“Peaceful place at a fair price” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Miami - Airport - Blue Lagoon

Save Saved
You added Extended Stay America - Miami - Airport - Blue Lagoon to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Miami - Airport - Blue Lagoon
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   6605 NW 7th Street, Miami, FL 33126 (Formerly Homestead Studio Suites)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #69 of 129 hotels in Miami
Lisbon, Portugal
“Peaceful place at a fair price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

I booked online a two-night stay at the Homestead Suites Blue Lagoon close to Miami International Airport before driving further north after a long haul flight from Europe. The place is very close to the airport and although it has no shuttle service, a blue cab (not a yellow!) will take you there for a flat rate of US$15.
Checking-in was straightforward and efficient and the staff extremely nice and forthcoming. My suite was a ground floor level apartment with two beds, a kitchenette with a big table and a bathroom. I do not subscribe to the negative reviews I read, as I find these suites conveniently located in a peaceful setting for short stopovers with the basic amenities one might need for a brief stay. Although close to the airport, there was no noise from the airplanes taking off or landing.
WiFi internet and parking are complimentary. A two minutes’ drive from the hotel on NW 7th Street there is a Publix store.
After completing online a guest survey with positive evaluations, I received an email from the general manager thanking me for taking time to do so.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Eileen R, Manager at Extended Stay America - Miami - Airport - Blue Lagoon, responded to this review, December 7, 2012
It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at the Homestead Miami - Airport - Blue Lagoon. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. At Extended Stay Hotels we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. That's why the biggest investment we make is in improving our services to you, our customers. Our company motto is "Excellence Every Day, Every Way", and my promise to you is that we will continue to operate according to this practice; after all, that's how Extended Stay Hotels(sm) got to be the largest extended stay lodging brand in North America.

It would, of course, be our pleasure for you to stay with us again in the future. Thank you once again, and feel free to reach out to us directly if we can assist you in any of your future travels.

176 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

This hotel seems to cater more to longer term stays; rooms have very small kitchenettes but with limited supplies (dishes, utensils, etc.), but I'm glad I only needed an overnight accommodation. My room could have stood a good cleaning, especially vacuuming of the carpet, and bathroom needed work. The location, while near the airport, is far from any restaurants, so since the hotel doesn't offer a breakfast, it's terribly inconvenient unless you have a car. Rooms on the 7th street side suffer from lots of traffic noise. I've already booked a different hotel for my return trip.

Room Tip: Don't let them put you in a room on the 7th St. side if you want a quiet night's sleep.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Eileen R, Manager at Extended Stay America - Miami - Airport - Blue Lagoon, responded to this review, December 1, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to make us aware of your experience at Homestead Miami - Airport - Blue Lagoon. Providing for your total satisfaction, from the moment you arrive to the moment you depart, is my staff's primary duty. Hearing that we failed in your case is truly disheartening, and for that, I offer you my sincerest apology.

Please understand that we maintain strict quality control standards, which demand that every room is inspected prior to making it available to our guests. Clearly there was a failure in our system during your stay. In response to your comments, I’ve personally met with all of our staff and used your review to demonstrate in which specific areas we can improve.

Orlando
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

The room was great, efficiency kitchen, clean, clean bedding and towels, good size bathroom and lots of electrical sockets. I was disappointed though that you had to pay extra to get more than 1 packet of coffee, fresh towels and a general cleaning of the room. No amenities (shampoo, etc)--just a couple small bars of soap and no tissues. It was a good stay (4 nights)--but I think the could do more for their guests.

Room Tip: We had a room with a queen bed--although it looked more like a double bed. It was comfortable for t...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Eileen R, Manager at Extended Stay America - Miami - Airport - Blue Lagoon, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to make us aware of your experience at Homestead Miami - Airport - Blue Lagoon. It is with great pride that we provide clean, comfortable rooms at affordable rates, which is why it was great to read your kind words about the room. However, given the issues you had during your stay, it was with equally great concern that I read the rest of your account. You have the apologies of my entire staff that we were not able to totally satisfy you.

It is my pleasure to provide you with an explanation regarding your concern about our amenities. Our company is known for providing great rooms at great rates, without some of the fluff that you find at other hotels. Items like "complimentary" shampoos and conditioners are not really complimentary; you do wind up paying for it in the nightly rate. Although we don't place extra amenities into a guest room prior to check-in, we do have a limited supply of sundries available upon request at the front desk at no additional cost to you. We operate this way because it lets us continue to provide our guests with quality accommodations at an exceptional price. I do regret that we were not able to communicate to you exactly what you could expect before you arrived.

