“Wow, Bad Hotel With Big Name” 2 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book early and save 15%!
Ranked #41 of 130 Hotels in Miami
Odessa, Texas
“Wow, Bad Hotel With Big Name”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2014

I am a fan of the Homewood Suites chain, but Hilton needs to revoke this license. Couldn't find my reservation, then put me in a smoking room that was filthy, then moved me to another room when I complained vigorously. The second room wasn't much better, towel rack falling off the wall, tile coming up, just a bad deal. If you want t pay for the Hilton name and get a motel 6 grade room then stay here.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Stephen P, General Manager at Homewood Suites Miami-Airport / Blue Lagoon, responded to this review, February 11, 2014
We're sorry to hear about the unpleasant smell and conditions of your guest room. We're working with our housekeeping and facilities team to address this and apologize for any discomfort you experienced. If you have any additional comments or concerns, please let us know.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2014

Wonderful property from the friendly and warm welcoming staff to the beautiful suites and pool!! The grounds are very well maintained. Lobby area very welcoming as well as the veranda located off of the lobby..Manager welcome home reception was also awesome-Clean and fresh with every ammenitie s needed. Wonderful complimentary breakfast and light dinner in the evening

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Topeka, Kansas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2014

I would have to say that our room was in need of some repairs. There was damage to the ceiling and the walls (enough to make you wonder what happened). The kitchen cabinets were also damaged as well as the bathroom wall.

It was not a pretty room. The pool and hot tub were not clean when we first attempted to visit, but after a conversation with the front desk, it was cleaned up.

The breakfast was okay. There were SO MANY PEOPLE eating. I was amazed at the mass number - it really didn't seem like our hotel was fully occupied. I was impressed with the staff for actually keeping up (for the most part).

Front desk was always kind and immediately helpful. If our room had not been so poorly maintained, I would have given another star for the fantastic staff experience.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Kenora
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2014

We got to this hotel immediately following our arrival into port after a 6 day cruise, and exhausted from a 2 week long adventure. Seeing how it was only 10 a.m., I was not too optimistic that we would get a room and assumed we would be sitting in the lobby for the next several hours. The staff were so helpful, immediately assigned us a room and encouraged us to help ourselves to the hot breakfast that was just winding down. The entire stay was filled with helpful staff, a great atmosphere in the lobby sitting area, comfortable beds, fun pool, and lovely hot tub. The room was spacious, with a kitchenette, stove, fridge, etc, which we didn't use but would have been convenient. The hotel staff went out of their way to make our stay great! Assistance the following morning to get to the airport via the hotel shuttle was also great! Will definitely stay here if ever in the Miami airport area again.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014

We stayed at this hotel for one night in January. There were several spots of blood on the sheets. These were changed by housekeeping after receiving a complaint. We went down to breakfast, which was supposedly served until 10 am. We arrived around 9:30 am to find that there was no food left.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

The comfort, health and safety of our guests is of utmost concern and we appreciate your feedback regarding the cleanliness issues and missing breakfast items. We can assure you these concerns have been addressed and are truly sorry for any discomfort you experienced. We will be following up with you shortly.
Saskatoon, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2014

This hotel provides not only a large living and sleeping space but also all the amentities and perks to make this a great value. To add to that, the staff are exceptional and make this an "over the top" selection to stay near the airport area. Walking distance to Walgreens and CVS stores and other strip malls. A great choice all around.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

El Dorado Hills, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014

Stayed at this Homewood a couple nights after our cruise to explore Miami. Figured it was centrally located, and it certainly was. As close as it was to MIA, we never heard any flight noise.

Upon check in, the front desk agent, whom I didn't catch her name but remembered her name tag stated she hailed from Memphis, let's just say it was definitely not the warmest check in experience I've ever had. Literally, the only words that came out her mouth were, "Any specific floor preference, or does it really matter?" and when she gave me my keys, "You know about our breakfast served each morning, right?" I was really shocked, almost made me second guess if I was checking into a roadside motel or a Hilton branded hotel! I just shrugged it off and figured she was having a bad day.

Upon getting our luggage, we took an elevator located on the far side of the hotel, and when we got to the 5th floor, we passed by the area of room 509 and I'm not sure what happened but it smelled like dead fish. I'm not easily grossed out but it was horrible and I gagged. Unfortunately, the housekeeper must've been immune to it because that area smelled that way during our entire stay. When we got to our room, it met our expectations of that "home away from home" feel with the apartment-style room with a kitchen and separate bedroom. However, the furnishings were showing it's age as the furniture was worn, the carpet definitely did not feel clean, the walls had a lot of patch jobs, the tile in the bathroom did not look clean, the bathroom fan was clogged with dust, found a lot of hair in the bathroom area, one of the bedside lamp's light bulb socket was literally hanging off the wire and lastly, my biggest pet peeve as if the previously mentioned items were not enough, the AC sounded like a train and did not cool down the living room area, thankfully the bedroom had a fan so it got really cold in there.

The next morning we checked out their breakfast at about 8:30am and it was sheer madness. It felt like I was at Hometown Buffet or something. Other guests had lost all sense of courtesy and manners and kids were running amuck. It also didn't help that the breakfast was horrible; when I opened up the chaffing dish of Corned Beef, I saw nothing but pools of grease, it was disgusting. The biscuits were hard as a rock, but the gravy was tasty. There was nowhere to sit, in addition to tables not being bussed, as the poor breakfast staff could barely keep up with the demand.

One thing also worth reiterating was the hospitality of the staff, or lack thereof. I unfortunately was wearing a foot brace therefore I wasn't walking as fast as I could. Upon walking down the hall on the 1st floor towards the housekeeping laundry area to head to the parking lot, I saw a staff member walk in from the outside to apparently clock in, he saw me and so I smiled. After he clocked in, I was literally a few steps behind him towards the exit door and rather than taking even a second to hold the door open, he disregarded my existence. He jumped into his 370Z which was parked right in front of the door, drove off to park in the lot and finished to get dressed. The only staff member that was pleasant was the gentleman working the front desk at 5:30am when I called to say that we were checking out.

My first preference in hotel accommodations will always be a Hilton branded hotel, Homewoods included. However, I can honestly say that I will never choose to stay at this Homewood again nor would I recommend it.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Stephen P, General Manager at Homewood Suites Miami-Airport / Blue Lagoon, responded to this review, January 6, 2014
We're very sorry to hear that you had such a disappointing experience. As our guest, we want you to feel at home with the extra touches that our friendly staff provides. Your comments have been shared with the appropriate departments so we can improve in all areas of daily operations. We value your business and hope we can invite you back for the enjoyable experience you expect.

Been to Homewood Suites Miami-Airport / Blue Lagoon? Share your experiences!