“Secon time I stay here. Now it needs little bit more cleaning” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book early and save 15%!
Ranked #41 of 129 Hotels in Miami
Honduras
“Secon time I stay here. Now it needs little bit more cleaning”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I stayed here for 4 days while in Miami for work. The last time I came here I stayed for a whole month, back then the stay was perfect. This time the rooms, specially the bathroom neede a littl bit more cleansing.
The location is great for work, its close to downtown, Doral , the airport and if you like to do shopping,
I will stay here again

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

We booked a room because of location and got much more than expected. Pamela at the desk accommodated our preference for a room and provided excellent advice about where to grab a quick lunch. Complimentary breakfasts and light dinners were excellent - we ate on the deck overlooking the lagoon and watched the sun set. These meals simplified our life. The suite was comfortable and roomy. Although close to the airport, there was no jet noise. We'll visit again.

Room Tip: Go for odd numbered rooms on the lagoon side of the hotel.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Lima, Peru
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

This is my third time in this hotel and it continuous being great! I was one night with my husband before leaving USA to our country and I felt happy choosing it again. the one bedroom suite very clean as always, the bed really comfy, the small kitchen really helpful.
The front desk staff were helpful and polite and they always welcome you.
We had a high floor with the lake view and it was really awesome. The scene early in the morning was fantastic!! The breakfast and dinner were delicious as always.
I will go back on my next vacation trip.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Portland, Oregon, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

This hotel has some problems, for example:
-The air conditioner in my room would hover just below 80 degrees during the day and cool off to maybe 74 at night. I complained about it, but they never fixed it.
-I had to complain about someone smoking in the room next to me and the guy that came by tried to blame me.
-The fan in the bathroom started seizing up and when I called for a mechanic to fix it, he came in flicked it with his finger and then looked at me like I was an idiot when it started back up and left without saying a word.
-When room service would come they'd put my dishes in the dishwasher and run it without soap, so when I got my dishes out they were covered in baked-on food.
-The elevator was super slow and about 80 degrees inside at all times.
-The breakfast did not look like it should have been consumed.
-The water around the back of the hotel had tons of garbage floating in it.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
miabl, General Manager at Homewood Suites Miami-Airport / Blue Lagoon, responded to this review, October 11, 2012
We are sorry we were not able to provide you with a better quality of service. This is not typical of our hotel and staff, and we are always looking for ways to improve our customer experience. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a great stay. Again, we apologize for the inconveniences that you experienced. We want you to know that we will address all issues immediately. Thank you for your feedback and we hope you will consider staying with us again.
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

We stayed here for 1 night on before our cruise and had two rooms. Our room was clean, but the bathroom door open directly into the toilet and you had to push it past the toilet. It was a tight squeeze and uncomfortable. The property was nice for being by the airport and we had no problem with noise. We enjoyed the back small deck that has a lot of fish off in the bay/river. Overall it is okay for a 1 night stay.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Lausanne, Switzerland
1,053 helpful votes 1,053 helpful votes
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

Only stayed 1 night in July at this Homewood Suites and it was very comfortable. Location is really close to the airport so very convenient if you arrive or depart from MIA (as we did on the next morning). They provide a shuttle bus but we had our rental car.
Downtown Miami is only 15-20 minutes drive and South Beach less than 30 minutes.

Hotel staff and at the front desk are nice and friendly.

Our suite was roomy on the 5th floor with a lagoon view, which is quieter. Bed was comfy, bathroom was well appointed and a full kitchen was provided too. Some issue with the shower. The room was a little tired and we had some dirty carpet and used furniture in the living room and this could be improved in the future.
Free parking, free wifi and breakfast (which was ok nothing fantastic) as well was included so nothing could make our stay better.
We might come back.

Room Tip: Lagoon view room are quieter
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Providenciales, null, Turks and Caicos Islands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

This is the only hotel my family and I stays at whenever we travel to Miami. It is convenient, affordable, kids friendly, comfortable, beds and pillows are heavenly and the staffs are wonderful. Whenever I am planning to travel to Miami I normally orders my shopping online and have same shipped directly to the hotel and upon my arrival it is safely delivered to our rooms all the time.

We are very disappointed that we are unable to get a room for our upcoming vacation 22/08/12 to 28/08/12.

Overall we love our hotel.

Mark, Debbie and kids

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family

Been to Homewood Suites Miami-Airport / Blue Lagoon? Share your experiences!