“Comfortable, niggles addressed, but breakfast not great” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book early and save 15%!
Ranked #33 of 122 Hotels in Miami
Haywards Heath
“Comfortable, niggles addressed, but breakfast not great”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

I stayed here for a recent conference in Miami as it close to the airport and venue. I had a rental car and parking at this property, unlike most properties close to the airport, is free.

I checked in quickly and made my way to my suite on the 6th floor. The rooms are like small apartments - a lounge room with a small kitchen including a fridge freezer, a sink, cooker and coffee maker; a bathroom area; and a decent sized bedroom. The rooms are obviously designed for a longer stay.

The room was clean and comfortable, but my standard niggle of air conditioning was present. The air con was set to well over 70' and the room was like a sauna. As much as i reset the temperature to a lower one, it just reset itself to 70'+. I complained at reception the next morning but when I returned from the conference that evening, it was still like a sauna. I complained again as I went out for dinner - and when I returned it was fixed and remained stable for the rest of my stay.

The bed was comfortable and I had no other room niggles. Wifi was available in the room and was free.

The disappointment was breakfast - the selection was not great, and there were only a couple of hot options each day. It was survivable but not something I would rush back to enjoy again. The bagels were poor quality and the bread for toast almost stale - very tough. And the toaster machine was possibly the most ineffective I have encountered on my travels.

Breakfast aside, the stay was fine. I requested a late check out and the hotel was accomodating. An improved breakfast would have meant a 4/5 rating, but I would stay here again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
Oahu, Hawaii
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

Considering our unfortunate stay "pre cruise" in another hotel, this was a breath of fresh air! Beautiful surroundings, on a lagoon. Accommodations better than we expected! We had two bedroom suite, full kitchen, in the corner end of hotel...room 710! It overlooked pool and the lagoon from both bedrooms and was beautiful! We'll occasionally stay at the Anaheim Homewood suites when going to Disneyland, so thought we would try another location! Elevators are EXTREMELY SLOW and no air! Bathroom door in master suite bedroom doesn't close UNLESS you "lift the lid"!! Door is too wide! Hotel staff not very friendly ( older woman evening shift very grumpy) however morning staff friendly! Food was just "ok"! Anaheim location is very extensive, this location limited choices, but better than most. Again, a little overpriced ($230) possibly because I waited too long to decide. No fears for" safety" here, which we were very grateful for! Not sure we'd stay again, not because of anything in particular, but just a little sub-par. Pullout was AWFUL, but I don't know of any that are comfortable!

Room Tip: We actually had a GREAT room with EXCELLENT views of lagoon and pool! It was room 710!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Virginia Beach
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

I've stayed at the Blue Lagoon Homewood Suites four times. It's convenient to the airport. I've seen flight crews from Central and South American airlines here several times. It's pretty predictable and the staff/manager are easy to work with. They serve breakfast each morning in the lobby, and dinner Monday through Thursday evening. The food is OK but not terrific. The cops stop by and grab a bite. But it's free, and they have lite beer on tap for a couple of hours. The rooms are decent--kitchenette,stove, microwave, comfortable beds, etc. On the down side, the sofas aren't very comfortable and starting to show their wear. I think they're all hideabeds--at least everytime I've stayed here. Ask for the lagoon side--better view and the airport side can get noisy with the jet traffic.

Room Tip: Lagoon side is quieter and have a better view.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
New York, NY
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

The room was in OK shape, seemed clean, and was as quiet as could be expected at a hotel right by the airport (even with a white noise generator the jets were loud and clear, but they didn't wake me up). But the included breakfast was pretty terrible; I had one of the worst (mini) bagels I've ever had, the bacon was far too close to raw, and my colleagues told me the eggs and potatoes were just as bad. Worse, their automatic wake-up call system was 30 minutes fast; I set it for 6:35 and it went off around 5 past 6. My colleague had the same experience so it wasn't just me. I walked up to the front desk to tell them on the way out, and once I got Pamela at the desk to look up at me, she responded with "I don't see how that's our fault; the time you punch in goes straight into the system." Nice.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Omaha, Nebraska
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

We stayed here with my son and his family pre-cruise. The room was a 2 bedroom suite...for us the living area wasn't that spacious, but it did the job. The beds weren't in the least comfortable. I was glad we were just there for the 1 night. There was no information in the rooms regarding anything the hotel had to offer and nothing to tell you that a local call (for food delivery as there is not restaurant at the hotel on weekends...just breakfast) would cost. The staff was friendly enough. There's a free shuttle from the airport and the wait wasn't too long. The cost to get to the port of Miami was $10 per person, so not too bad (even if the shuttle driver drove like a maniac and didn't speak to any of us). Probably wouldn't stay again unless I had no choice.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Robert C, Front Office Manager at Homewood Suites Miami-Airport / Blue Lagoon, responded to this review, February 15, 2013
Good afternoon, we would like to apologize for the inconvenience that you encountered during your recent stay with us here at the Homewood Suites Miami Airport Blue Lagoon with the shuttle service to the port of Miami. We would like to grasp some more information in regards of this issue to make sure it does not repeat itself.

If you may have any additional questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at (786) 662-3957.
Buenos Aires, Argentina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

We went there twice. They gave us a suite (4th floor) with magnificient views of the lagoon.
A very good breakfast, and from Monday to Thursday a complementary dinner. Very clean.
They have a complementary shuttle from/to Miami airport. Near Doral and Dolphin Mall
A very nice pool and whirlpool.
Without any doubt we will choose this hotel again

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Chelsea, Michigan, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

I was pleasantly surprised at how nice the room was. It was laid out great so if you had people visiting you could be in the living room and bathroom accessible without having to go through the bedroom. Breakfast was typical stuff. Fitness room, though small, had nice equipment with individual tv's on machines and in working order. Close to the freeway to get where you are going.

• Stayed January 2013

Been to Homewood Suites Miami-Airport / Blue Lagoon? Share your experiences!