As locals we decided to try the Mayfair in Coconut Grove for the weekend. First the positive. The price is great for the location $160 including taxes & fees. (right in the heart of everything). The rooms are spacious with a well stocked mini bar & nice sized TV.
1. The staff is hit or miss in terms of service and pleasantness. The shinning stars here are the front desk lady that checked us out (Surey) and believe it or not the cabana boy on Saturday Aug 1 at 5pm. He was spectacular (Sedly, I think)
2. The pool bar was crowed and only 1 bar tender, drinks where over priced and not well made, food was mediocre at best and a drink took a lifetime to get.
3. The relief bartender gives back improper change and was clueless and unprofessional.
4. The ad that brought us to the pool bar said Happy Hour Daily 5-7pm, which they did not honor and said it was only at the downstairs restaurant.
5. We took our group of eight to the downstairs restaurant, sat down for drinks and food and possibly better service to learn that they only honored happy hour at the bar.
6. Although the room was nice the view wasn't and one of the draws of this hotel for locals is the in room Jacuzzi which was not working.
7. If you ride the elevator take a towel with you because the a/c is broken there and it felt like a sauna.
8. When we arrived at 3:30pm the room wasn't ready which rarely happens at hotels. We were ensured it would be ready by 4pm and that we would be called. It was not and we were not called as promised.
In short, there is a leadership issue here. The feeling I left with was that of "If you don't like, go elsewhere" rather than" what can we do resolve this and have you return". If a room and easy access to the great surrounding areas are all you need this place is great. Take my advice however, spend you dining and drinking dollars elsewhere and don't expect to treated that well. Also focus on reviewers that have more than just one review and its about this hotel.
If you want advice on hotels in this area which offer a complete package feel feel free to message me.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Among The Most Exciting and Luxurious Coconut Grove Miami Hotels. Thrill to the excitement and vibrancy of South Florida - while enjoying the personalized service and stylish ambiance of a hip boutique hotel. Located in colorful Coconut Grove, a few miles from the beaches and downtown Miami, the Mayfair Hotel & Spa is in the heart of world-famous shopping, dining, and attractions. Admire our Miami Florida hotel's unique lobby, an Art Nouveau treat featuring a mini-rotunda, curved walls, and impressive columns. Stretch out in superior luxury in one of our 179 suites-most with private balconies and Japanese Hot Tubs. Our four-diamond Miami hotel rooms offer attentive service, upscale amenities, and blissful tranquility, in a sensual setting. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Priceline, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Agoda and Jetsetter so you can book your Mayfair Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mayfair Hotel Miami
- Mayfair Hotel And Spa
- Mayfair Hotel Coconut Grove
- Mayfair Coconut Grove