“Dissappointed” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #55 of 113 Hotels in Miami
Phoenix, Arizona
“Dissappointed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

The Hotel is beautiful and in a nice area. I like the availability of lots of shops and favorite taco stand.... but overpriced top floor bar for what is offered... on top of it I was overbilled $311 for my stay. I stay here 4 times a year for business and now I have my doubts...

• Stayed June 2015, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

My wife and I had a wonderful stay at the MayFair Hotel. The front desk director Jose was very accommodating along with his staff Juan, Jonathan and Jennifer. The room was great with lots of space; we had a suite on the 5th floor. The location has plenty of shops and restaurants to visit. You will not be disappointed to choose this landmark hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for the 5th floor rooms.
  • Stayed July 2015, traveled as a couple
florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

only 3 plus: great location opposite Coco Walk, overall nice Staff @ desk / valet/ bellman; clean rooftop pool. Everything else is a minus: first room had to be changes for mildew stink and rust mirrors; second room(very spacious) was dirty from day one, lizards in the room, lizard and mice poop all over also after Manager promised deep cleaning. Also: rooms have no sound insulation, so you can hear traffic (luckily not too much); on weekends get ready to hear loud live music till midnight; the free WIFI is the slowest ever, so you will end up using your own phone data; A/C thermostat was not working; refill of towels/toiletry poor. Rooms often get cleaned after 4.00 pm, but the day of departure had to check out at 2.30 with a toddler and was not offered changing room. Restaurant and pool bar: a joke; we waited couple of hours to get a pizza with only 8 people in house. A pity, because with good management (not available on weekends), it would be a nice convenient spot.

Room Tip: corner suites
  • Stayed July 2015, traveled with family
Edmonton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

My family and I stayed at Mayfair hotel and spa from July 19th to 23rd. This was our first time in Miami. From the point we when we arrived we were greeted with exceptional customer service. We were greeted in a welcoming manner right from when we got to the hotel. We arrived 2 hours earlier than check in and there were no rooms available at that time but the front desk agent was more than helpful in giving us options. Both Jonathan's always had more idea's on what we can do. They were offering us advice based on our likes. They went the extra mile to help us out with Miami's attractions. The 2 front desk agents that worked the night shift were just as exceptional in giving us a wake up call and and telling us the go 2 places at night time. I have never seen such great customer service prior to this. I highly recommend this hotel due to its great customer service because weather it would be the bartender beside the pool or the waiter they were more than happy to have you as a guest and more than happy to assist you and serve you. Also, if you want to go for a tropical field then this is the hotel your looking for.

• Stayed July 2015, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

Checked in at 12 and was told the room would be ready in an hour. Went back, no not ready, another hour! So went back again and was told no still not ready to which I questioned this. Was told it was just not ready. Went back at 4 and what do you know the room was ready. There was a queue behind us with rooms not ready who all were given a drink to apologise - not us!!! No explanation and just rudeness. Room and hotel as lovely. We had a spa on our balcony which charged to be filled. We stayed for 3 nights and our room was serviced each day at 5.45 - not happy, complained to housekeeping but nothing was done. There was broken glass in the corridor for 3 days. On explaining this on checking out the rude man on reception said it was our duty to tell them. I said no sorry, it's the hotels job to do their own work, not us do theirs. The valet drivers on the other hand were delightful and got tipped accordingly. I also think ice is a standard in this spa hotel as there was a bucket in the room, so when requested the ice machine was told I would have to have room service! So I then paid for it as you have to tip everyone for moving!!! It's expensive and do t expect to be treated that way. Would never go back.

Room Tip: Upper floor. It's in a shopping area.
  • Stayed July 2015, traveled as a couple
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

Booked this hotel on Hotwire and was apprehensive after reading some of the nasty reviews. Couldn't have been happier. Room was spacious and spotless, sure some wear and tear but nothing to write a nasty comment about. The bathroom was spotless with a great shower. We didn't use the tub on the balcony so I can't comment, there was some dust due to renovations at the time, again nothing that would take away from our stay. The old features were just beautiful. The outdoor pool area was also nice and relaxing at the right time. We didn't have much interaction with staff other than on reception, who were friendly and accommodating. I would definitely recommend this hotel as a unique experience with a great location in coconut grove.

Room Tip: Ask if there are renovations going on and a room the other side of the hotel if that sort of noise b...
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
MayfairMgr, Manager at Mayfair Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 4 days ago
Dear Scudgie11,

Thank you for taking the time to share with us about your recent visit to Miami from such a beautiful country as Ireland is. We are certainly really happy to read that we were able to exceed your expectations and that we have earned a loyal guest.
We truly hope to have you back in our great city in the near future as we look forward to continue to provide excellent service to make you feel warm and welcome.

Warm regards,
Jose Rico-Arango
Director of Front Office
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

I booked at this hotel with the expectation of relaxation but instead had a day of stress. I booked through Priceline. I noted the date of the booking was Wednesday instead Thursday. I booked late night close to Midnight on Wednesday but wanted my spa day for Thursday.

When I called I was placed on hold and rang back to front desk with no help. So since I live nearby I decided to visit to clear everything up. But to my shock it was the worst treatment I had ever experienced in my life. After talking to the "Director of the Front Office" Jose he was condescending, dismissive & sarcastic. Almost happy that I lost my money due to a day difference error. He said go talk Priceline they have to help you. Which I did. They told me the hotel already requested my payment. It was up to upper management to make it right.

Point is they charged me and I NEVER stayed at their hotel! On top of everything they treated bad and we're really rude!! Do yourself a favor and go somewhere else!!

Stayed July 2015
MayfairMgr, Manager at Mayfair Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 5 days ago
Dear TripAdvisor Member,

We are certainly sorry to read that you were not able to stay in our Iconic property however with the occupancy levels as high as they have been in the past week unfortunately it was not possible to provide a complementary room. We understand that people make mistakes and we are not a company that preys on such, however third parties reservations can not be undone by the hotel and as I'm sure it was mentioned to you the best option was to contact the company that the reservation was made with and try to have the error corrected.

Jose Rico-Arango.