“A great second stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #56 of 114 Hotels in Miami
Miami Beach, Florida
“A great second stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2014

This is my second stay here, I felt it was even better than before. The staff is friendly, the hotel exceptional clean and the pool deck is amazing. I love the Mayfair. Thank you and see you soon on my next trip to Miami.

• Stayed August 2014
MayfairMgr, Manager at Mayfair Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, August 17, 2014
Dear kcr1609,

It is great to hear from a loyal guest and we are very proud to read that our staff made you feel warm and welcomed.
We sincerely hope to continue having you visit us and our Iconic property and enjoying all the great amenities.

Director of Front Office

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Scottsdale, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I live in Phoenix, but we're originally from Miami. We came to town and planned on having a get together with all of our friends and family on the rooftop bar. Unfortunately, the weather didn't cooperate! Fortunately, the staff quickly helped by setting up tables & chairs at the Spartico for over 25 people! Everything turned out so beautifully!! And beyond that, the Mayfair was absolutely gorgeous!! We loved everything about our deluxe suite!!

• Stayed August 2014
Dear Spaul333,

We are thrilled to read that your visit was everything that you hoped for and we are truly thankful that you chose our property to come back home.
Our staff at Spartico is truly welcoming and we are extremely proud of those guys and the work they do, it is exceptional and we love to hear from our guest recognizing such.
We sincerely hope to have earned a loyal guest and to have you back in our property in the near future, enjoying all of the amenities that our Iconic property has to offer.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2014

We stayed at this hotel for my husbands 30th birthday present. The location we thought was awesome, there was everything we needed within walking distance (food, bars, shops, car rental). The hotel seemed lovely, and yes we did stay from Friday night to Monday afternoon, but I must say we didnt spend a lot of time at our hotel. The pool looked beautiful and all of the staff was more than eagar to help with any of our needs. The same goes for the hotel restaurants that we did not dine in. We chose to drive 20-30 minutes and explore Miami. Overall a very good experience with this Hotel.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
MayfairMgr, Manager at Mayfair Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, August 14, 2014
Dear nicvit131,

Thank you for taking the time to share with us about your recent stay in our property and for choosing our property to celebrate such an special moment. We are delighted in reading that our property and accommodations exceeded your expectations.
We sincerely hope to have earned a loyal guest and hope to have you back in our property and this time enjoying all the great amenities our hotel has to offer.

Miami, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014

I stayed at this hotel for 3 days in July We encountered a few issues. First, ,I booked through Groupon. I was charged taxes on hotel side at time of check in as well as at time of booking by groupon. I contacted both parties and was continuously bounced back between the parties.Till this day , I have no resolution from either side and I have paid double tax!!! I think it's illegal to charge taxes twice on the same product and as far as I am concerned Mayfair agreed to the deal on Groupon, so I shouldn't have been charged by the hotel..since they are ultimately receiving those funds minus the groupon marketing fee...

The room we were checked into was filled with dead bees...turns out their was a hive outside the window. We were moved into another room..no insects this time..but we did encounter dirty floors(my feet were filthy after being in the room barefoot ) and the air conditioner only cooled in part of our suite. We also encountered plumbing issues in one of the other rooms in my party. On a positive note, I will say that most of the staff at the Mayfair are very customer service oriented. Kevin , the concierge/bell hop is a great example of this. He always had a smile on his face and was ready to help us with any issues we encountered or questions we had. Mayfair , don't loose your charm...keep it clean :-)

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
MayfairMgr, Manager at Mayfair Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, August 12, 2014
Dear MiamiJA2012,

Thank you for taking the time to share with us about your recent visit to our property and we sincerely hope that you were able to enjoy your time in our iconic hotel.
We would like to thank you for your patience while encountering those hiccups that were the pluming and the housekeeping issues.
In relation to the bees, mother nature has a way to throw curve balls our way and we are very thankful that the bees were not a bigger issue.
Once again we would like to thank you for choosing our hotel to celebrate such an special occasion and we truly hope that we have earned a loyal guest for years to come.

