“great escape” 5 of 5 stars

“great escape”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

69 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Liverpool England
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I arrived at this hotel after a long flight from Manchester on Boxing night and all I wanted to do was sleep. The check in was quite chaotic, our party had booked a total of 10 rooms all through Travel republic, we were advised one of the bookings was for the next day ( couldn’t understand how or why when it was on the same day as everyone else’s), but this was resolved.
My cousin was advised one of her rooms had been cancelled by TravelRepublic , and she had to pay upfront for another room despite the fact we had paid in full before the trip. The room rate they wanted was twice what we had paid but she had no choice as we needed to stay there.
I was last to book in and when I finally got to my room I noticed the floor outside the room was covered with wet towels. The room stank of damp I didn’t take much notice of the room as I was so tired I showered (bathroom fine) and went to sleep.
I woke up and could feel the damp on the bedding I went out to the “patio” the Jacuzzi was on this patio which was enclosed and very claustrophobic . the paintwork was chipped old and dirty and once the daylight came into the room it was apparent just how tired this room was. Certainly not the standard the website boasts of or what I expected.
I left for breakfast and the towels outside the door mystery became apparent as they were soaked and in a pool outside the door.
I called reception and asked them to come and see the state of the room and the pool of water outside my room and the manager refused, I insisted he came up and saw it and although was apologetic he basically stated I had paid in advance so had to go back to travel republic. I was offered a free breakfast as an apology and by this time I just wanted to get out of there before I too stank like the room I was in.
I contacted TravelRepublic who make it impossible to complain by way of their customer services they did absolutely nothing to address my complaint or to obtain a refund for my cousin either. I would ask anyone who books with this company to think twice before using this company as their customer services is dreadful ……..the Mayfair Miami had take almost £100 from my account. I contacted my bank and they refunded the money , only for the Mayfair Miami to say I owed it – I didn’t. I paid for the hotel before I left the UK, the breakfast was complimentary and I did not have anything at the hotel.
I would advise anyone not to let this hotel swipe your card on check in as they just steal from your account. My issue with the Mayfair is still on going. Please think twice before you book this hotel its not worth the hassle , or the added expense .They do not care once they have your money and there are far nicer hotels to choose from.

Room Tip: Dont go there unless you wnat a dirty damp room and dont mind being robbed by this hotel six months...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
MayfairMgr, Manager at Mayfair Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 6 days ago
Dear calconnor66,

It is a shame to see that you were not able to enjoy your visit to the Mayfair hotel and Spa back in December however our property has been under a newer vision and ideology in the past three months. A new partnership has allow our property to be able to take care of all of our guest and we would had love to assist you in a better way back in December.
We are content with the changes that we have implemented in the past three months to guarantee an exceptional experience for our guest and we could see the results with our Customer satisfaction statistics that we have been receiving since then.
We hope to have an opportunity to regain your confidence sometime in the future as we have made several changes and updates to our property that as I mentioned before were aim to guarantee exceptional service and for our guest leaving our property wanting to come back.

Matteson
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

Hotel was average, pictures are accurate, however they were probably taken at the time after construction. Hotel needs some TLC. For the price you pay I would recommend you stay downtown for a more lively area of Miami. Valet is fast, Spa is great, house keeping slow, TV went out and came back on, furniture is old, gym is small.

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Daryl S,

Thank you for taking the time to share with us about your recent visit to our Iconic property and we are extremely proud of hearing that our valet team was able to exceed your expectations. Our property has been an stable for the city of Coconut Grove and even though Downtown Miami has newer properties they all lack the character and exuberance that our property has possessed for thirty years.
We thank you for choosing for our property and we hope that you continue to visit the Magic city and enjoying all the great areas of the great city of Miami.

Jose Rico-Arango
Director of Front Office.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

My husband and I stayed at Mayfair in November 2013 for our honeymoon and loved the place! Our room was a great size for both of us and so close to everything! The beach was 20 minutes away! There were great restaurants within walking distance. The rooms were clean and the staff was friendly. The restaurant downstairs was a little pricey for us :D The wifi didn't work for some reason and was slow but we didn't stay at the hotel much as we were out most of the time. We have recommended this hotel to so many people and our friends are going there next month.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
MayfairMgr, Manager at Mayfair Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Dear Aroon D,

We would like to thank you for choosing the Mayfair hotel and spa to celebrate such an special occasion and we are truly happy to hear that you loved it.
Since your visit in November we have made some adjustments to our WiFi and we are proud to say that it has been a very welcome changed. Our location has always been an amazing amenity that not many properties can claim and that's something that we want all of our guest to enjoy.
We sincerely hope to have made a loyal guest from you and your husband and we hope to have you stay back with us sometime in the near future.

Jose Rico-Arango
Director of Front Office.
Palm Beach Gardens, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

While the lobby and the public areas of this hotel are quite beautiful, this is a place that is in need of updating, repainting and a general sprucing up. The tile floor in our room didn't look clean and the balcony lacked any chairs. The foliage below the balcony should be neatened up. The room smelled musty. Personally, I would prefer carpeting in the room instead of the cold, hard tile. Also, the room we stayed in which they called a suite was really just a room with a balcony. I would definitely recommend not getting a room facing the street. Very noisy. On the plus side, the staff is very friendly and the breakfast buffet is excellent. I should mention that we used a Groupon so we didn't pay a lot compared to most Miami hotels. I guess you get what you pay for.

Stayed July 2014
Dear mgb-actor,

Thank you for taking the time to share with us about your recent visit to our property and for the very detail feedback. Our property went through a renovation three years ago, where all of our suites and our common areas were remodeled. This past winter we did the all the landscaping for our property, where we removed old plants and trees and planted all new plants beautifying our balconies and common areas. And to finish this summer we will be remodeling our elevators and the furniture in our balconies, bringing back all the great charm our property has been known for.
We sincerely hope to have an opportunity to have you back in our property by the time all of these new arrangements have been completed, enjoying the true Mayfair experience.

Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Reminded me of a Thai Resort. Stayed here for a wedding in from Ft. Lauderdale. Every aspect of the hotel had a 'spa resort' feel. All rooms are very large, with decks with hot tube on it and huge marble bathrooms. Pool & bar on the roof top - amazing mojito. If the food at the wedding is any indication of the food it was amazing! who knew you could make steak for 100+ people taste so good!! Valet parking, although there is much cheaper parking across the street at the shopping area. Would recommend and would stay again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear LaurenV,

We are extremely flattered by the comparison that you made and we are truly thankful for your kind words.
Our culinary team is a tremendous group of individuals that aim to exceed our guest's expectations and we are extremely proud of them and their work.
In relation to the parking even thought our hotel offers valet parking as you mentioned there are other options for our guest to used.
Once again I would like to thank you for your kind words and for taking the time to share with us about your stay in our property. We sincerely hope to have you back in our property in the near future enjoying all of the amenities our property and the great area of coconut grove have to offer.

Miami Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I chose the Mayfair due to the unique architecture and based on the recommendation of my company. My stay there was nothing short of a perfect stay. The staff is extremely accommodating and will read your every wish, the rooms are extremely clean and the amenities truly unbeatable. I cannot wait to come back. You cannot go wrong by staying there.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
MayfairMgr, Manager at Mayfair Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Dear kcr1609,

We are truly happy to read that your stay was perfect and we can not wait to have you back in our property enjoying all of the great amenities our hotel and the great area of Coconut Grove has to offer.

Director of Front Office

Been to Mayfair Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!