a short time late at night and a short time in the morning. It didn't disrupt my sleep though. There was no hot water due to a problem with the natural gas heating system, so I had to have a cold shower. As it was 70-80 degrees outside, not the biggest deal. They did call someone in to fix it immediately. And the room had no tissues. Because of the high turnover and the fact the hotel was booked, the hotel clerk said they were not granting late checkout past the 11 a.m. checkout time.
Internet connection: I never used it.
Conclusion: I would stay here again if the price was right. It's not horrible. It's a bit better than OK, it's a decent stay but not the most outstanding place I've stayed. Don't let some of the other negative reviews posted here and Hotels.com scare you. But it's not a palace.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
I recently received a copy of your review of ExtendedStay America Miami - Airport - Blue Lagoon. We take great pride in offering a clean, comfortable room at an affordable price, so I was happy to read your comments about your accommodations. However, I was disappointed to read that your stay was not 100% satisfactory. Please accept my most sincere apologies for that.

We appreciate your taking the time to offer your opinions about our facilities and we certainly will take them into consideration to make sure every guest stay is the best it can be.

Let me apologize again the part of your stay that was not completely satisfying, and assure you that we will continue to listen to our guests in forums like this one or directly. I hope that you would give us the pleasure of having you as a guest again at this hotel or any other Extended Stay Hotels(sm) brand location in the future.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013 via mobile

Nice location, close to the airport. Friendly staff, although not a 24 hr front desk service. Has everything you need, but not very clean or comfortable, dated overall, terrible internet. Very loud and noisy, more than an average motel since I had people outside my door talking all night long, until 5 am plus you hear every door closing around and above you. Maybe it was bad luck having such a disturbing bunch around us, but comparing the price with the place, comfort and overall service it seems not worth it.

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Eileen R, Manager at Extended Stay America - Miami - Airport - Blue Lagoon, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at ExtendedStay America Miami - Airport - Blue Lagoon. Given our company's commitment to superior guest satisfaction, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory. Please understand how truly sorry I am.

I am eager to respond to your issue. Please know that we strive to provide our guests with a relaxing home away from home experience. We do have systems in place to ensure that outside noise doesn't interfere with a guest's stay. Additionally, our hotels are constructed in such a way as to mitigate the noise from outside disturbances. In the event that you are disturbed by an outside event while in your room, a call to the front desk usually ensures a rapid resolution. In your case, we recognize that we failed to operate according to our standard practices, which caused the disturbance to last longer that it should have.

Although it is unusual for a guest to have the experience you did while staying with us, we would like to use your account and all your inconveniences to help us make our hotel even better. Again, I am deeply sorry that you did not have a completely enjoyable stay at our hotel, and I promise that we are focused on total guest satisfaction every day. Please don't hesitate to reach out to me at this hotel or to our guest relations team directly by visiting our website and clicking the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page. I do hope that you will let me demonstrate our redoubled efforts in the future here or at any of Extended Stay Hotels(sm)' other locations throughout the U.S. and in Canada.
San Antonio, Texas, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013 via mobile

Rooms were nice and I understand it is an extended stay motel but if you pay to have them clean the room twice a week, I expect it to be done. The price of the motel was way more than what it is worth. Have no reason to return to this place

• Stayed February 2013
Thank you for taking the time to make us aware of your experience at Homestead Miami - Airport - Blue Lagoon. Providing for your total satisfaction, from the moment you arrive to the moment you depart, is my staff's primary duty. Hearing that we failed in your case is truly disheartening, and for that, I offer you my sincerest apology.

We know that our guests have many lodging options, which is why we work hard to provide them with the exact service they expect. As is true of most extended stay hotels, we offer scaled back housekeeping service. We also offer additional daily housekeeping service for a nominal charge. Functioning in this way allows us to provide all guests with the number of housekeeping services that best suits them. It is my understanding from your review that you paid for an additional service that was not provided. I am truly sorry for this mistake and would like to assure you that this is not the way we normally operate.

