“Have no reason to want to go back” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Miami - Airport - Blue Lagoon

Save Saved
You added Extended Stay America - Miami - Airport - Blue Lagoon to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Miami - Airport - Blue Lagoon
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   6605 NW 7th Street, Miami, FL 33126 (Formerly Homestead Studio Suites)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #69 of 130 hotels in Miami
San Antonio, Texas, United States
“Have no reason to want to go back”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013 via mobile

Rooms were nice and I understand it is an extended stay motel but if you pay to have them clean the room twice a week, I expect it to be done. The price of the motel was way more than what it is worth. Have no reason to return to this place

• Stayed February 2013
Eileen R, Manager at Extended Stay America - Miami - Airport - Blue Lagoon, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to make us aware of your experience at Homestead Miami - Airport - Blue Lagoon. Providing for your total satisfaction, from the moment you arrive to the moment you depart, is my staff's primary duty. Hearing that we failed in your case is truly disheartening, and for that, I offer you my sincerest apology.

We know that our guests have many lodging options, which is why we work hard to provide them with the exact service they expect. As is true of most extended stay hotels, we offer scaled back housekeeping service. We also offer additional daily housekeeping service for a nominal charge. Functioning in this way allows us to provide all guests with the number of housekeeping services that best suits them. It is my understanding from your review that you paid for an additional service that was not provided. I am truly sorry for this mistake and would like to assure you that this is not the way we normally operate.

We have put in place measures to ensure that the type of experience you had won't be repeated. Again, I apologize and promise you that we are committed to your total satisfaction. Please contact us directly at the hotel to be able to refund any service that you paid and you were not given. I do hope you will give us the honor of having you as a guest again if future travels will bring you into our area.

197 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

I had an excellent stay at this place. I read reviews complaining about things like no soap in rooms etc, and obviously they take these into account. THEY HAVE SOAP AND TOWELS IN THE ROOMS. Also, they had a TOOTHBRUSH and TOOTHPASTE! No other hotel I've been to had this for free. Pots, pans, spoons, forks, knives, skillet, microwave, fridge. Just know you'll need a car. Do not try to take a cab and then walk. This is what _extended_ stay is about. You drive to the grocery/wal-mart whatever (all within 1.5 mile radius) and buy your stuff and keep it in your room. You can re-heat or cook from scratch. Saves TONS of money. Also, the staff were very, very courteous. If it's one thing I would say to management - because I know from reading these reviews that they do read them also and act on them - please check the emails and reply to them. I had asked for a couple things ahead of time via email but got no response and the front desk gentleman didn't receive the request either. However, they quickly were able to fulfill the request. The main reason checking and replying to emails is important is because I (and others) may be out of the country. Calling internationally and holding is not always easy, and since some of the rooms are smoking rooms and I wanted a non-smoking room, I really needed to ensure there was one available. Regardless, I still give them 5 stars because everything was as good or better than advertised.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at ExtendedStay America Miami - Airport - Blue Lagoon. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. We strive to provide a "home away from home" experience for all of our guests, no matter if they are staying for a night, a week, or a month. It sounds like we were able to do just that for you, and we are truly honored for your recognition.

I do apologize for the fact that you did not get a response to your emails. We attempt to personally respond to every inquiry or request we receive via email and am truly sorry we missed yours. We will redouble our efforts so that this does not happen again with you or any other of our valued guests.

Naguanagua, Venezuela
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

When I go to Miami I always book in this hotel. People there are friendly and it is very well located, near to the Miami airport and shopping centres. I have been there at least five times and I have been satisfied every time.

• Stayed February 2013
Eileen R, Manager at Extended Stay America - Miami - Airport - Blue Lagoon, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
Thank you so very much for your glowing review of ExtendedStay Miami Airport - Blue Lagoon. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. As a member of the Extended Stay Hotels(sm) family, we are proud to be a part of the premier lodging source for business and leisure travelers looking for a great room at a great rate. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. We know you have many lodging options in the area, which is why providing you and every guest with professional, friendly service is our priority.

I am pleased to hear that you have stayed with us many times and you have been satisfied with your stay every time. Please know that we would be thrilled to have you again as our guest when your travel needs bring you back to our area. Once again, thanks for all of your very kind words.
Rochester, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013 via mobile

We paid $119 including tax for this room the night before our cruise. Other hotels wanted much more. It's tired but it is safe and clean. It is located down the street from a lot of stores like Walgreens and Marshall's. we stopped at the liquor store and Publix to buy a few "necessities" to bring onboard the cruise.