Miami, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2014

So, I book a suite for the weekend, Friday-Sunday (Friday was my birthday). On Saturday afternoon I smelled a strong scent of marijuana. I called the front desk to inform them and ask them to send someone to our floor to investigate. Then again on Sunday morning I smelled it again. I called again down to the front desk this time and asked them to send someone to our room because it was coming through our vents. THEY NEVER DID. When I bought it to the manager, Desmond's attention all he said was that he was sorry and that if they found anything in the room next to ours, they would pay a $2500 fee. That did NOTHING to rectify my ruined birthday weekend. Needless to say, I did not enjoy my stay there.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
MayfairMgr, Manager at Mayfair Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, August 13, 2014
Dear Becky V,

Thank you for taking the time to share with us about your recent visit to our property and we are truly sorry that the inconsideration of other people did not allow you to enjoy our wonderful property.
I would like to share that unfortunately the hotel can not make any assumptions in relation as of to whom might be smoking in our rooms and that's the reason why we need actual facts to charge a guest for the smoking fee.
We sincerely hope to have an opportunity to regain your confidence and we trust that whenever you come back to our property we will exceed your expectations.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2014

I've been staying at the Mayfair for years. Their rooms are always spotless, unique and spacious and the staff friendly and helpful. The hotel is located in the heart of Coconut Grove, so once you valet your car, you can walk to any number of fine dining establishments and funky shopping areas in the Grove. The rooftop pool area is beautiful and although we did not use the services of the Jurlique Spa this time, we have used it in the past and found it to be one of the best spas in the city.

Room Tip: I've never had a bad room. They are all spotless, very unique and spacious.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Dear Sarinsmom,

It is great to read from our loyal and guest and we can not thank you enough for continuing to choose our iconic property as a get away.
We hope to continue to welcoming you back and for you to keep enjoying all of the amenities that the great area has to offer as well as all the our property.

Washington, DC
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

Ok. So this was on the list of hotels approved by hubby's company. Since I tagged along for a little fun in the sun, I chose it, despite the reviews, because it was the only non airport option. Should've slept on the runway. Would've been cleaner. The Courtyard of the hotel is very pretty and "old florida" in style. It gave me hope, as did Desmond, the very, very nice front desk person who checked us in and upgraded us to an executive suite without our asking. Then we got to our room. Was sooo weird! It had odd angles and a creepy dark corner nook w just a mirror and shelf. A pendant light and vase would do wonders. The room was so drab and dark! Despite a large balcony, no light came in bc of the heavy climbing foliage. Also, instead of a nice table on the balcony, there was a gross Japanese soaking tub. The room was so bland and white, but not in a cool miami way, but rather a dingy walled, stained upholstery, filthy white tiled floor way. The only color was the stripe on the duvet and an accent pillow for the bed. There was zero decor besides a few framed pieces and an ice bucket and basket of very expensive snacks (6 bucks for a reg size twix? Really?). The dark wood closets/doors and plain planks of wood behind the couch didn't add to the charm. Florida doesn't have to be pink and palm trees, but clean and bright always works. The floor was filthy and our feet and socks were gray. I also stepped on what was toenails under the edge of the dust ruffle. Even worse was the obvious "bodily stain" that was all over one section of the dust ruffle. The bathroom actually seemed fairly clean, must've been as far as the mops reached. One morning the ceiling was leaking quite badly in the bathroom from the ac. Luckily maintenance was sent up immed and the guy was extremely nice and fixed the issue quickly. The only thing saving my review from one star was the staff. From the front desk to the valet and everyone in between, staff was wonderful. It's too bad these individuals can't put their charms to use in what could be a wonderful hotel. I'm still wondering if the rooms pictured on the hotel site actually exist or were just staged for photo day. We were upgraded and I shudder to think what our original room was like. The location is prime, but unfortunately this hotel is past it's own.

Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
MayfairMgr, Manager at Mayfair Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, August 8, 2014
Dear 2bluepoints,

Thank you for taking the time to share with us about your recent visit to our property.
Our property has the distinction of not being your regular Miami hotel, where all the rooms are alike, four walls and a bed; however we understand that sometimes our tropical setting is not of everyone's liking.
We are encourage to read that our staff made you feel warm and welcome and we truly hope that next time that your husband's business brings you to Miami you can find a hotel that will meet your expectations.