“Not a bad place, Price was right” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book early and save 15%!
Ranked #38 of 129 Hotels in Miami
Maineville, OH
“Not a bad place, Price was right”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

Typical Homewood suites, it was clean and the staff were all very friendly and accomodating!

Pros-
It was cheaper than most the hotels in the area.
They have a free reception and meal Monday-thrusday!
Free Breakfast.
Very close to the airport with a free shuttle.

Cons
I would have liked a bit larger fitness room. Not bad if you are alone, but more than one other person it begins to feel cramped.
Not the cleanest of neighborhoods.
I asked for a non-smoking room but it was obvious that I didn't get one.
Very slow elevators

I would certainly go back, the rooms were pretty big and everything seemed clean.

Room Tip: Ask for Lake facing room if the plane noise will bother you.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
Grosse Pointe, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

The price, location and appointments are all just right for a family with small kids on a quick stopover. Perfectly convenient to the airport the hotel honored all our requests and the service was good and quick. We didn't use the pool but it looked nice if not a bit exposed to the parking lot. Big rooms, fine condition, no complaints. I would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher room facing the lagoon for better views.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Suffolk, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

I stayed here back in NOV and again just now in FEB 13.

The pluses - its close to the airport. There is breakfast in the morning, and dinner each night (except weekends). Free wi-fi, good views, small pool and workout center.

Lots of businessmen and cruisers here. The cruisers pop in and then shuttle over to the terminal the next day to sail in or out, and the businessmen fly in - do their stuff and fly out.

The rooms are nice and spacious.

I would stay here again, its good, but not fantastic. The location is good for flying in and out, but not for doing tourist stuff, because traffic is tough.

Room Tip: Stay on the side away from the runway - or you will hear planes all night.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Cairo, Egypt
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

Was admittedly attracted by the Hilton name and the price ( breakfast included) ... when my wife and I had booked this hotel (thinking we had made the "deal") ...
The Hotel "suites" are run down, obviously require major renovations, for example the air conditioning is very loud, the bath tubs are so old the paint came off of them in some parts, the kitchen as well as bathrooms require to be painted, many of the wooden cabinets do not open or close properly etc etc I could go on and on with minute details ... Breakfast contents and overall experience where very poor and deceiving. In terms of value for money distance from the City and the Beaches, given route logistics etc are not worth it at all unless you just need to be near the airport or so ... and are there for one night and that is it. We had prepaid our stay for three nights so we got STUCK with IT ... would not recommend for anyone to stay there unless it is a very short stay and needs to be geographically near the area such as airport or so ... Last matter I need to add as well is that the matresses are way too soft and therefore seem to be too old as well.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dartmouth, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

I have nothing negative to say about the Homewood Suites - the staff are great, the rooms are are comfortable, well equipped and very clean. The staff are great - very helpful and courteous. The hotel has lots of amenities - free wifi, free business center, great hot & cold breakfast buffet and a supper buffet Mon thru Thurs, free parking and a shuttle to and from the airport. This was our first stay and has climbed to the top of my list of places to stay in Miami. It is very close to the airport making it really easy to find when driving - just look for the signs directing you to the airport,

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

I stayed here due to its proximity to the airport which reminded me why I usually don’t. The noise from the airport kept me up at night. Also, it was cold during my stay so I had to use the heat. The system set off the smoke alarm when I first turned it on. The service desk said that was normal and to open the windows for a few minutes. The bed was comfortable and water very hot. I enjoyed the heat lamp in the bathroom. The decor is dated and my housekeeping person did not vacuum the room while I was there (3 days) but the room was pretty cleaned. My room was on the 7th floor facing the airport. We too were not told about the meals but there are signs all over the place. The staff breaks down breakfast promptly at 9:30am so don’t be late.
Maybe one reason for the poor customer service is the fact that some of the staff is unhappy about the pay. One employee told us that they don’t get paid a lot and asked if we know of anyone hiring. Maybe Hilton needs to implement an employee bonus program for employees who go above and beyond. Since I only paid $120 per night, I was fine with my stay.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the airport are noisy
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dallas, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013 via mobile

I can't, for the most part, disagree with the reviews preceding mine. This hotel is an older building which faces the expressway and the airport, and backs up to a large lagoon. Across the lagoon are several apartment complexes. Our room (405) was on the lagoon side so we weren't bothered by the planes taking off.

405 is a 2 room suite with a kitchenette and living room in one room, and 2 full size beds in the bedroom. 405, the hallway, the elevator and the lobby were clean and well maintained, meaning the caulking is fresh-looking and white, no black mold spots, no cracked tiles, no chipped wood or stains on the furniture or carpet. But modern or updated, it's not.

However, having to hang in 405 while hubby worked was a peaceful, restful experience because the bedroom window looked out over the lagoon. And any issues I had with the room, the TV, or housekeeping were handled attentively and promptly by Michael at the front desk, who followed up to make sure things were right. We also enjoyed sitting outdoors on their veranda over the lagoon. And we appreciated how the shower head is mounted unusually high on the bathroom wall. We noted that the hot water in the bathroom sink is super hot (great for shaving for my hubby) while the shower water didn't get as hot - I was concerned about being scalded.

There is a nicely equipped work out room that I used, and I heard there is a pool.

The breakfast is the usual (fruit cocktail, cold cereal, not too appealing eggs and sausage, waffles you make, runny oatmeal, etc.). We didn't partake of the complimentary dinner they serve Monday through Thursday.

I too consider this hotel's rate overpriced given how dated it's interiors are. But if you do book here, make sure you get a lagoon side room to enjoy.

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Been to Homewood Suites Miami-Airport / Blue Lagoon? Share your experiences!