“Perfect "road warrior" hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Miami - Airport - Blue Lagoon

Save Saved
You added Extended Stay America - Miami - Airport - Blue Lagoon to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Miami - Airport - Blue Lagoon
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   6605 NW 7th Street, Miami, FL 33126 (Formerly Homestead Studio Suites)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #71 of 129 Hotels in Miami
San Jose
“Perfect "road warrior" hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

I just made a quick trip to Miami for some shopping and work and booked this hotel through a combined reservation with car rental through Hotwire (note: you'll really need a ride if you intend to stay here - or pretty much anywhere near the airport). To be close to MIA (about 10 minutes) the location is surprisingly quiet - I've heard lots more of plane noises where I live (also near an airport). You get a reasonably clean room with full kitchenette and a functional bathroom and shower with good water pressure and temperature. I only wished they used the yellow light compact fluorescents rather than the ordinary white ones for room lightning - which can make the room less inviting - but that's my personal preference. There was also a sizable breakfast table that doubles also as working desk. Bed and pillows are on the firm side, but no problem with these either as that's how I prefer them as well.

The real deal though -for me anyways- was having free, reliable wi-fi. As someone who works a lot on the road, I'd rather have wi-fi over many other amenities. However, depending on time of day connection may be wonky or slow and you're offered for-pay "boost" options, otherwise you're stuck with "lite" wi-fi. This "lite" connection however worked for me to Facetime with family back home and for the basics like sending emails and files.

The kitchenette can be a real saver for breakfasts if you are into cooking your own. There's a nearby supermarket nine blocks away (Publix) where you can get everything you may need.

Conclusion: Enjoyed my brief stay there. I could stay there again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Miami - Airport - Blue Lagoon, responded to this review, August 27, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write such a great review about your recent stay with us. We are glad that we provided you with a "home away from home" even on your short trip to the area. I will be sure to share your comments with our entire team.

We look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in town!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Melbourne, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012 via mobile

This hotel had the best value in the area. We went down to watch a Miami Marlins game and chose this hotel. Bring your own pillows because the bed and the pillows are very hard. Also, if you use a blow dryer bring your own. The front desk doesn't even have one to use. Next time I think I'll spend a little more money to get a more comfortable nights rest.

• Stayed July 2012
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Miami - Airport - Blue Lagoon, responded to this review, August 16, 2012
Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to write a review of your recent stay with us at Homestead Studio Suites Blue Lagoon. We pride ourselves on providing a clean and comfortable room at a reasonable price. I am sorry we have failed in that mission. We have taken your comments into consideration and will make changes where necessary. We hope that you will give our hotel another chance the next time you are in the Miami area! Thank you.
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2012

Great Team & Service won me over - Best Place to Stay!

Room Tip: None - Perfect Rooms!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
, Manager at Extended Stay America - Miami - Airport - Blue Lagoon, responded to this review, July 9, 2012
It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at the Homestead Miami - Airport - Blue Lagoon. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. That's why the biggest investment we make is in our customers. Our staff is continually coached on how to best provide professional, accommodating, and friendly service to every guest. It sounds like we hit a home run in your case!

Finland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2012

Stayed here for one night, and it was a pleasant one. The room was well equipped with a kitchenette and there was plenty of hot water in shower. The environment is nice and pleasing except for the noise from the nearby runway. The planes taking off made a distinctive roar which the hum from AC did not hide. As my wife and I were passing through Miami by car, the closeness of airport was not a plus.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Miami - Airport - Blue Lagoon, responded to this review, June 27, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write such positive comments about our hotel.
It is very rewarding to read positive feedback from our guests.
It would be a pleasure to have you as a guest again in the future and try to make your stay even better.
Please feel free to contact us directly if we can assist you in your future travels.
Maracaibo, Venezuela
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2012

