“Spacious and clean” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #29 of 114 Hotels in Miami
Warwickshire
“Spacious and clean”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2009

We stayed 3 nights, Mon to Thurs am. Nice suite, very clean with good kitchen (microwave, dishwasher, fridge, waste disposal). Breakfast good, dinner adequate.
The one complaint we have is that this is the only hotel we have stayed in where we have been charged to use the in-room safe, this is petty and money -- grabbing.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
Plant City, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2009

My wife and I stayed at the Homewood Suites as a pre cruise selection. We try and do this because for the price of the room for one night we can park the car for free for the duration of the cruise and don't have to deal with the port parking garages

There is a shuttle right to the port for a nominal fee and once the cruise is finished all it takes is a cab back. The price is about the same. The Hotel is also close to the Miami International Airport

The hotel is well worth the money spent very large king size bedroom,with a living room thath has a couch that was almost as large as the bed. Televison in both.In addition their is a full kitchen.

We went to the local super market that truthfully you could walk to if needed (about 8-10 blocks) or a short drive. picked up what we needed for diiner. There was the market,a liquor store bank, ets.etc.

Continental breakfast which includes eggs bacon, sausage and other good eats is included in the price. All and all for the price you really are getting a great bargain

• Liked — Staff very friiendly and helpful, room accomidations were more than expected
  • Disliked — Nothing that comes to mind
  • Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2009

We booked this hotel for a one night pre-cruise stay. My sister had Hilton reward points so that covered the cost of the room. We were assigned a non-smoking king suite.

When we arrived at the Miami airport, we could not find the board with phones to hotels and their shuttles. In fact, we had a hard time finding a pay phone. We were able to borrow a cell phone from a security office to call the shuttle.

The shuttle arrived at the Departures area as noted in other reviews. It was a very short ride to the hotel from the airport.

Our room had a living room/kitchen space and a bedroom with a king sized bed. Everything was very clean and comfortable. We did receive two free bottles of water and cookies as my sister is a gold member. There was also a bag of microwave popcorn.

The bathroom was spacious and featured Neutrogena products and a towel animal - a swan! Shower pressure was very weak and not much hot water available.

The breakfast was pretty standand fare - scrambled eggs, sausages, triangle hash browns, bagels, toast, juice and coffee. Not the best breakfast but definitely adequate.

The hotel also features a free business center with two computers so you can quickly check your email.

There is an independent shuttle to the Port of Miami if you need it. Just let the front desk staff know to make you a reservations. The shuttles depart at 11:00am, 12:00pm, 1:00pm and 2:00pm. We ended up taking a cab because the 11:00am shuttle was full. Cost of cab from the hotel to the Port of Miami was $25.

Just a 10-minute walk away from the hotel, there is a CVS, Publix and Walgreens. If you are buying supplies for your cruise, it can get heavy so bring someone to do the heavy lifting. The Hampton Inn - Blue Lagoon is actually directly across the street from the shops.

Overall, a decent one-night stay before our cruise. No complaints.

• Liked — Location - close to the airport & free shuttle
  • Disliked — Location - far from Port of Miami and no free shuttle to the port
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Sicklerville, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2009

