“Oasis in Miami” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #65 of 129 Hotels in Miami
Orlando, Florida
“Oasis in Miami”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

Reminded me of a Thai Resort. Stayed here for a wedding in from Ft. Lauderdale. Every aspect of the hotel had a 'spa resort' feel. All rooms are very large, with decks with hot tube on it and huge marble bathrooms. Pool & bar on the roof top - amazing mojito. If the food at the wedding is any indication of the food it was amazing! who knew you could make steak for 100+ people taste so good!! Valet parking, although there is much cheaper parking across the street at the shopping area. Would recommend and would stay again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
MayfairMgr, Manager at Mayfair Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, July 3, 2014
Dear LaurenV,

We are extremely flattered by the comparison that you made and we are truly thankful for your kind words.
Our culinary team is a tremendous group of individuals that aim to exceed our guest's expectations and we are extremely proud of them and their work.
In relation to the parking even thought our hotel offers valet parking as you mentioned there are other options for our guest to used.
Once again I would like to thank you for your kind words and for taking the time to share with us about your stay in our property. We sincerely hope to have you back in our property in the near future enjoying all of the amenities our property and the great area of coconut grove have to offer.

Director of Front Office

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Miami Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

I chose the Mayfair due to the unique architecture and based on the recommendation of my company. My stay there was nothing short of a perfect stay. The staff is extremely accommodating and will read your every wish, the rooms are extremely clean and the amenities truly unbeatable. I cannot wait to come back. You cannot go wrong by staying there.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
MayfairMgr, Manager at Mayfair Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, June 25, 2014
Dear kcr1609,

We are truly happy to read that your stay was perfect and we can not wait to have you back in our property enjoying all of the great amenities our hotel and the great area of Coconut Grove has to offer.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014 via mobile

We stayed at the Mayfair for a wedding over Memorial Day - first time in Miami. I had read the reviews on yelp and went in with low expectations and those reviews were not wrong! Do not expect to check in before 4pm. We got in around 2 pm (empty lobby) and were told that they'd call us when our room was ready. My husband and I and another couple grabbed lunch while we waited and both arrived back at 3:55pm and both our rooms were ready - so much for the call! The rooms are spacious enough, though dated and a little dingy. The hot tubs are nice if you want to pay extra for them and make numerous calls to the desk to turn them and/or fix the temperature on them (we made 3-4 of these calls). We went to the roof top bar/pool briefly on a Friday night (it was one of the wedding events) and we were completely ignored by the bartender for 15-20minutes. He was busy, but not to even make eye contact or tell us he'd get to us as soon as he could? Extremely rude. The price of drinks at the pool bar is outrageous $27 for 2 vodka cranberry drinks and he didn't use the vodka that I asked for. The wedding we attended was very nice - beautiful setting. The ceremony was in the atrium which got hot very quick! The area around the hotel is nice, a convenient location if you don't rent a car. I just didn't feel it was worth the price or a hotel I'd return to.

• Stayed May 2014
Dear adewey3,

Thank you for taking the time to share with us about your recent visit to our property and we lament the fact that our property did not meet your expectations.
Our check in guaranteed time is 4:00 p.m. and believe me when I tell you that if your room was ready before the time that you actually stopped by the front desk, it'd had been our pleasure to call you to let you know.
Our prices are based on average with all the other hotels in the area and we truly feel that they are competitive prices to satisfied all of our guest.
Finally we are truly happy to hear that the event that you attended was a successful and that you enjoyed it, we wish next time you are in Miami you visit the great area of Coconut Grove.

Miami, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

The hotel is beautiful! We loved the Japenese soaking tub with mineral salts. Great location with a wide variety of restarants, shops, and entertainment to choose from. Great value for the quality of service and accomodations provided.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Gustavo M,

It is truly great to hear from our loyal guest and we would like to thank you for taking the time to share with us about your recent stay.
Our property as a stable of the area has had great support from all of our local community throughout the years and we are so thankful to hear that we still get the same support.
We truly hope to have you back in our Iconic property in the near future and for you to continue enjoying the great area of coconut grove as well.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

My nephew who lives in Miami suggested Mayfair Hotel and Spa for my upcoming visit. He gives it rave reviews. I have not yet stayed here but I'd like to say that the employees that have helped me with my reservations and my many questions and phone calls have been very helpful and patient. I look forward to my stay at the Mayfair Hotel & Spa. I will be back to write another review after my vacation.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Megan H,

We can not wait to have you in our property for you to enjoy all of the great amenities our hotel has to offer, starting with the great customer service that our wonderful staffs provides every single day.

Occoquan, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2014

Loved the location and shops nearby in Coconut Grove. Hotel looks like it has been "rode hard and put away wet!" Needs extensive capital improvements and titivation throughout. Faded paint, broken glass in elevator, broken furniture in our room. Jacuzzi on our deck must have been there for years, and although it was fine the first time, the water on the 2nd day was dirty. Attached restaurant was super expensive, $6.95 for OJ, $4.95 for a cup of ordinary coffee, and everything else was priced accordingly. Not common for me to have a $90 breakfast, but with the tip, that's what it cost. The wait staff at the restaurant were almost worth the price as they were the most helpful and cheerful folks we have run into in quite a while. Still, the hotel was way overpriced for its average ambiance. With some work, this place would really rock though!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Dear Walkintall26,

Thank you for taking the time to share with us about your recent stay in our property and I could tell that you have a keen eye for details and we really appreciated the feedback that you have provided. I could share with you that during the summer months our hotel will be replacing a lot of the furniture in our rooms and we are very excited about that.
In relation to the hot tub, the water is supposed to be change every time you want to use the tub thus the reason for the $30 fee; the only thing you'd have to do is call the front office to have that done we apologize that you were not advise.
Lastly the prices for all of the outlets of our property are properly compare with the other hotels in the area making the rates not over nor under our competition.
Once again we would like to thank you for providing the very useful feedback and we hope to have you back in our property in the upcoming months for you to experience our newer furniture in our rooms as well as all the great amenities our property has to offer.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014

I really enjoyed my stay at this hotel. Location: Really nice bc its within walking distance of many cute reataurants, boutiques and action. Loved that!

Hotel: Loved the spa and lounge feel of the hotel. I could tell the hotel is a little dated bc of the slow elevators but once you walk into the rooms, it doesnt look dated. Theres a courtyard-style lounge in the center of the hotel to enjoy peacefully. I did notice how extremely hot and muggy the hotel felt when u walked in. Not sure ifthe AC was broken or what but it was a little uncomfortable.

Room: King suite is Gorgeous! It was nicely decorated, hot tub on the balcony, a living room area, nice decor, updated tvs...i think i saw at least 4 in the room. Cable sucks though...i think i could only get 5 channels lol

Overall a good experience. Staff was helpful and I enjoyed my stay.

• Stayed June 2014
MayfairMgr, Manager at Mayfair Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, June 19, 2014
Dear tteasley1,

We are truly delighted that you were able to enjoy our property and we would like to thank you for your feedback.
We are extremely proud of our property due to its difference to any other property in the great city of Miami and we are very happy to hear that you were able to take in the great vibe our property offers.
We hope to have gained a loyal guest and can not wait to have you back enjoying all the great amenities our property has to offer as well as the great city of Coconut Grove.

Director of Front Office

Been to Mayfair Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!