“Beautiful setting and lovely rooms” 4 of 5 stars

Mayfair Hotel & Spa
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3000 Florida Ave., Coconut Grove, Miami, FL 33133   |
Ranked #75 of 131 hotels in Miami
Lexington, Massachusetts
“Beautiful setting and lovely rooms”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

The hotel is full of mosaic and sculptured wood surrounding a tropical courtyard. The staff were very accomodating for our business meeting, and I would certainly stay there again. The rooftop pool and bar are so much fun, even during a rain storm, when the staff set up the cabanas for us. Thanks for a great week.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business

946 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (162)
Winston Salem, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

I felt like I'd stepped into another world! The indoor-outdoor spaces were lovely. The in-room Roman tub was fabulous. Great restaurants are within walking distance. The staff were attentive. A great stay.

tallon69
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

I personally recommend this location if you want all the gorgeous beaches and weather of Miami without the obnoxious loud party scene. I was sucked in by the online pictures and then thrown into complete awe upon arrival. The hotel is beautiful from the front door; very exotic, rooftop pool & cabana's, enclosed hottub on the deck.... a true retreat. I walked around during the day undisturbed... really a peaceful gem.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Miami, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

I have stayed at the Mayfair Hotel since the 1980's - and it has always been one of the most beautiful and romantic hotels in Miami. However, the customer service has always been poor. Each time I stay I ask for the hot tub (each room has a beautiful hot tub on the balcony) to be prepared so that it will be ready when I arrive. However, they never get it right. The last time I stayed it took them two tries to set up the hot tub. As a result, I was unable to enjoy the best feature of the hotel until late in the night. Since I was staying only one night - this was a disappointment. Also, one of the valets was very rude. The lack of customer service is a recurring theme at this hotel. However, it's beauty and romance keeps me coming back!

Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
MayfairMgr, Manager at Mayfair Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 5 days ago
Dear Durkee1,

Thank you for taking the time to share with us about your recent stay in our property and I would like to apologize in behalf of our entire staff for any mistreatment that you feel you might have received.
I will personally addressed with the director of engineering the steps needed to take to make sure that we do not have any more issues with the Japanese soaking tup.
We thank you for you loyalty towards our property and would like to have you back in our property in the near future.

Kula, Hawaii
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

I have stayed several times this year at this hotel and I am returning again in May 2014. Any time that I have had a concern the management has taken great care to fix the concerns. The staff are great .I would say this hotel is located in a great town of Coconut grove

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
MayfairMgr, Manager at Mayfair Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 6 days ago
Dear Carol C,

It is great to hear or read in this case from our loyal guest and we are truly thankful for the opportunity to serve you and our goal is to make you feel warm and welcomed.
We can not wait to have you back in our Iconic property and as always we hope to exceed your expectations.

Carrollton, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We got this room on priceline so we didnt pay as much as they asked and we were glad. The room was great but there was a party going on in the room below us and it was loud. Several people complained but the party still went on until early morning. Then in the morning there was construction and more loud people but was able to sleep threw it. The front desk warned us about the construction and it was not as bad as they made it seam. The great things were the options of a private hottub on the deck for a one time fee of 30 bucks! a rooftop bar and pool that was very high class. It was very beautiful hotel in a great location

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
MayfairMgr, Manager at Mayfair Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear TennisLady1,

We would like to thank you for taking the time to share your recent visit to our property, specially for your kind words and patience with the noise caused by other guest.
Our security team does a very good job at making loud parties aware that they need to conscious about other guest, giving them warnings and taking the proper steps to for all of other guest to not be disturb. I sincerely would like to apologize for the noise that you heard and once again thank you for your understanding.

Grand Haven
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I had read so many reviews good and bad and went in with an open mind. I was pleasantly surprised at first because it had a lot of charm and was in a great location. It was really noisy and the front desk didn't do anything about our neighbor upstairs who was smoking and constantly going in and out of their sliding glass door keeping us awake. We did have a toliet leak which they cleaned up and I guess fixed. It does smell musty especially in the bathroom. The pool was pretty and had a great view. If you get a good deal I would recommend it but I wouldn't recommend paying close to full price. The location makes up for some of it's problems. Floor was dirty and the maid didn't show up until 5:00.

Dear LasolasGrandHaven,

Thank you for taking the time to share with us about your recent stay in our property, all the feedback that our guest provide we take it very serious.
I would like to share with you that our housekeeping department is in its final stages of a retraining program that we have installed and we are expecting all the issues such as dirty floors to be a thing of the past, however I would like to apologize for the fact that your floors were not as clean as you expected.
In relation to another guest making noise, our hotel has a very strict policy and we do our very best to be consistent with all of our guest. Unfortunately we can not take a guest as of to whom is the guest that's making noise and if we do not have an exact room number we can not assume and perhaps disturb a guest that is not making noise.
I want to thank you again for the feedback that you have provided and thank you for have stayed with us, we truly hope to have an opportunity to have you back in our property experiencing all of our improvements in the near future.

Director of Front Office

Been to Mayfair Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!