“"Idealy placed"” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #54 of 110 Hotels in Miami
Alicante, Spain
“"Idealy placed"”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

We enjoyed our stay at the Mayfair and I have to say that your staff are your greatest asset, they were polite and helpful at all times throughout the hotel at every level. Our overall view of the hotel is that it is a beautiful design but is in need of some TLC. More information about the hotel ( restaurants and facilities) in the rooms would also be helpful.Never the less I will say again we enjoyed our stay and our time in Miami.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Austin, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

I think I would stay here again but its hard to say. I didn't sleep well. Both nights the hotel hosts what seem to be frat parties up on the roof so we never got to enjoy the roof pool at all. Loud music all day and into the night from the roof or neighbors ... not sure. Party area. Otherwise, not so bad but I did not realize it DOES NOT HAVE PARKING! You have to valet at $28/day. AND, the website photos are VERY misleading by showing photos of the bay in the background. That's an outright lie. On the flip side the hotel was clean and staff was friendly. Good restaurant attached and the location is primo. Not enough lighting in the bathroom though. Not even close!

Room Tip: Ask for good bathroom lighting
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
MayfairMgr, Manager at Mayfair Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 4 days ago
Dear Trish W,

Thank you for taking the time to share with us about your recent visit to our property, we are glad to read that you would choose to come back to our property in the near future.
We regret to read that you weren't able to enjoy our rooftop bar and pool which are one of the great amenities our property has to offer. The noise is a concerning fact that we are taking very serious and every time that there's an event at the rooftop we have our security team overseeing noise levels, please accept our apologies for any inconvenience that the music from the rooftop might had caused.
We truly hope to have you back in our property in the near future as our entire staff will be willing and able to welcome you and to make you feel at home.

Warm regards,
Delray Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

The Mayfair was recommended by a friend that knew the area well. I went for a one night stay with 2 friends for a local function. Everyone was helpful, professional and courteous. Lobby was cozy and nicely decorated. What blew me away was the room. Marble spacious bath, dressing area, 2 Queen beds (TV) with french doors that separated from the sitting area with sofa, table and chairs TV. AND an outside very private veranda with hot tub (must say I have never seen that before) and comfortable seating. I want to visit again soon!

Room Tip: Make sure you have a veranda! Although I believe the majority of rooms do
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends
MayfairMgr, Manager at Mayfair Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 5 days ago
Dear Linda H,

Thank you for taking the time to share with us about your recent visit to our property and we are delighted to read that you found out about our Iconic property through a friend of yours.
Our entire staff is very proud of our property and its very different approach in relation to the layout of the rooms and the spaciousness that it has and we love to read when our guest are able to enjoy such.
We truly hope to have earned a loyal guest and can not wait to have you back, maybe you'll get to enjoy the Japanese hot tub on your next trip, in any case we are truly happy to read that you enjoyed your visit.

Indiana Dunes
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This is a beautiful property that enhances the experience of a 4 star hotel. The staff is friendly and professional. The rooms and bathrooms are of high quality as are the products. The open air atrium with surrounding statuaries is truly unique and its a pleasure going to and from the room. You will not be dissppointed. The pool area is worth a trip to the roof.