• Stayed February 2013
Eileen R, Manager at Extended Stay America - Miami - Airport - Blue Lagoon, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
It was very kind of you to take the time to publish your review of your stay at the ExtendedStay America Miami - Airport - Blue Lagoon. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. I am pleased to know that even with our limitations, we were able to offer you the comfort you needed during your stay. At ExtendedStay Hotels we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our happy customers. That's why the biggest investment we make is in our customers. Our company motto is "Excellence Every Day, Every Way", and my promise to you is that we will continue to operate according to this practice; after all, that's how Extended Stay Hotels(sm) got to be the largest extended stay lodging brand in North America.

Belfast Maine
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

This place is a very basic extended stay kind of place. It comes with a kitchen, gigantic closet, lots of cabinet space, and a good size bathroom. You could live here and that's what it is there for. It's away from everything in an office and industrial park area just across the "blue lagoon" from the airport so you do get to hear planes landing and throwing their engines into reverse but not super badly in the rooms. The room I had was a bit tired but everything worked well and it was clean. My one complaint was the TV: just not enough channels. I hate Fox News. If you are going to have that crud how about MSNBC or Comedy Central? The best point about the whole place is that it is fully fenced and very secure. No bad neighbors to seep into your life. Lots of work vehicles here and I would bet without worry that you will not be broken into or run into trouble in the parking lot. I chose this over a South Beach hotel to save money and in particular on gouging "resort fees" and parking costs. Driving from South Beach to the hotel was fast and easy. 10-12 mins and you pass every kind of store and service known to man or woman. I give it a 4 star rating because it is what it says it is: inexpensive big room. Free coffee and fruit and Granola bars in the AM, free wifi, and very accessible and safe and secure. And at the back: a nice view of a big blue lagoon. :)

Room Tip: I always pull the bed spread and put it top side down over the couch. Before sitting down. Think abo...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Eileen R, Manager at Extended Stay America - Miami - Airport - Blue Lagoon, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at Homestead Miami - Airport - Blue Lagoon. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. We strive to provide a "home away from home" for all of our guests, no matter if they are staying for a night, a week, or a month. It sounds like we were able to do just that for you, and we are truly honored for the recognition.

Dayton, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

I stayed for one night before going on a cruise in November. The cab driver from the airport had a hard time finding the blue lagoon location; we had to call for landmarks he thought it was the other homestead. My family and two other couples booked rooms and all of us paid a different rate. I thought with the amount that I paid to stay the night it would be better. I was wrong. I stayed in a 2 double bed room and the kitchen only had utensils for 3; that was odd. The air conditioner didn't work well. It didn't cool the room like it should had; even at night. My husband noticed stains on the sides of both beds around the same area. I was told that they were booked solid but I saw numerous vacant rooms. There was no shuttle provided when on certain websites it was stated that there was one. I was not happy about that. To go to any store it was approximately 15-20 minute walk. Personally, I have no plans to staying here again. My next visit I will just stay at another hotel that has a shuttle from the airport or to the port to save money in the long run and breakfast.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Eileen R, Manager at Extended Stay America - Miami - Airport - Blue Lagoon, responded to this review, December 7, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Homestead Miami - Airport - Blue Lagoon. Given our company's commitment to superior guest satisfaction, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory. Please understand how truly sorry I am.

We know that we didn’t get to be a member of America’s number one family of extended stay hotels over night; we did it by focusing on one customer at a time. We know that a totally satisfied customer is one who will come back and stay with us again. That is why we take your review so seriously. It reminds us that despite all of the regular praise our company receives, we still have room to improve.

Lisbon, Portugal
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

I booked online a two-night stay at the Homestead Suites Blue Lagoon close to Miami International Airport before driving further north after a long haul flight from Europe. The place is very close to the airport and although it has no shuttle service, a blue cab (not a yellow!) will take you there for a flat rate of US$15.
Checking-in was straightforward and efficient and the staff extremely nice and forthcoming. My suite was a ground floor level apartment with two beds, a kitchenette with a big table and a bathroom. I do not subscribe to the negative reviews I read, as I find these suites conveniently located in a peaceful setting for short stopovers with the basic amenities one might need for a brief stay. Although close to the airport, there was no noise from the airplanes taking off or landing.
WiFi internet and parking are complimentary. A two minutes’ drive from the hotel on NW 7th Street there is a Publix store.
After completing online a guest survey with positive evaluations, I received an email from the general manager thanking me for taking time to do so.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at the Homestead Miami - Airport - Blue Lagoon. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. At Extended Stay Hotels we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. That's why the biggest investment we make is in improving our services to you, our customers. Our company motto is "Excellence Every Day, Every Way", and my promise to you is that we will continue to operate according to this practice; after all, that's how Extended Stay Hotels(sm) got to be the largest extended stay lodging brand in North America.

It would, of course, be our pleasure for you to stay with us again in the future. Thank you once again, and feel free to reach out to us directly if we can assist you in any of your future travels.

Been to Extended Stay America - Miami - Airport - Blue Lagoon? Share your experiences!