“Pre Cruise Holiday stay” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book early and save 15%!
Ranked #27 of 113 Hotels in Miami
Marco Island, Florida
“Pre Cruise Holiday stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2010

We stayed at this hotel for 3 days over Christmas prior to our New Years Cruise. We had a wonderful stay. The hotel is conveniently located near many stores including CVS, Publix and Walgreens to name a few. We were a group of nice. Others in our party had the 2 bedroom suites, we had a single bedroom suite which was spacious and clean. The bed was very comfortable and the kitchen was well appointed. We were able to take advantage of the managers reception one night for the free dinner and it was surprisingly good. (The reception is only Monday thru Thursday) The free hot and cold breakfast every morning was terrific. The dining area was large and well layed out. The pool and hot tub were clean and well maintained. We utilized the outdoor patio area and grill for our Christmas dinner and have no complaints. We spent sometime out on the patio feeding the turtles and the huge fish!
I would advise that if you are a light sleeper to request a room on the lagoon side since there is some noise on the airport side. We were on the 6th floor lagoon side and had no airport noise but 4 of our group were in a 2 bedroom on the airport side and did say they had some airplane noise.
We were also able to park our car there for free the week we were cruising, thats a score since they charge $20 p/day at the Port of Miami.
We ate dinner out one night at the 94th squadron restaurant and it was the worst food I have ever had... definitely avoid that place.. Yuck!
I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
toronto, ont
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2009

My wife and I, our daughter, and my sister stayed in a 1 bdrm, double bed suite (#221) pre-cruise Nov 26-29 and 1 bedroom, king bed suite (#616) post -cruise Dec 6. They were roomy enough and we made use of the stove to cook 1 meal.

I recommend staying in the odd number suites which does not face the airport, and lower levels. The Nov stay was great, the jet noise was not noticeable. However, when we were on the 6th floor room after the cruise, you'll know you're near the airport. But it's to be expected since you're staying near the airport. This is a hotel that does not charge for parking, as I didn't want to pay $20-30/night for parking downtown for the car I rented.

While some complained about the complimentary meals, we thought they were great freebies (Thurs evening reception with wine and hot entre & Fri-Sun breakfasts, including fresh fruits for 3 of the 4 days).

We did notice not all of the lamps worked, one didn't have a light bulb, but other than sleeping, bathing and cooking 1 meal, we were hardly in the room so no big deal.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with family
nadineofoc
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2009

Grandma would call it "all dressed up with a dirty neck". This place was so bad they had to call security to move us to another room. Housekeeping was conveniently closed. The room looked and smelled like a frat dorm. Stained carpet and sheets, dirty windows and a saggy couch. Too bad because the decor in the lobby is very nice (although they never move the plants to dust the tables)and the kitchen staff was awesome. Free dinner and free breakfast the day we stayed. Thank goodness it was only a night before the flight home. The manager said they'd refund my points for the room but it never happened. Hilton sure has fallen a long way as a brand. Maybe Paris spent all their money LOL.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with friends
troy, new york
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2009

We stayed at the Homewood Suites the night before and the night after a cruise. We needed two bedrooms and two baths because we were traveling with our adult daughter and her husband. I checked many hotels in the area and it was very expensive to get two seperate hotel rooms with the amenities we like to have at our hotels. My husband and i stay in Homewood suites when ever we can. The staff was helpful and professional. They helped us get transportation to the port. They allowed us to check in early both days. The price was great. Beds were very comforable. The room was clean. They had a very nice breakfast both mornings that included sliced fresh fruit, eggs, all kinds of breads, meat, as well as your usual continental breakfast. There was a hot tub and pool. The driver even dropped us off at a restaurant and offered to pick us up for no charge. We really like Homewood Suites and this one was just as nice as all the others we have stayed at.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with friends
Goias
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2009

We went into a shopping trip to miami, and stayed at Homewood Suites by Hilton Blue Lagoon, in a 2 bedroom/2bathroom suite for 4 nights. What I can say is that the hotel, as well as the staff, acomplish exactly what they are supposed and expected to do, nothing more and nothing less. Spacious and clean rooms, great complimentary breakfast, good free parking and the most important: The whole crew is very polite and discrete. I recommend and definetly would stay there again.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with friends
Buenos Aires, Argentina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2009

I've stayed 3 different times in this hotel and I'll stay again on my next trip to Miami. It's just a great hotel.
Rooms: I've stayed at a 1 bedroom suite with sofa and the size is perfect for 3 persons. Nice bathroom, big kitchen area with everything you need to cook a meal. The bedroom had a king bed and was great.
Breakfast and evenings meal: The breakfast is complete with fruits, yoghurts and hot things also. But one of the best things about this kind of hotel is that Monday-Thursday they serve an evening homemade meal.
Location: Although is far from the beach and next to the airport, you're 15 minutes away from South Beach. Bedrooms with an airport view will trouble you with the runaway noise, so ask one with a lagoon view.
Service: Excellent, everytime I needed something for the room I got it in a few minutes.

• Stayed January 2009, traveled with family
Ewa Beach, Hawaii
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2009

We had to be in Miami for ten days, and none of us could imagine being stuffed into a regular hotel room for that period of time. Knowing that the rooms are like apartments, we chose the Homewood Suites - but the way this particular one is laid out, stands above the rest: In a Typical Homewood layout, there is the living area, then a door and the bedroom, with a sink, and the commode and shower separate. However, here, there is a sink in a foyer BETWEEN the living and sleeping rooms, and a separate tub and toilet. One can have visitors, and keep the sleeping area completely separate.
They went out of their way to ensure we were all on the same floor. The free wired and wireless internet, as well as free parking were quite welcome. Just across the main street (NW57th ave), there is a Publix Supermarket and a host of restaurants, and even an office supply store. There are pharmacies (CVS and Walgreen's) just one block further.
The hotel is easy to find - and in fact is visible from 836. It is just a short 3-5 minute drive from the airport (and it appears as though they have a shuttle, although we didn't use it).
The breakfast and dinner, while not culinary extravaganzas, were adequate, and for the price (free) we weren't complaining.
The refrigerator, microwave and stovetop in the room were quite handy.
Within 10 minutes of the place were: The Airbus Training Center (our destination), a FedEx Kinko's, several malls, Coral Gables (dining, shopping), the aforementioned supermarket and drug stores. Within 20 were: downtown, the cruise port, Miami Beach and Costco.
Lest you think I'm biased: there were things that could use improvement -- my room had several burned out lights, the ceiling fan was so noisy that I couldn't sleep with it on, and the air conditioner was on it's last legs. I did NOT report these issues because I had precious little time in my room, and did not wish to have maintenance banging around, nor did I want to move after unpacking. However, I prefer a property where Quality Control is managed properly, and these items are addressed before a guest checks in.
None the less, this is a solid B+ property, and I can't think of any place else I would rather stay if I had an extended visit to Miami in the future.
One other thing that I did not like - each night menus from local delivery places were slid under my door. Seemingly innocuous, but what this tells me is that non-guests are roaming the halls fairly freely. There is a security there, but perhaps it's time to put card readers in the elevators.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business

Been to Homewood Suites Miami-Airport / Blue Lagoon? Share your experiences!