Room Tip: Ask for outside view with balcony.
Lake Mary, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This was the single worst hotel experience that I have had. I travel very extensively and regularly seek specialty and boutique properties. The Mayfair was a mistake in every way. Upon arrival, we were overwhelmed by extremely loud rap music emanating from seemingly every area in the hotel. I shrugged it off as a busy party day in Coconut Grove. Little did I know that this rooftop pool party would drag on and on until nearly 4am!!! While checking in to the "Neptune Suite," I noticed that the front desk staff was less than eager to please. In fact, they seemed irritated and put out with everything. I asked for a roll-away and was told that it would be sent right up ($30 fee, no problem). I eventually had to call down again five hours later as it still had not arrived. When it did show, it was the size of a toddler bed -- no joke!!! Back to post check in, we dropped our bags in the musty-smelling and very dirty (yes, visible dirt everywhere) room and decided to go check out the much-touted rooftop pool and bar. We did not make it past the partially clad and passed out teenager blocking the entrance to the pool. He was literally drooling on the floor and his friend was on her cell phone trying to get help. They both looked about 15-18 years of age. There was no staff visible so we mentioned the teenagers need for assistance to the front desk clerk on our way out. Obviously, we gave up on the pool and headed down in the elevator where another partygoer joined us. He said "that kid was sooooo wasted, haha." This man appeared pretty messed up himself and was lacking appropriate clothing and did not have shoes on (we later saw him in a nearby park frequented by homeless individuals). We gave up on the hotel and went out for dinner at Cocowalk. We came back a few hours later (about 9 pm) to the music still blaring and even more intoxicated and soaking wet teens all over the hotel in various levels of undress. The hotel was filthy to begin with with dirt, spider webs, trash, and visible mold everywhere, but continued to get worse. We rarely saw any staff. The visit culminated in a 3:48 am call to the front desk because the "party" going on in the room upstairs began to sound dangerous (furniture being thrown, etc.). I must confess that I travel with ear plugs just in case. Despite wearing air-traffic-control-grade earplugs, the noise and pounding was so loud that the walls and sliding glass doors shook. The solitary security guard came in to our room to try "figure out where it was coming from" and informed us that he can't do anything about it because he is the only one here and management does not care!!! Needless to say, we did not get one moment of sleep which made for a tough day for our eight hour event the following day. I attempted to speak with the front desk clerk at checkout about all of the problems. He said "oh"...no kidding, no apology, no concern for customer service, etc. I was so fed up that I did not even push when he stated that the hotel was "always full." I guess they do not care about guests once they have purchased the room. The hotel is in a busy area and there is no monitoring of who is coming and going. Anyone can enter this hotel. The "suite" (term used very loosely) opens to the outside where anyone could gain access. The rooms themselves are large, but very, very dated and filthy. As I said in my title, this reminded me of a fraternity /flop house. I love to have a good time and love parties, but this was complete insanity and riddled with underage drinking and drug use. Please do not waste your time and money at this hotel.

Room Tip: I do not know if there could be a quiet room in this hotel with the court-yard setup and extensive t...
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
MayfairMgr, Manager at Mayfair Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 6 days ago
Dear Dana S,

Thank you for taking the time to share with us about your recent visit property, we are extremely disappointed to read of the many issues that arose during your visit.
As many other properties in Miami as the weather heats up, pool parties become something of the normal however those parties should not intrude with our guests' ability to roam in our property and enjoy the hotel and for that we would like to offer our most sincere apologies.
In relation to the front desk staff and their lack of sympathy, I would like to share with you that such will not be tolerated and we will make sure that our staff is warm and welcoming at all times.
We sincerely hope to have an opportunity to show you and for you to enjoy the real Mayfair experience as I am sure that we will regain your confidence for future visits.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

Very nice, very clean, very nice staff, wonderful decorations, close by stores and restaurants, very helpful, always on time with things we asked for. Nice rooftop view, clean pool, nice bar by the pool

Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Dear Cindy1402,

Thank you for taking the time to share with us about your recent visit to our property and we are delighted to read that our staff and property met your expectations.
We truly hope to have earned a loyal guest that will continue to visit us in the near future whenever your travels bring you to our wonderful area.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Beautiful place with tons of character. I had a wonderful corner room with lots of space. The bedding and room/bathroom themselves were very clean. There were just a few issues but I would definitely stay there again: a couple of roaches (hey, that's Florida) I had the pleasure of meeting (and then stepping on) in my room, the marijuana paraphernalia and 25 cigarette butts left on the balcony in the planters --those things look like they are NEVER cleaned, the severe lack of towels at the pool-- I think they just can't keep up. They seem short-staffed. Also, terrible Wi-Fi-- do not expect to be able to work from here.

Anyway, I like I said, I would stay there again. Nice place. Very nice rooftop pool with a great view.

Room Tip: corner room was nice. 310 was loud at all hours from the street below
Dear Stephanie B,

Thank you for taking the time to share with us about your recent visit to our property, we are pleased to read that our accommodations were up to your liking and we are very excited about having you back in our hotel in the near future.

Director of Front Office

Been to Mayfair Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!