“very nice ubication but badly managed” 3 of 5 stars

Mayfair Hotel & Spa
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3000 Florida Ave., Coconut Grove, Miami, FL 33133   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #55 of 110 Hotels in Miami
“very nice ubication but badly managed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

1 elevator not working during more that 10day of the stay
room cleaning very poor
telephones not properly working
safe blocked during more than 12h w/o anyone sent to the room
reception poorly staffed: not enough people for check out

Room Tip: not really sure
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Rochester, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

By far one of the best hotels I've stayed in. We got a really nice suite overlooking the city - it had 2 bathrooms! a big jacuzzi, a living room with tv, king bed with tv. Will definitely stay again when I go back!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Gainesville, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

The environment is perfect, especially at night. but there are no carpet in the room which I do not get used to. And the parking need extra fee. So I think if these can get improved, I will give them a five star. haha.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled with family
Laguna Niguel, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Just got back from our daughter's wedding and not happy with the Mayfair. Wish I had picked so many of the great hotels in the area. Tried to save a little money thinking there wasn't a difference. We checked in at 11pm from the airport. No staff to help with luggage. Didn't help with getting food or finding a place to get food. Half hour after checking in they phoned a number to order food and it was the wrong number. Didn't clean the room well. Didn't stock the room with more coffee or shampoo. Elevator takes forever. We were at the Sonesta and the Mutiny for wedding stuff and they were far superior. We had a rain storm and of course our hotel had no umbrellas. Really disappointed. The only bright spot was the waiter downstairs for breakfast couldn't have been nicer.

Room Tip: Don''t chose a room here.
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

the bedroom floor was always dirty, the room service was inefficient, no room service after 11pm, the front desk and guest service staff was not helpfull. Clearly the hotel has a management problem and I don't recommend.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled with family
Kingston, Jamaica
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

PLEASE READ THIS and DO NOT book to stay here. You will regret it, I promise you. I can't say enough bad things about this hotel and their staff.

I booked to stay here on my wedding night and they checked us into a room that hadn't even been cleaned!!!!!! There were dirty towels on the floor, garbage in the room, the bed was not made and clearly sheets were not changed. They told me there was nothing they could do because they were fully booked out that night and there was no manager there for me to speak to because it was after midnight. To put salt in the wound they offered us a complimentary continentel breakfast the next morning as their compensation - how insluting!! After receiving this insulting offer I asked to speak with the manager JOSE ARANGO who did not show the least bit of sympathy towards ruining our wedding night. He lied to my face about there being a "Do Not Disturb" sign on the door. As opposed to being apologetic, he was arguing with me about how they did nothing wrong. They showed ZERO sympathy towards us and said that since we stayed in the room they could not refund us our $400 spent on a dirty hotel room. I even tried to escalate the issue by emailing the head of the Mayfair. It has been a month since my wedding night and I still have not heard a response from anyone at the Mayfair - I find this to be so disrespectful.

Aside from ruining our wedding night by checking us into a dirty room, the floors were not clean (my feet turned black just from walking around the room) and it was super noisy!! It is all open air so you can hear everything from the hallways of each floor and all the noise in the lobby including the waterfall that runs all night - I got the worst sleep ever because all I heard was rushing water all night long.

This hotel is awful, awful, awful. They have the worst customer service I have honestly EVER experienced. They will lie to your face and they genuinely do not care about their customers, AT ALL. Ultimately we felt we were lied to by their staff, treated very unfairly and were just another number. Not only will I never forget this experience but I will never recommend this hotel to anyone. Unfortunately Mayfair Hotel and Spa ruined my wedding night and not only can they never makeup for that - they do not even care.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled as a couple
MayfairMgr, Manager at Mayfair Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Dear rr_dougall,

It is truly disappointing to read that your special night was spoiled by something that should be automatic in our hotel as it is to clean a room. Please accept our most sincere apologies as we are extremely embarrassed for this blonder.
We can only wish you nothing but the best in your new endeavor as a married couple and hope for you to have a happily life together.

Jose Rico-Arango
Director of Front Office
Pyla-sur-Mer, France
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

All is complicate in this hotel, dirty, noisy, houskeeping very bad, leave door customer open all the day, we paid for 2 Suite King size, we have had 1 Suite and 1 Standar room in arrival. Breakfast very expensive. Very bad experience, never never again.

Stayed February 2015, traveled with friends
Dear christophe l,

Thank you for taking the time to share with us about your recent visit to our property and I am extremely disappointed to read that we could not make your visit seamless.
I would like to share with you that our hotel is working tirelessly to make sure that our guest received the service that they expect.
I sincerely hope to have an opportunity to regain your confidence sometime in the near future and to show you the real Mayfair experience.

Jose Rico-Arango
Director of Front Office

Been to Mayfair Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!