“Probably one of the Best Value for Money Possibilities for MIA” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Miami - Airport - Blue Lagoon

Save Saved
You added Extended Stay America - Miami - Airport - Blue Lagoon to your Saves list
Ext. Stay America Booking.com
Extended Stay America - Miami - Airport - Blue Lagoon
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   6605 NW 7th Street, Miami, FL 33126 (Formerly Homestead Studio Suites)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #75 of 131 hotels in Miami
Miami, Florida
“Probably one of the Best Value for Money Possibilities for MIA”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

I stayed here for about two weeks in August. Physically, it looks more like a low-rise motel than a hotel, but I had no real quarrel with the comfort of the rooms, though I felt they were a little dark since the only windows open out to the covered walkways. Agree with others that the bathrooms and kitchenette were fine. I was there on business, so the free wi-fi (that worked) was critical. Though there is no business center, the front desk was kind enough to print things that I sent to them via e-mail. The young women who worked there were friendly and professional, though sometimes it seemed they should have more than one person staffing the desk due to how busy they were. Free parking was definitely an advantage too. Easy access to the expressways and to the nearby shopping center that has just about everything you need. In fact, I may be going back there in a few weeks.

Apart from the darkness of the rooms, the only other complaint I had was that, during the second week, it seemed more planes were flying overhead enroute to MIA during the night than during the first week, so that is something to keep in mind. Also, please keep in mind the limited housekeeping and lack of pool, fitness center, etc.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Eileen R, Manager at Extended Stay America - Miami - Airport - Blue Lagoon, responded to this review, October 16, 2012
It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish a review of your stay at the Homestead Miami - Airport - Blue Lagoon. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. We also value your suggestions for improvement. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. That's why the biggest investment we make is in our customers. Our company motto is "Excellence Every Day, Every Way", and my promise to you is that we will continue to operate according to this practice; after all, that's how Extended Stay Hotels(sm) got to be the largest extended stay lodging brand in North America.

It will, of course, be our pleasure for you to repeat your experience with us in the future trip you mention. Thank you once again, and feel free to reach out to us directly if we can assist you with your arrangements.

187 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Sao Paulo, Brazil
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

It's a very convinient place to stay when you want to go shop, rest and enjoy your time at Miami city. It's very close to the airport and there's many facilities at the neigboor as gas station, post office, restaurants, supermarket and so on. A good place to stay.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with cheaprooms.com

Eileen R, Manager at Extended Stay America - Miami - Airport - Blue Lagoon, responded to this review, October 3, 2012
I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such a great review about your experience at Homestead Miami - Airport - Blue Lagoon. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. We strive to provide a "home away from home" experience for all of our guests, no matter if they are staying for a night, a week, or a month. It sounds like we were able to do just that for you, and we are truly honored for your recognition.

Argentina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

We spent there 1 night, althought we paid 2 as per a cancelled flight.
The hotel itself is fine. A room with a small kithchen, refrigerator, good bathroom.
My rate is based on service. I had to pay extra USD 25 as per mailing sent to the hotel, which is no problem to me. The problem was the way I was told that, as if the boxes bothered the employee that works in the morning. We could not neither leave our luggage (during checkin and checkout) to wait for the room to be ready, and I personally saw a big empty room behind the frontdesk.
I want to say also that the employee in the afternoon was very kind.
Anyway, I would not return to the hotel, neither reccomend it as per its service.

On the good side, it included parking and wi-fi with the rate.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Miami - Airport - Blue Lagoon, responded to this review, September 27, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us. We apologize for the inconveniences that you encountered during your stay. We will research ways to make storing luggage possible here at hotel for future stays, and will speak to the staff about professionalism and courtesy standards when it comes to guests.

I am very sorry again. It would be our pleasure to have you stay with us again to show you our redoubled efforts. Please contact the hotel directly to make a reservation.
San Jose
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

I just made a quick trip to Miami for some shopping and work and booked this hotel through a combined reservation with car rental through Hotwire (note: you'll really need a ride if you intend to stay here - or pretty much anywhere near the airport). To be close to MIA (about 10 minutes) the location is surprisingly quiet - I've heard lots more of plane noises where I live (also near an airport). You get a reasonably clean room with full kitchenette and a functional bathroom and shower with good water pressure and temperature. I only wished they used the yellow light compact fluorescents rather than the ordinary white ones for room lightning - which can make the room less inviting - but that's my personal preference. There was also a sizable breakfast table that doubles also as working desk. Bed and pillows are on the firm side, but no problem with these either as that's how I prefer them as well.

The real deal though -for me anyways- was having free, reliable wi-fi. As someone who works a lot on the road, I'd rather have wi-fi over many other amenities. However, depending on time of day connection may be wonky or slow and you're offered for-pay "boost" options, otherwise you're stuck with "lite" wi-fi. This "lite" connection however worked for me to Facetime with family back home and for the basics like sending emails and files.

The kitchenette can be a real saver for breakfasts if you are into cooking your own. There's a nearby supermarket nine blocks away (Publix) where you can get everything you may need.

Conclusion: Enjoyed my brief stay there. I could stay there again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Miami - Airport - Blue Lagoon, responded to this review, August 27, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write such a great review about your recent stay with us. We are glad that we provided you with a "home away from home" even on your short trip to the area. I will be sure to share your comments with our entire team.

We look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in town!
Melbourne, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012 via mobile

This hotel had the best value in the area. We went down to watch a Miami Marlins game and chose this hotel. Bring your own pillows because the bed and the pillows are very hard. Also, if you use a blow dryer bring your own. The front desk doesn't even have one to use. Next time I think I'll spend a little more money to get a more comfortable nights rest.

• Stayed July 2012
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Miami - Airport - Blue Lagoon, responded to this review, August 16, 2012
Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to write a review of your recent stay with us at Homestead Studio Suites Blue Lagoon. We pride ourselves on providing a clean and comfortable room at a reasonable price. I am sorry we have failed in that mission. We have taken your comments into consideration and will make changes where necessary. We hope that you will give our hotel another chance the next time you are in the Miami area! Thank you.
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2012

Great Team & Service won me over - Best Place to Stay!

Room Tip: None - Perfect Rooms!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
, Manager at Extended Stay America - Miami - Airport - Blue Lagoon, responded to this review, July 9, 2012
It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at the Homestead Miami - Airport - Blue Lagoon. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. That's why the biggest investment we make is in our customers. Our staff is continually coached on how to best provide professional, accommodating, and friendly service to every guest. It sounds like we hit a home run in your case!

Finland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2012

Stayed here for one night, and it was a pleasant one. The room was well equipped with a kitchenette and there was plenty of hot water in shower. The environment is nice and pleasing except for the noise from the nearby runway. The planes taking off made a distinctive roar which the hum from AC did not hide. As my wife and I were passing through Miami by car, the closeness of airport was not a plus.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Miami - Airport - Blue Lagoon, responded to this review, June 27, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write such positive comments about our hotel.
It is very rewarding to read positive feedback from our guests.
It would be a pleasure to have you as a guest again in the future and try to make your stay even better.
Please feel free to contact us directly if we can assist you in your future travels.

Been to Extended Stay America - Miami - Airport - Blue Lagoon? Share your experiences!