“Husbands 50th Birthday and Miami Open Tennis” 5 of 5 stars

4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3000 Florida Ave., Coconut Grove, Miami, FL 33133   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #54 of 112 Hotels in Miami
Tinton Falls, New Jersey
“Husbands 50th Birthday and Miami Open Tennis”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Mayfair Hotel and Spa is situated perfectly in Coconut Grove. Shopping , restaurants and public tennis courts are at your fingertips. Close enough to South Beach but far enough away from the craziness. Perfect location if attending the Miami Open Tennis Tournament. Super attentive staff with great knowledge of the Miami area. Always a friendly "goodby and welcome back as you left and returned to the hotel. If tennis is your game, beautiful public courts are 3 blocks away and ask the front desk for Andres the local pros number. Great instructor. Last but not least I want to say "Thank You" to Jose Arango, Director of Front Office, for going above and beyond to meet our requests. Jose you have a beautiful hotel and a great staff that you should be very proud of! Can't wait to return next year if not sooner! You'll be receiving my phone call very soon I hope.

Room Tip: All rooms are very nice and large. Great bathrooms!!
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
MayfairMgr, Manager at Mayfair Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, yesterday
Dear MoniqueMizzi,

Thank you for taking the time to share with us about your recent visit to our property and we are delighted to read that you were able to enjoy your stay.
Our location is truly second to none and we are extremely proud of calling this great property our home away from home, we can not wait to have you back really soon.

Director of Front Office

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
King City, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Excited about Miami...Walking into the room, a suite, crunching under my feet and within two steps, blackness underneath! I don't know if they know what a mop is? The bathroom was at first view, dated and in serious need of updating but mould inside the tub and ceiling made me take a serious look around in the very dim lighting. A TV is not an attraction for me so the cleanliness or lack their of stood out. I would NEVER use the Japanese Hot Tub as the ring of others body oils became a permanent ring at the top. I was participating in a business meeting and could not stay connected to the internet.
The catering service was very good and very polite but didn't improve my overall impression of the facility.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled on business
MayfairMgr, Manager at Mayfair Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, yesterday
Dear Ron B,

Thank you for taking the time to share with us about your recent visit to our property, we are disappointed to read that the first impression of your room did not meet your expectations.
Our housekeeping department has just finished a very detail deep cleaning of the floors of every hotel room in our property and we are certain that issues like yours are things of the past; we are very sorry however that you had to deal with such.
We take our guest's feedback very serious and will be taking the proper measurements to make sure that our guest see and feel the cleanliness that is expected from our iconic property.
We truly hope to have an opportunity to regain your confidence sometime in the near future as we hope to have back in our great hotel.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

What a complete and utter disappointment. We stayed here the night of our wedding, even though we live in Miami, and really should have just driven home to sleep. I am not exaggerating when I say that the water pressure in our cruise cabin the following week was ten times betters than in our embarrassing "Parlor Suite 343" (I challenge you, Mr. Manager, to prove me wrong - as I took video of the drizzle coming from the shower because it was so incomprehensible). Although completely not the fault of the Mayfair, the 8:00 am construction time of the new buildings surrounding the Mayfair made it impossible to sleep in. As another user worded "60s Tiki Style" to describe the hotel, I respectfull disagree and would simply say "dated" if asked to for a description. Unfortunately, my visitors from now forward will hear "anywhere but" if they ask me about the Mayfair.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled with family
Delray Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

I go to the Mayfair on a regular basis as a quick getaway. Every time I am there I want to stay longer. The service is absolutely amazing from the minute you set foot on the property. The valets are wonderful, the front desk staff is terrific and the staff at the restaurant is so welcoming. We arrived to the restaurant long after they stopped serving breakfast but they welcomed us in like we were in their home. There was nothing they wouldn't do for us! The rooms are beautiful and clean ( very spacious) and the location is perfect if you want to hang out in coconut grove. We took a cab to south beach and it took 15 minutes more or less and it cost $40. We took Uber back to the hotel and that was only $14!! I love this little gem of a hotel and the staff is the best I have found anywhere in the country.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled with family
MayfairMgr, Manager at Mayfair Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 4 days ago
Dear barbara67-11,

It is great to hear from our loyal guest and thank you for taking the time to share with us, our aim is to make you feel warm and welcome and we extremely happy to read that we have done so every time you stay with us.
We can not wait to have you back in the near future enjoying all of the amenities that our property has to offer.

McHenry, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I was very hesitant to book a stay due to the negative reviews I saw but I am so glad I did! This beautiful historic property is truly a destination. I went for the night with a friend and we are already planning our next stay. This hotel is the perfect way to experience south Florida!

• Stayed March 2015, traveled with friends
MayfairMgr, Manager at Mayfair Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear Emily T,

Thank you for taking the time to share with us about your recent visit to our property and now that you have stayed in our hotel and we have eased your mind, I hope that we have earned a loyal guest.
We take tremendous pride in our property and we love to read from guest that take in its grandness and full potential.
We can not wait to have you back in our property enjoying all of the great amenities that the area and our hotel has to offer.

Warm regards,
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Very cool, not predictable boutique hotel with an awesome rooftop pool & bar. The rooms have lots of space & closets. The staff is courteous, professional & friendly. The food is good, too! Easy access to walking along the bay --yet close to the Miami airport!

Stayed March 2015, traveled solo
Dear Texasusie,

Thank you for taking the time to share with us about your recent visit to our property, we are delighted to read that our property and staff exceeded your expectations.
We sincerely hope to have earned a loyal guest that will continue to visit our property to get away from the typical every day life and gets submersed into our oasis in the city.

Warm regards,
Brewster, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

While I spent three (3) days commuting to West Palm Beach, to take some depositions, my wife enjoyed the Spa, the pool and the neighborhood. When the schedule allowed, we toured the Fairchild Gardens' Dale Chihuly exhibit, and the annual orchid show. We've been staying at the Mayfair ever since the Grand Bay, a local five (5) star hotel, closed in 2008. Like all properties it's had its ups and downs, but has maintained its dignity. The staff are excellent, the rooms are spacious and clean, the food is good, the hotel is in the heart of Coconut Grove. What more could you ask for ?

• Stayed March 2015, traveled on business
Dear John M,

Thank you for taking the time to share with us about your recent visit to our property and hearing from our loyal guest is always very rewarding.
Our property's location is one of our top amenities due to the grand variety of venues around our hotel that our guest could visit, most of them could be visited without having to have a vehicle.
We hope to have you and your wife back in the near future enjoying all of the great amenities our hotel and the great area of Coconut Grove has to offer.

Director of Front Office

Been to Mayfair Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!