Again, I apologize and promise you that we are committed to your total satisfaction. If there is anything you would like to discuss further with me or our guest relations team, please don't hesitate to contact us by visiting our website and clicking on the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page. I do hope you will give us the honor of having you as a guest again if future travels will bring you into our area.
Reston, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

Flights cancelled due to hurricane, completed reservation by phone from airport, took a 10 Minutes cab ride, and voila... It's was an excellent stay, it's near to airport , fair price, clean, quiet, nice installations and welcoming. I recommend this hotel without a doubt. Staff was wonderful , bilingual , awesome... Perfect stop to recharge batteries and then take a flight to resume your trip.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Eileen R, Manager at Extended Stay America - Miami - Airport - Blue Lagoon, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
Thank you so very much for your glowing review of Homestead Miami - Airport - Blue Lagoon. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. As a member of the Extended Stay Hotels(sm) family, we are proud to be a part of the premier lodging source for business and leisure travelers looking for a great room at a great rate. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. We know you have many lodging options in the area, which is why providing you and every guest with professional, friendly service is our priority.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012 via mobile

It's was a good stay in this hotel, it's near to airport and that was excellent. Im recommended this hotel. Persons of this hotel all the time giving help and this is good when is your firts time in Miami. I was feel comfortable in the room.

Eileen R, Manager at Extended Stay America - Miami - Airport - Blue Lagoon, responded to this review, November 11, 2012
I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at Homestead Miami - Airport - Blue Lagoon. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. Our business is one in which the staff gets to know our guests, who sometimes stay with us for weeks or months. We believe that building a professional, courteous, and accommodating relationship with our customers will continue to bring them back for future stays.

Washington, DC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

The hotel is suitable for long stays...
Goods:
* The room was very clean,
* has fast internet
* The staff at the front desk is very friendly and fluent in Spanish and English.
* It's close to the airport.
* The rate isn't bad
* has a room with washing machines

Bads:
* It has room cleaning once a week!
* must pick clean towels, soap, etc at the front desk
* no shuttle from to the airport (because it's a long stay)
* no breakfast

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Eileen R, Manager at Extended Stay America - Miami - Airport - Blue Lagoon, responded to this review, October 31, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Homestead Miami - Airport - Blue Lagoon. We are committed to providing every guest with outstanding accommodations, so I was pleased to read your remarks under the "Goods" section. Of course, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory. For that I am truly sorry.

I am eager to respond to your concerns regarding our hotel amenities. It is our mission to provide a clean, comfortable room at a great rate for business and leisure travelers. To that end, we don't provide daily housekeeping services or put items like shampoo bottles, shower caps, or face lotions within a room prior to a guest's arrival. That's because although these things are perceived as being "free" at other hotels, you still end up paying for them in your nightly rate. However, given our commitment to your satisfaction, we do offer housekeeping services for an additional fee and have a limited supply of complimentary sundries available upon request at the front desk as you mentioned. Doing business this way allows us to continue to offer great rooms at exceptional rates. I am truly sorry if we were unable to communicate our offering effectively to you before you arrived.

We would like to assure you that we will use your account to help us make our hotel even better and we are constantly working on improving our services. Please don't hesitate to reach out to me at this hotel or to our guest relations team directly by visiting our website and clicking the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page. Again, thank you for your review and we hope to see you again soon!
Miami
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

For $65 a night I couldn't ask for much more...some people would complain about the little things...the bed was a bit noisy, you heard airplanes (obviously), there were some spider webs in the corners (no spiders), no hairdryer, and a fingernail or two stuck in the carpet...but once again for $65 a night I still give it an easy 4/5 if not 5/5

Newer TV with showtime, overall seemed very clean, bed was comfy enough, and the check in took maybe 5 minutes and the check out about 30 seconds

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Eileen R, Manager at Extended Stay America - Miami - Airport - Blue Lagoon, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
Thank you so very much for your review of Homestead Miami - Airport - Blue Lagoon. We strive to provide our guests with a clean and inviting room at a very competitive price. We would like to apologize regarding the cleanliness issues that mentioned in your review. I can assure you that we will work with our housekeeping department to make sure that these items are corrected. We are ecstatic that you enjoyed your stay with us and know that the items you mentioned are not normal.

Please know that we would be thrilled to have you again as our guest should your travel needs bring you back to our area and hope to offer you an even better experience. Once again, thanks for your time.

Been to Extended Stay America - Miami - Airport - Blue Lagoon? Share your experiences!