We have put in place measures to ensure that the type of experience you had won't be repeated. Again, I apologize and promise you that we are committed to your total satisfaction. Please contact us directly at the hotel to be able to refund any service that you paid and you were not given. I do hope you will give us the honor of having you as a guest again if future travels will bring you into our area.
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

I had an excellent stay at this place. I read reviews complaining about things like no soap in rooms etc, and obviously they take these into account. THEY HAVE SOAP AND TOWELS IN THE ROOMS. Also, they had a TOOTHBRUSH and TOOTHPASTE! No other hotel I've been to had this for free. Pots, pans, spoons, forks, knives, skillet, microwave, fridge. Just know you'll need a car. Do not try to take a cab and then walk. This is what _extended_ stay is about. You drive to the grocery/wal-mart whatever (all within 1.5 mile radius) and buy your stuff and keep it in your room. You can re-heat or cook from scratch. Saves TONS of money. Also, the staff were very, very courteous. If it's one thing I would say to management - because I know from reading these reviews that they do read them also and act on them - please check the emails and reply to them. I had asked for a couple things ahead of time via email but got no response and the front desk gentleman didn't receive the request either. However, they quickly were able to fulfill the request. The main reason checking and replying to emails is important is because I (and others) may be out of the country. Calling internationally and holding is not always easy, and since some of the rooms are smoking rooms and I wanted a non-smoking room, I really needed to ensure there was one available. Regardless, I still give them 5 stars because everything was as good or better than advertised.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at ExtendedStay America Miami - Airport - Blue Lagoon. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. We strive to provide a "home away from home" experience for all of our guests, no matter if they are staying for a night, a week, or a month. It sounds like we were able to do just that for you, and we are truly honored for your recognition.

I do apologize for the fact that you did not get a response to your emails. We attempt to personally respond to every inquiry or request we receive via email and am truly sorry we missed yours. We will redouble our efforts so that this does not happen again with you or any other of our valued guests.

Naguanagua, Venezuela
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

When I go to Miami I always book in this hotel. People there are friendly and it is very well located, near to the Miami airport and shopping centres. I have been there at least five times and I have been satisfied every time.

• Stayed February 2013
Eileen R, Manager at Extended Stay America - Miami - Airport - Blue Lagoon, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
Thank you so very much for your glowing review of ExtendedStay Miami Airport - Blue Lagoon. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. As a member of the Extended Stay Hotels(sm) family, we are proud to be a part of the premier lodging source for business and leisure travelers looking for a great room at a great rate. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. We know you have many lodging options in the area, which is why providing you and every guest with professional, friendly service is our priority.

I am pleased to hear that you have stayed with us many times and you have been satisfied with your stay every time. Please know that we would be thrilled to have you again as our guest when your travel needs bring you back to our area. Once again, thanks for all of your very kind words.
Rochester, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013 via mobile

We paid $119 including tax for this room the night before our cruise. Other hotels wanted much more. It's tired but it is safe and clean. It is located down the street from a lot of stores like Walgreens and Marshall's. we stopped at the liquor store and Publix to buy a few "necessities" to bring onboard the cruise.

• Stayed February 2013
Eileen R, Manager at Extended Stay America - Miami - Airport - Blue Lagoon, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
It was very kind of you to take the time to publish your review of your stay at the ExtendedStay America Miami - Airport - Blue Lagoon. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. I am pleased to know that even with our limitations, we were able to offer you the comfort you needed during your stay. At ExtendedStay Hotels we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our happy customers. That's why the biggest investment we make is in our customers. Our company motto is "Excellence Every Day, Every Way", and my promise to you is that we will continue to operate according to this practice; after all, that's how Extended Stay Hotels(sm) got to be the largest extended stay lodging brand in North America.

Been to Extended Stay America - Miami - Airport - Blue Lagoon? Share your experiences!