“good and confortable place” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book early and save 15%!
Ranked #38 of 129 Hotels in Miami
Bogota, Colombia
“good and confortable place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

I feel me like at home, their staff is really friendly, nice, and polite definitely every time that I visit Miami, I always will choose to stay in the Homewood suites I recommend it if you have business close to the airport area.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
Renton, WA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

I am currently staying at this hotel which is going through a major renovation, but they have selected to stay open despite all the chaos, dust and dirt. I would have switched hotels if I was staying any longer than two nights. They have a very small room as the reception and a larger room for breakfast and dinner. Breakfast was basic and it was my first that was served on paper plates and plastic forks/spoons. The carpets are filthy everywhere with big dark spots. The room isn't too small but the water pressure was quite low and kept changing while showering. The AC is efficient but quite noisy. Think twice about spending your money to stay at a construction site.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Stephen P, General Manager at Homewood Suites Miami-Airport / Blue Lagoon, responded to this review, July 10, 2014
We appreciate your flexibility as we undergo some necessary growing pains. We apologize for the inconvenience and are working with our staff to minimize disruptions. We hope we can invite you back once our changes are complete and let us know what you think.
Tallahassee, Florida, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

We tried to check-in and I was told "Your room is not ready yet". So we decided to go shopping first. Upon returning I was told "Sorry we do not have any of the type of room that you requested available." Somehow during the short span of an hour an assigned room that was not ready yet disappeared from the property. I really really dislike being lied to. When asked why the reservation system would have let me reserve a room type that was not available, I was told they just do that there is nothing we can do about it. The manager apologized and stated "I will take care of you". He then turned to the desk clerk and said "Put him in any room that is available". I guess I was taken care of. My reservation was for a handicap accessible room with a roll-in shower and a king bed. I was given a regular room with a tub and two double beds. His idea and mine of "take care of you" seem to be just a little different. A little later I went to the lobby to get some of the "always available coffee" to find that you had a choice between decaf and hot water. When I asked if any more coffee would be available I was told "I will have to see if I can find someone to make some". No coffee for tonight I guess. This morning as I was leaving the room I flushed a piece of tissue down the commode. No make that I flooded the bathroom and bedroom floors when the commode overflowed. Leaving the breakfast room I decided to grab a banana for a snack as I drove. Sorry, had to go into the restroom and wash my hands. Seems the banana was so ripe that it was covered in juice from the much too long ripening process. Soggy bananas do not make good traveling food. When I returned to the hotel this evening I found that all the handicap parking places were being used as temporary storage areas for the old furniture that had been removed for the remodel process that started yesterday. How many ways can you spell disastrous stay? We have stayed at this hotel several times in the past couple of year when Rich was the manager. Rich has left since our last stay and we will be leaving after this stay. Funny how losing a manager can turn a first rate pleasure into a fifth rate dump nightmare. Hilton brands give bottled water and cookies to their Diamond members upon check-in. Neither my traveling companion or I received these at check-in yesterday. When she asked about hers she was told "the maid did not put the bags together so we do not have any". When she asked for them at the front desk this morning she was told there were none available. Seems there is a bottled water shortage in Miami these days. Avoid this hotel at all cost.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Stephen P, General Manager at Homewood Suites Miami-Airport / Blue Lagoon, responded to this review, June 27, 2014
We appreciate your honest feedback and we apologize for the service experience you had. Your detailed feedback about our facilities, dining selections, and services have been reviewed with the appropriate members of our team and we're working to ensure these issues are appropriately addressed. We're disappointed that you did not have the satisfactory experience you expected and we hope we can invite you back to see our changes firsthand.
Atlantic Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

I stayed five nights in a two bed suite at this Homewood Suites and the staff was great. The hotel is a older one but is in great shape.It also had a mini-kitchen area in case you wanted to cook your own meals, if you didn't want to have the Supper that was offered Monday thru Thursday. All the furnishings were in good shape and the bed was comfortable. The Internet worked well. Breakfast was very good. I would highly recommend this Homewood Suites.

Tulsa, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2014

Very nice, neat and clean facility. Excellent for families. Shops and store are nearby, which is very helpful. We had two bedroom suite, which was very nice with three children. Very helpful staff. We had one week stay and it was very good experience. Close to Airport and major highways. Good access to the property, there is some construction going on the main highway, once its complete, it is easy access to the property.

St. Petersburg, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2014

Briane was especially accommodating just Awesome!!... The entire staff was great as well. Traveling with a family of four we arrived early and she promptly got us into a room. The kids enjoyed the complimentary breakfast and the pool. My fiancé didn't want to leave the comforts of the bed which is very comfy. The rooms were clean and the kitchen was stocked with all the necessities. We saved money for sure due to this, we brought snacks and juice and lite groceries for the kids which we were able to store in the refrigerator. Homewood is truly a home away from home. We got more than our money's worth for the price of our suite.

Naples, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014

Typical Miami Ethics Problems. If you stay at a place and pay to use their facilities you would think the management has hired a cleaning staff that would turn over any item accidentally left in their room after departure to the front desk this way they could contact the rightful owners about the items they left behind. However even after we realized we left the items in our room after departure and contacted the staff we never got a follow up call or email about the items we left behind. I am completely dissatisfied with the way they handled this situation.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Been to Homewood Suites Miami-Airport / Blue Lagoon? Share your experiences!