“So disappointed” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #54 of 110 Hotels in Miami
Laguna Niguel, California
“So disappointed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Just got back from our daughter's wedding and not happy with the Mayfair. Wish I had picked so many of the great hotels in the area. Tried to save a little money thinking there wasn't a difference. We checked in at 11pm from the airport. No staff to help with luggage. Didn't help with getting food or finding a place to get food. Half hour after checking in they phoned a number to order food and it was the wrong number. Didn't clean the room well. Didn't stock the room with more coffee or shampoo. Elevator takes forever. We were at the Sonesta and the Mutiny for wedding stuff and they were far superior. We had a rain storm and of course our hotel had no umbrellas. Really disappointed. The only bright spot was the waiter downstairs for breakfast couldn't have been nicer.

Room Tip: Don''t chose a room here.
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

the bedroom floor was always dirty, the room service was inefficient, no room service after 11pm, the front desk and guest service staff was not helpfull. Clearly the hotel has a management problem and I don't recommend.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled with family
Kingston, Jamaica
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

PLEASE READ THIS and DO NOT book to stay here. You will regret it, I promise you. I can't say enough bad things about this hotel and their staff.

I booked to stay here on my wedding night and they checked us into a room that hadn't even been cleaned!!!!!! There were dirty towels on the floor, garbage in the room, the bed was not made and clearly sheets were not changed. They told me there was nothing they could do because they were fully booked out that night and there was no manager there for me to speak to because it was after midnight. To put salt in the wound they offered us a complimentary continentel breakfast the next morning as their compensation - how insluting!! After receiving this insulting offer I asked to speak with the manager JOSE ARANGO who did not show the least bit of sympathy towards ruining our wedding night. He lied to my face about there being a "Do Not Disturb" sign on the door. As opposed to being apologetic, he was arguing with me about how they did nothing wrong. They showed ZERO sympathy towards us and said that since we stayed in the room they could not refund us our $400 spent on a dirty hotel room. I even tried to escalate the issue by emailing the head of the Mayfair. It has been a month since my wedding night and I still have not heard a response from anyone at the Mayfair - I find this to be so disrespectful.

Aside from ruining our wedding night by checking us into a dirty room, the floors were not clean (my feet turned black just from walking around the room) and it was super noisy!! It is all open air so you can hear everything from the hallways of each floor and all the noise in the lobby including the waterfall that runs all night - I got the worst sleep ever because all I heard was rushing water all night long.

This hotel is awful, awful, awful. They have the worst customer service I have honestly EVER experienced. They will lie to your face and they genuinely do not care about their customers, AT ALL. Ultimately we felt we were lied to by their staff, treated very unfairly and were just another number. Not only will I never forget this experience but I will never recommend this hotel to anyone. Unfortunately Mayfair Hotel and Spa ruined my wedding night and not only can they never makeup for that - they do not even care.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled as a couple
Pyla-sur-Mer, France
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

All is complicate in this hotel, dirty, noisy, houskeeping very bad, leave door customer open all the day, we paid for 2 Suite King size, we have had 1 Suite and 1 Standar room in arrival. Breakfast very expensive. Very bad experience, never never again.

Stayed February 2015, traveled with friends
Miami, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Just had an event at the Mayfair last week, with attendees flying from all over the world. Even though the hotel needs some renovation, its uniqueness, location and its the banquet staff really made the meeting a huge success. As the person in charge of the event, it was a real peace of mind to know you had responsive staff to cater to your needs, or changes that usually happen. From the General Manager to the valet staff, I felt everyone was there to ensure our meeting was a success. Furthermore, Coconut Grove still has great charm and many places you can walk to.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled on business
MayfairMgr, Manager at Mayfair Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 6 days ago
Dear ANGELINA A,

Thank you for taking the time to share with us about your group's recent experience in our property and we can not be more satisfied from reading that our entire staff made you feel at peace.
It is our goal to exceed our guests' expectations and specially when they trust us with their groups, we sincerely hope to continue to host you and your groups in the future.

Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We had a large group of VIPs from all over Central America plus high level US govt and defense representatives stay at the hotel . My experience with Ms. Maria Elena Acosta, I Senior Corporate Sales & Group Manager was nothing short of OURSTANDING! She was very flexible and gave great customer service to me as the point of contact for my US government organization. No matter what I asked for, in terms of changes to reservations, even last minute ones, Ms. Acosta was amenable and made things happen for us. Thank you Mayfair Hotel and Spa !

• Stayed January 2015, traveled on business
Dear subiratsluis,

Thank you for taking the time to share with us about your recent experience in our property and we are thrilled to read that Mariaelena exceeded your expectations.
We sincerely hope to have the opportunity to continue to host your groups in our property as we would love to continue to earned your confidence in our staff with our outstanding service.

Warm regards,
Florianopolis, SC
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I had to call three times to front desk because there was a building, some work-construction, in the room above mine. They were hitting and drilling the wall. It was from 8am until 11am. Couldn't sleep at all. On the last call, the attendant told me that it wasn't in the Hotel, which was completely untrue... Disrespectful and shameful. Not to mention that when I arrive for check-in, they didn't have my reservation, even showing my e-mail confirmation. Had to wait for 20+ minutes.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled solo
MayfairMgr, Manager at Mayfair Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear Gabriel B,

Thank you for taking the time to share with us about your recent visit to our property and I can not begin to express how disappointed we are after reading about your experience.
I could start by telling you that the only work being done in our property is the updating of our elevators which is not noisy at all, however the Mayfair complex is under renovation. It is very unfortunate to read that you were woken up so early, the complex has permits that allows them to begin their work at 8:00 a.m. and as much as we try to work with them to allow our guest to have some extra time to sleep at times we can not control their schedule, but I could assure you that our staff has no reason to lie as anyone could go outside our hotel and clearly see that the work is not part of our hotel.
We want to sincerely apologize for the inconveniences that you may have encountered and we sincerely hope to have an opportunity to regain your confidence sometime in the near future.

Director of Front Office

Been to Mayfair Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!