“overall good service but horrible location. very hard to find” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Miami - Airport - Blue Lagoon

Save Saved
You added Extended Stay America - Miami - Airport - Blue Lagoon to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Miami - Airport - Blue Lagoon
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   6605 NW 7th Street, Miami, FL 33126 (Formerly Homestead Studio Suites)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #70 of 129 Hotels in Miami
Calgary, Canada
“overall good service but horrible location. very hard to find”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2012

The staff and overall hotel upkeep was good. its great value for long term stay and overall place seemed safe. however to get to this hotel is a trip down hell. located in an office business park close to airport but even the cabbie with gps was unable to find it. and defenitely dont be booking here unless you have car in miami and public amenities and transit are non existent.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Atlantic City, New Jersey
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2011

I had a very good stay here until an employee by the name of Maria who works the night shift a new hire who started no more than a week ago ruined my stay. She worked the night shift on 12/23/2011- Not to be confused with one of the managers who's name is also Maria. Maria the manager is great. But Maria the front desk night agent is horrible horrible horrible . I believe her name is not really even Maria they just do not have a name tag for her yet and she uses someone else's name tag. Maria the front desk night agent is extremely rude, On 12/22/2012 she called me at my room in a harassing tone when my payment for the room was one day late , She was plainly rude and arrogant in her tone, It almost sounded like she was the police threatening me to pay or get out. I have been staying at this hotel for over 3 months and have spent well over $6,000 dollars??? I would believe I could have been extended some courtesy. She also treated my husband rudely when he wen't to pay at the front desk . She behaved as if she was the owner of this hotel and we owed her something? She does not know how to treat guest with courtesy nor respect, and deserves to be fired. This night attendant is the reason we are leaving this hotel . We were going to stay until Jan 15 2011 so it's there lost. , People like us who could have been great guest and who would of retuned time after time, will simply go somewhere else now where all the money we have spent here about $6,000 dollars will be more appreciated . We will never stay here ever again. Better personal needs to be hired!!!!

Room Tip: Tell management to hire better qualified front desk night staff!!
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2011

Well, I really don't like writing bad reviews, but unfortunately I feel the need to warn other travelers in regards to establishments like this one. We arrived late in the evening, and was greeted by friendly hotel front desk staff. We were given our room number and key. When we got to the room, my wife went in to take care of personal business, while I got what we needed for the one night from our rental. When I got back to the room, my wife informed me that the toilet would not flush. So we contacted the front desk, and were told that maintenance would not be around till the morning. One good point to this experience was the front desk offered us another room on the other side of the hotel overlooking the lagoon. No problem, not yet at least. We moved and found the new room to be filthy and disgusting. Kitchen was rusted, and falling apart. Front door door handle was falling off, and would not lock properly. Just a little shove, and the door popped open even though it was locked. Bed was slightly damp, I don't even want to know why. Outside the room was two vehicles running, tinted windows, smoke coming our of their windows, as they were talking and passing something back and forth. It appeared to me that this parking lot was a hot spot to do business since this happened several times throughout the night. I know this because I stayed awake the entire night keeping watch since I did not trust the area or the door. My wife slept on the chair with her feet propped up on the footrest. Luggage stayed in the vehicle due to fear of bugs, which happened to reside in the shower. We contacted the front desk, but apparently this was the only other room. We were told we should stay there since it was only for one night anyway. Apparently there was also no regard for hotel guest safety or security since noone came around to check the deals being made in the parking lot, and since maintenance was gone for the night, no chance of getting the door fixed.

Needless to say, I got no sleep, my wife had back pains in the morning, it was an overall horrible experience, we will not be staying in a hotel like this or chain of this kind again, but hey, at least the toilet worked in the second room. Right?

Be warned! Low prices, convenient location (close to the airport), and beautiful view of the lagoon does not equal a superior experience. Pay the extra money and stay somewhere, anywhere, else.

Room Tip: Best room? At another hotel!
  • Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Mumbai (Bombay), India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2011

I had a nice stay , its a nice commercial area on the southern border of the Miami Airport.
The neighborhood was very quiet,The front desk staff was very pleasant. Very recomended hotel, very helpfull staff, clean and nice rooms!!
the special thing I also like is local calls are free of charge & no parking fees for your car.I realy feel like home.Great staff & very helpfull.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
UK
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2011

We were on a business trip and needed access to the internet, which this hotel claims to provide (for an additional fee). Every time we wanted to connect to the internet or even send an email we had to go out of our room and walk along the external corridor and hold up our laptops to try to get a signal. What a frustrating waste of time. If we hadn't been staying with a group of colleagues we would have checked out - it was very disruptive.
Also the fridge in our room leaked onto the floor all the time - we reported it but nothing was done, (they didn't even provide a floorcloth although we asked for one), so we just had to put up with wet feet any time we went near the fridge.
Lastly, if two of you are staying in a room you will get a grand total of three coat hangers each. Remember this boasts that it is a long-stay hotel option. They obviously expect you to use their laundry a lot.
We won't be agreeing to stay in this hotel again!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
Cayman Brac
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2011

When I read the reviews for this year, for this hotel I was very nervous about staying here. But when we arrived the check in staff were very nice and accomdating. The room was clean and tidy; fresh sheets etc etc. The location is great - close to the airport, Dolphin Mall, Walmart etc so its perfect for a shopping trip. Liked that it has the kitchenette with the full fridge. It doesnt have a pool but I didnt care. Maid service was limited to a few days a week but that was okay for us too. I will stay there again.

• Stayed April 2011
Tampa, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2011

I requested a non-smoking room which I got but when I walked into the room it smelled like cigarettes and cleaning chemicals. I actually found a cigarette butt in the room! The room was not clean. I found stains on the blankets. The kitchen was dirty. The shower head did not have a resting hook and water sprayed everywhere! I called the front desk to complain and asked for another room but all I got was a run around. The staff didn't seem to care that I was an unhappy customer. I was very disappointed with the entire hotel and I will never stay there again or in any of their chains!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family

Been to Extended Stay America - Miami - Airport - Blue Lagoon? Share your experiences!