ARRIVAL: We arrived around 3pm and checked in without any wait. They have luggage carts available in the lobby to use. I didn’t receive my Hhonors Gold benefit (2 bottles of water and a package of cookies), but thought nothing of it because some hotels have it waiting in the room, and others deliver it a couple of hours after you check-in. I never received it, so I checked the next day and the reception person was not very friendly. She insisted that if my gold status was on my reservation I would have received it. Well it was on my reservation (shows up when they give me my invoice) and I didn’t. She told me to grab a (one) bottle of water from the little shop. If you are entitled to any free items, please make sure you get them when you check-in. The cost of these items is not much, but I mention this because I think the hotel nickels and dimes you (see safe info below).
ROOM: The bathroom was between the living area and the bedroom, and there were doors to each entry. This was good because my sister was on the sofa bed and didn’t need to go into the bedroom to use the bathroom. Also, the toilet and shower were separated from the bathroom sink by a door. The toiletries in the bathroom were Neutrogena brand and consisted of; shampoo, conditioner, lotion and a shower cap. There is a TV in the living area and in the bedroom. Pay Per View movies were available. There is also a VHS player in the living room (yes, VHS). There was a safe in the room that uses a key. You have to go to the front desk to get the key, pay a refundable $15 deposit and pay $1.50 per day to use the safe. I don’t think I have ever paid to use a safe at a Hilton property, even in hotels in New York City. Also, there was nothing that told you this in the room; I went to the front desk asking about the safe key and was told the policy.
DINING: The free breakfast buffet was not as good as other Homewood Suites locations. It was enough to save the cost of buying breakfast, but I wouldn’t pay to eat it.
LOCATION: The hotel is right next to the airport, which is conveniently close, but also loud at times. We were in a room that faced the airport and could hear airplanes occasionally, depending on the runway they used.

• Liked — Price
  • Disliked — Location; Front Desk Staff
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Montreal
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2009

We stayed for one night pre-cruise.

We booked this hotel for three reasons. First, the free airport shuttle, Second, the complimentary breakfast and Third, the suite accomodations.

The free airport shuttle was disappointing. We called to request the shuttle once we had landed and retrieved our bags. The receptionist said the shuttle would be there in 15 minutes. That was great - we had arrived 6.5 hours delayed due to weather an just wanted to settle in. We were told just to wait outside the departures. I had hoped that there was a designated pick up/drop off area. I was right in hoping so. In short, we saw the shuttle drive right past us after over 20 minutes of waiting - the driver didn't even look our way. I tried to chase after him to no avail. After three more calls to reception, the shuttle finally came to our rescue. The driver was very helpful with bags etc. It turned out that they had picked up another party and taken them to the hotel. They had thought it was us, only realizing that it wasn't us because we kept calling. Yes, it was a misunderstanding but there has got to be a better system in place. It should not take over an hour to get picked up by an airport hotel shuttle.

That said, the room was nice-sized, updated, comfortable and clean. The suite was great for us and a toddler. The crib they provided was waiting for us in the room (thankfully - as we arrived past 11pm). The man-made lagoon outside is a really nice touch for an airport-hotel. It was nice to sit out there. The breakfast was ample and pretty edible. The breakfast area was spacious with adequate seating and a high chair for our needs. The very large aquarium in the lobby is also very nice.

We took a cab to the port the next day, it was about 30$.

I would stay here again. But I would be much more careful and specific with the shuttle arrangements when I call.

• Liked — rooms, breakfast
  • Disliked — shuttle service
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Eureka, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2008

This hotel is nice but service terrible:
-The housekeepers use the same elevator as guests and the push every floor as kids to get down so elevator are to their service no to guests, it takes you more than 5-10 minutes waiting for elevators.
-I had to check out and check in for an award stay, and Aida Venegas at the front desk keep chating on the phone with her friend for 10 minutes by clock, then she ask for the imprint of certificate, is the only hotel has done that, I want to get it and told her that she wanted this only to be able to keep chating with friends, when came back the manager was mad due to my coment to that employee His name Franz Fernandez. They do not understand that they are in the service industry.
-I asked for the internet access code so I wont be incomunicated, they said for some reason did not have it, had to wait againg another 10 minutes for Franz.
-The toilet was leaking water 3 days already and they have not fixed.
-The AC control box is out of battery has not being changed

• Liked — Rooms Size
  • Disliked — People
  • Stayed December 2008
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Rugby, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2008

We only stayed one night following our flight from London. We were given a two bedroomed suite which we didn't really have time to appreciate. Clean ,very comfortable and well situated this was a great place to stay and so reasonable. 11 out of 10.

• Liked — Clean and comfortable
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple