“Stay Vacation” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #73 of 129 hotels in Miami
Coral Gables, Florida, United States
“Stay Vacation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Service was very good, room was great, pool area is very cool. Bar tenders at the pool pour great drinks. Sunday morning breakfast at the hotel was great, we enjoyed our entire stay. There is also lots to do in the area.

Room Tip: room with outside Jacuzzi are the best.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

82 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Goshen, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

My wife an I were looking for a weekend getaway to take some alone time away from the kids. We were very disappointed with our stay here. Our room was very dated with old furniture and a view overlooking shopping stores. The patio seemed like an old bachelor hang-out with a hot tub that was sticky and full of dust. The chaise lounge on the patio seemed to be yellowing. The closet door seemed to jam and service here was mediocre. We will not return here.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Miami Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW via mobile

This is my second stay here, I felt it was even better than before. The staff is friendly, the hotel exceptional clean and the pool deck is amazing. I love the Mayfair. Thank you and see you soon on my next trip to Miami.

• Stayed August 2014
MayfairMgr, Manager at Mayfair Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Dear kcr1609,

It is great to hear from a loyal guest and we are very proud to read that our staff made you feel warm and welcomed.
We sincerely hope to continue having you visit us and our Iconic property and enjoying all the great amenities.

Scottsdale, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

My husband and I live in Phoenix, but we're originally from Miami. We came to town and planned on having a get together with all of our friends and family on the rooftop bar. Unfortunately, the weather didn't cooperate! Fortunately, the staff quickly helped by setting up tables & chairs at the Spartico for over 25 people! Everything turned out so beautifully!! And beyond that, the Mayfair was absolutely gorgeous!! We loved everything about our deluxe suite!!

• Stayed August 2014
Dear Spaul333,

We are thrilled to read that your visit was everything that you hoped for and we are truly thankful that you chose our property to come back home.
Our staff at Spartico is truly welcoming and we are extremely proud of those guys and the work they do, it is exceptional and we love to hear from our guest recognizing such.
We sincerely hope to have earned a loyal guest and to have you back in our property in the near future, enjoying all of the amenities that our Iconic property has to offer.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We stayed at this hotel for my husbands 30th birthday present. The location we thought was awesome, there was everything we needed within walking distance (food, bars, shops, car rental). The hotel seemed lovely, and yes we did stay from Friday night to Monday afternoon, but I must say we didnt spend a lot of time at our hotel. The pool looked beautiful and all of the staff was more than eagar to help with any of our needs. The same goes for the hotel restaurants that we did not dine in. We chose to drive 20-30 minutes and explore Miami. Overall a very good experience with this Hotel.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
MayfairMgr, Manager at Mayfair Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 6 days ago
Dear nicvit131,

Thank you for taking the time to share with us about your recent stay in our property and for choosing our property to celebrate such an special moment. We are delighted in reading that our property and accommodations exceeded your expectations.
We sincerely hope to have earned a loyal guest and hope to have you back in our property and this time enjoying all the great amenities our hotel has to offer.

Miami, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I stayed at this hotel for 3 days in July We encountered a few issues. First, ,I booked through Groupon. I was charged taxes on hotel side at time of check in as well as at time of booking by groupon. I contacted both parties and was continuously bounced back between the parties.Till this day , I have no resolution from either side and I have paid double tax!!! I think it's illegal to charge taxes twice on the same product and as far as I am concerned Mayfair agreed to the deal on Groupon, so I shouldn't have been charged by the hotel..since they are ultimately receiving those funds minus the groupon marketing fee...

The room we were checked into was filled with dead bees...turns out their was a hive outside the window. We were moved into another room..no insects this time..but we did encounter dirty floors(my feet were filthy after being in the room barefoot ) and the air conditioner only cooled in part of our suite. We also encountered plumbing issues in one of the other rooms in my party. On a positive note, I will say that most of the staff at the Mayfair are very customer service oriented. Kevin , the concierge/bell hop is a great example of this. He always had a smile on his face and was ready to help us with any issues we encountered or questions we had. Mayfair , don't loose your charm...keep it clean :-)

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
MayfairMgr, Manager at Mayfair Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear MiamiJA2012,

Thank you for taking the time to share with us about your recent visit to our property and we sincerely hope that you were able to enjoy your time in our iconic hotel.
We would like to thank you for your patience while encountering those hiccups that were the pluming and the housekeeping issues.
In relation to the bees, mother nature has a way to throw curve balls our way and we are very thankful that the bees were not a bigger issue.
Once again we would like to thank you for choosing our hotel to celebrate such an special occasion and we truly hope that we have earned a loyal guest for years to come.

Miami, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

So, I book a suite for the weekend, Friday-Sunday (Friday was my birthday). On Saturday afternoon I smelled a strong scent of marijuana. I called the front desk to inform them and ask them to send someone to our floor to investigate. Then again on Sunday morning I smelled it again. I called again down to the front desk this time and asked them to send someone to our room because it was coming through our vents. THEY NEVER DID. When I bought it to the manager, Desmond's attention all he said was that he was sorry and that if they found anything in the room next to ours, they would pay a $2500 fee. That did NOTHING to rectify my ruined birthday weekend. Needless to say, I did not enjoy my stay there.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Becky V,

Thank you for taking the time to share with us about your recent visit to our property and we are truly sorry that the inconsideration of other people did not allow you to enjoy our wonderful property.
I would like to share that unfortunately the hotel can not make any assumptions in relation as of to whom might be smoking in our rooms and that's the reason why we need actual facts to charge a guest for the smoking fee.
We sincerely hope to have an opportunity to regain your confidence and we trust that whenever you come back to our property we will exceed your expectations.

Director of Front Office

Been to Mayfair Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!