The hotel fulfilled all our expectations. We were in Miami for a short hoiliday (5 nights) and reserved at Homestead Suits because it offers an excellent value for money if one is looking for a reasonably priced hotel that through its in suite kitchen facilities, allows one to prepare light breakfast and supper thereby saving money by not having to eat out. This is not a place for persons looking for a hotel that offers restaurant service, daily room cleaning and pool facilities. One can request the cleaning facilities at extra cost but if one is reasonably tidy with ones ways this is not necessary and there is room cleaning etc. once a week. We were totally satisfied with our stay and consider that the hotel complies with our expectations for this type of hotel. Another consideration is that one should have a car available as there is no nearby public transport, but the hotel is very well located and is within a 3 minute drive to all sorts of shops and service facilities. The mayor shopping malls such as Dolfine, International, Westland and Dadeland are within 20 minute driving distance if one is familiar with the routes, as is South Miami Beach.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
It was very kind of you to take the time to review our hotel.
We are truly happy to know we provided you with the accommodations and service you deserve.
We hope to serve you again in the future and once again, thank you!
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2012

Reasonably priced hotel with kitchen amenities, close proximity to airport and airpark plaza on 7th street where they recently opened a Burlington Coat Factory and also features stores as Publix and Radio Shack. Navigating from this location was easy the free wireless standard was perfect.

There is no pool no other extra s etc, but its location probably makes emend for this, The Guest House features sleeping accommodation at 2 levels unfortunately there is NO ELEVATORS, or CONCIERGE assigned to assist guest with their luggage etc, fortunately for us our check out time was close to housekeeping so one of the guys assisted us with the stuff to the car.

In summary I would probably stay there again but i would ensure i was housed on the lower level.

Room Tip: NO ELEVATORS - choose lower level access
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Miami - Airport - Blue Lagoon, responded to this review, July 19, 2012
"Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay. Given our company's commitment to superior guest service, it was great to read about your positive experience with our staff. Of course, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory. You certainly have my sincerest apologies

Although we do not have elevators at this location, our staff is always available at anytime to assist our guest with luggage to the second floor. I am glad that our team member was able to help you out with this upon checkout.

Thank you again for staying with us and I hope to see you again during your future travels to the Miami area!
"
Seattle, WA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2012

This is a reasonably priced hotel with kitchenettes. The staff is very friendly and helpful, the grounds are well maintained, it's close to conveniences, parking is easy and free and the property is secure. My complaint is about the design of my room and unfortunately, there's not much that can be done about it. My room had only one window, the typical picture window facing the walkway, Plus, I was on the outside ground floor, Naturally with this layout there is NO privacy unless the curtains are drawn. I doubt many people like being in a closed dark room in Florida. Because the window can't be left open at night for security reasons. the air conditioner must remain on. This means sleeping (trying to) with the a/c turning on and off all night and cold air blowing right at the bed less than six feet away.

I did see some second floor rooms with windows facing out the back and having somewhat of a view. I'm sure these are ok but I don't know if there is a price difference for them.

One final thing. Because this is an extended stay hotel it would be really nice to have a swimming pool to use in the evening. Just to be able to sit poolside would be a welcome relief.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a window that opens to the rear and not facing the walkway, preferably with a vi...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
I recently received a copy of your review of the Homestead Miami - Airport - Blue Lagoon. Our company prides itself on excellent guest service, so it was gratifying to read your feedback about our staff. I would like to give you my most heartfelt apology regarding the part of your stay that was not satisfactory.

We specialize in providing clean, comfortable rooms at an affordable price. In order to provide the most cost effective clean hotel room, we do not have certain amenities such as the pool that you mentioned. Some of our locations in Miami do offer outdoor pools for your enjoyment. If you are ever in need of accommodations in the Miami area again, please give me a call at the hotel and I will be able to assist you in finding a room layout in one of our other hotels in Miami with a outdoor pool. Thank you again for staying with us!

Been to Extended Stay America - Miami - Airport - Blue Lagoon? Share your experiences!