“Ugggh! Dirty, nasty place” 2 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book early and save 15%!
Ranked #38 of 129 Hotels in Miami
nadineofoc
“Ugggh! Dirty, nasty place”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2009

Grandma would call it "all dressed up with a dirty neck". This place was so bad they had to call security to move us to another room. Housekeeping was conveniently closed. The room looked and smelled like a frat dorm. Stained carpet and sheets, dirty windows and a saggy couch. Too bad because the decor in the lobby is very nice (although they never move the plants to dust the tables)and the kitchen staff was awesome. Free dinner and free breakfast the day we stayed. Thank goodness it was only a night before the flight home. The manager said they'd refund my points for the room but it never happened. Hilton sure has fallen a long way as a brand. Maybe Paris spent all their money LOL.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
troy, new york
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2009

We stayed at the Homewood Suites the night before and the night after a cruise. We needed two bedrooms and two baths because we were traveling with our adult daughter and her husband. I checked many hotels in the area and it was very expensive to get two seperate hotel rooms with the amenities we like to have at our hotels. My husband and i stay in Homewood suites when ever we can. The staff was helpful and professional. They helped us get transportation to the port. They allowed us to check in early both days. The price was great. Beds were very comforable. The room was clean. They had a very nice breakfast both mornings that included sliced fresh fruit, eggs, all kinds of breads, meat, as well as your usual continental breakfast. There was a hot tub and pool. The driver even dropped us off at a restaurant and offered to pick us up for no charge. We really like Homewood Suites and this one was just as nice as all the others we have stayed at.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with friends
Goias
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2009

We went into a shopping trip to miami, and stayed at Homewood Suites by Hilton Blue Lagoon, in a 2 bedroom/2bathroom suite for 4 nights. What I can say is that the hotel, as well as the staff, acomplish exactly what they are supposed and expected to do, nothing more and nothing less. Spacious and clean rooms, great complimentary breakfast, good free parking and the most important: The whole crew is very polite and discrete. I recommend and definetly would stay there again.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with friends
Buenos Aires, Argentina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2009

I've stayed 3 different times in this hotel and I'll stay again on my next trip to Miami. It's just a great hotel.
Rooms: I've stayed at a 1 bedroom suite with sofa and the size is perfect for 3 persons. Nice bathroom, big kitchen area with everything you need to cook a meal. The bedroom had a king bed and was great.
Breakfast and evenings meal: The breakfast is complete with fruits, yoghurts and hot things also. But one of the best things about this kind of hotel is that Monday-Thursday they serve an evening homemade meal.
Location: Although is far from the beach and next to the airport, you're 15 minutes away from South Beach. Bedrooms with an airport view will trouble you with the runaway noise, so ask one with a lagoon view.
Service: Excellent, everytime I needed something for the room I got it in a few minutes.

• Stayed January 2009, traveled with family
Ewa Beach, Hawaii
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2009

We had to be in Miami for ten days, and none of us could imagine being stuffed into a regular hotel room for that period of time. Knowing that the rooms are like apartments, we chose the Homewood Suites - but the way this particular one is laid out, stands above the rest: In a Typical Homewood layout, there is the living area, then a door and the bedroom, with a sink, and the commode and shower separate. However, here, there is a sink in a foyer BETWEEN the living and sleeping rooms, and a separate tub and toilet. One can have visitors, and keep the sleeping area completely separate.
They went out of their way to ensure we were all on the same floor. The free wired and wireless internet, as well as free parking were quite welcome. Just across the main street (NW57th ave), there is a Publix Supermarket and a host of restaurants, and even an office supply store. There are pharmacies (CVS and Walgreen's) just one block further.
The hotel is easy to find - and in fact is visible from 836. It is just a short 3-5 minute drive from the airport (and it appears as though they have a shuttle, although we didn't use it).
The breakfast and dinner, while not culinary extravaganzas, were adequate, and for the price (free) we weren't complaining.
The refrigerator, microwave and stovetop in the room were quite handy.
Within 10 minutes of the place were: The Airbus Training Center (our destination), a FedEx Kinko's, several malls, Coral Gables (dining, shopping), the aforementioned supermarket and drug stores. Within 20 were: downtown, the cruise port, Miami Beach and Costco.
Lest you think I'm biased: there were things that could use improvement -- my room had several burned out lights, the ceiling fan was so noisy that I couldn't sleep with it on, and the air conditioner was on it's last legs. I did NOT report these issues because I had precious little time in my room, and did not wish to have maintenance banging around, nor did I want to move after unpacking. However, I prefer a property where Quality Control is managed properly, and these items are addressed before a guest checks in.
None the less, this is a solid B+ property, and I can't think of any place else I would rather stay if I had an extended visit to Miami in the future.
One other thing that I did not like - each night menus from local delivery places were slid under my door. Seemingly innocuous, but what this tells me is that non-guests are roaming the halls fairly freely. There is a security there, but perhaps it's time to put card readers in the elevators.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
Mil Anus
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2009

We arrived late just past midnight on a busy day, and had some problem in checking in. It turned out that they upgraded my room to the top floor due to my Gold VIP HH status. Good. However, when the person at check in printed out our keys I smelled something wrong. Only after I insisted he found out that they gave away our room to someone else before we arrived. We last-minute avoided entering someone else room at 1230 AM.

In the end they found us a room, not exaclty according to my preferences, but enough to sleep. Murphy's law was against us that night, as the room keys were only working the second time, after a trip back at the check in to have them re-issued with our exact room number.

Very small swimming pool, free parking & free wired & wireless Internet.

Food (free beakfast and evening manager reception) were very good in quality and abundant.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
St. Petersburg, FL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2009

Good overall hotel. Close to the miami airport (about a $10 cab ride). The inside of the hotel is comfortable and home-like. Staff support was average. Breakfast was good and there are lots of tables to eat at. Overall a nice place to stay near the Miami airport.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business

Been to Homewood Suites Miami-Airport / Blue Lagoon? Share your experiences!