“My FAVORITE hotel!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #54 of 111 Hotels in Miami
Delray Beach, Florida
“My FAVORITE hotel!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I go to the Mayfair on a regular basis as a quick getaway. Every time I am there I want to stay longer. The service is absolutely amazing from the minute you set foot on the property. The valets are wonderful, the front desk staff is terrific and the staff at the restaurant is so welcoming. We arrived to the restaurant long after they stopped serving breakfast but they welcomed us in like we were in their home. There was nothing they wouldn't do for us! The rooms are beautiful and clean ( very spacious) and the location is perfect if you want to hang out in coconut grove. We took a cab to south beach and it took 15 minutes more or less and it cost $40. We took Uber back to the hotel and that was only $14!! I love this little gem of a hotel and the staff is the best I have found anywhere in the country.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
McHenry, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

I was very hesitant to book a stay due to the negative reviews I saw but I am so glad I did! This beautiful historic property is truly a destination. I went for the night with a friend and we are already planning our next stay. This hotel is the perfect way to experience south Florida!

• Stayed March 2015, traveled with friends
MayfairMgr, Manager at Mayfair Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Dear Emily T,

Thank you for taking the time to share with us about your recent visit to our property and now that you have stayed in our hotel and we have eased your mind, I hope that we have earned a loyal guest.
We take tremendous pride in our property and we love to read from guest that take in its grandness and full potential.
We can not wait to have you back in our property enjoying all of the great amenities that the area and our hotel has to offer.

Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

Very cool, not predictable boutique hotel with an awesome rooftop pool & bar. The rooms have lots of space & closets. The staff is courteous, professional & friendly. The food is good, too! Easy access to walking along the bay --yet close to the Miami airport!

Stayed March 2015, traveled solo
MayfairMgr, Manager at Mayfair Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 4 days ago
Dear Texasusie,

Thank you for taking the time to share with us about your recent visit to our property, we are delighted to read that our property and staff exceeded your expectations.
We sincerely hope to have earned a loyal guest that will continue to visit our property to get away from the typical every day life and gets submersed into our oasis in the city.

Brewster, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

While I spent three (3) days commuting to West Palm Beach, to take some depositions, my wife enjoyed the Spa, the pool and the neighborhood. When the schedule allowed, we toured the Fairchild Gardens' Dale Chihuly exhibit, and the annual orchid show. We've been staying at the Mayfair ever since the Grand Bay, a local five (5) star hotel, closed in 2008. Like all properties it's had its ups and downs, but has maintained its dignity. The staff are excellent, the rooms are spacious and clean, the food is good, the hotel is in the heart of Coconut Grove. What more could you ask for ?

Dear John M,

Thank you for taking the time to share with us about your recent visit to our property and hearing from our loyal guest is always very rewarding.
Our property's location is one of our top amenities due to the grand variety of venues around our hotel that our guest could visit, most of them could be visited without having to have a vehicle.
We hope to have you and your wife back in the near future enjoying all of the great amenities our hotel and the great area of Coconut Grove has to offer.

Key West, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Great location, that's it! This is a very tired property in need of renovation and not a 4 start hotel. Of particular note was the $26 per day valet parking, plus tips. When the valet went for my car one evening he left the garage severely over revving the engine and burning the clutch on my BMW and delivered the car to me with a string burring smell. This was witnessed by the staff as well as the MOD and documented accordingly. I subsequently asked in a letter how the hotel would like me to proceed as I need to get the car checked out. I've been ignored 3 times in the last week. I'm not an opportunist looking for something for free, just need some accountability for the possible damage done to my car by their employee. The arrogant attitude of this hotel management is appalling. They don't care about you or any other guest. There are plenty of nice hotels in the Grove that would appreciate your business. This isn't one of them.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled with family
CaptFunk,

Our management team provided the proper documentation to our liability insurance and with all the details provided it was determined that there was no direct or accidental fault by our runner and was therefore rejected.

Mayfair Hotel and Spa Management
Fairview, OR
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I came here as part of a gathering, and after reading some reviews, I was a bit sceptical. However, I had a terrific experience. I loved the decor - it is definitely unique, maybe described best as "60s Tiki Chic". Lots of interesting design details everywhere. It's thematic, without feeling too much like Disneyland. Usually,. when travelling on a business trip, nothing is more deadly than the bland, sterile Raddison or Marriott or Courtyard. This place will stick in your brain, in a good way, but you have to just go with it! Suite includes 2 bath rooms and a extralarge jacuzzi tub. Front desk folks were great, car valets really friendly and responsive (though they could be overwhelmed with too much business around 7PM. Give it a shot!

Room Tip: Ask for a suite like #443 - its huge!
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled on business
MayfairMgr, Manager at Mayfair Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear Mike A,

Thank you for taking the time to share with us about your recent visit to our property, we are delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and that you were able to take in the grandness of our iconic property.
We sincerely hope to have an earned a loyal guest that will continue to stay with us every time you visit our wonderful city.

St. Petersburg, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Unsafe, unclean, overpriced establishment. I had to stay for a three day meeting. Upon my 9 pm arrival, the sliding glass door in my room was open with mosquitoes flying around, four of eight screws were missing from the door lock and of the four present, all were hanging off the wall hinge so the door could not be safely locked. The phone did not work, the towels were stained and the sheets were dirty. Twice I asked to speak with a manager and was rudely dismissed by front desk staff (once told to wait and 25 min later was told by another staff member that the manager was gone for the day). After two days of no response to my requests, I brought the phone to the front desk, emailed the hotel and asked for a reply from a manager. Laughingly, I received an email reply stating he tried calling my room and could not reach me! Really. Also, the fitness center seemed neglected. One of the treadmills had a tear down the mat and many of the free weights were lose and needed to be tightened. For more than $200 per night, I had to lay the robes on the bed so as not to touch the dirty sheets and sleep in my jacket. To put this in perspective, I have stayed on six continents over a 30 y span and have never once asked to speak with a manager!

Dear nonamechris,

After reading your review is easy to understand your disappointment as I would be upset as well if I was to received such a treatment.
I could share with you that we have embarked in an overhaul of the staff as well as the training methods that have been employed for new hires and we are very confident that our new approach will bring the results that are expected from a four diamond property.
We sincerely hope to have an opportunity to regain your confidence as our hotels moves forward into the next level of customer service.

Director of Front Office

Been to Mayfair Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!