“Lovely and quiet place” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #74 of 131 hotels in Miami
La Giettaz, France
“Lovely and quiet place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013 via mobile

Nice people working there, very helpfull with us .Nice situation close to cocowalk,shops, restaurants,bars.You enter the hotel and feel in à garden with plants,water,sofas.Lovely place and very comfortable

• Stayed October 2013
MayfairMgr, Manager at Mayfair Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, November 7, 2013
Dear Refugedunomade,

Thank you for taking the time to share with us about your recent in our property and we are thrilled to hear that you were able to enjoy our property as well as the coconut grove area.
We can not wait to have you back in our iconic property in the near future, as we love to have our loyal guest back.

949 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (162)
USA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

Old, Rude, Noisy, underconstruction, but said renovated unreliable, miseleading, never keep theri promise that they will give us a quieter room the nextday. multiple phone calls till 5 pm with empty promises. Then told us that we have to come and look at the room before we moved in at that time we were at south beach, had to rush back to the hotel to move to another hotel. Charged us one night pluse one night deposit as a penalty. We are going to dispute that. Booked through Hotels.com, not helpful. we are not going to use it again.

Room Tip: there are other nicer hotels such as Munity Hotel, Sonesta. better location, better view and better...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Traveler0070000,

It is very disheartening to read your comments and realized we left a guest of ours walked out so unsatisfied. I could tell you that we do all we can and then some to make sure our guest are satisfied and as you mentioned we offered multiple rooms for you to try out. Unfortunately it appears that none of the rooms that we had available for you were up to your standards and for that we are terribly sorry but also please understand that we tried and your reservation is guarantee for the length of your stay and once you signed our registration card you are assuming all the penalties that come with your reservation.
Once again we are terribly sorry to hear that you were not satisfied at all but I would like to ask you to reflected on everything that our hotel did to try to accommodate you and then you will realized that our customer service is actually better than what you thought.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

Ask for a room with a beautifully planted courtyard. Explore the hotel. Soooo lovely and interesting. Design of the rooms really well executed; especially liked the bath area, desk area and multiple tvs. Pay the extra and have the plunge tub filled. Walk down to the local library and marina.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
MayfairMgr, Manager at Mayfair Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, November 6, 2013
Dear Molly O,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share with us about your recent stay in our property and we are thrilled to read that your stay was Marvelous. It appears that you were able to enjoy all the amenities in your room and around Coconut Grove and I could tell you that the guest not only from our property but anyone that stays in Coconut Grove that actually takes the time to get to know the area is usually blown away but all the wonderful amenities the area has to offer.
We sincerely hope that next time you are in Miami you considered our Iconic property as your home away from home.

Ogunquit
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013 via mobile

I checked in today, November 2. At checkin I was told the room wasn't ready. My niece, was using the Mayfair for her wedding and getting marrieds the next day, which I told the front desk receptionist. We were told that they would do everything possible to check us in early. They took my cell and we were told that we would be notified. Finally at 3pm, we came back in the lobby and asked again about the room. Again, we were told it was not ready. We sat in your lobby and watched people check in AHEAD of us. Finally at 345pm I went to the receptionist again and asked them to explain how they were helping us get checked in earlier by checking people in ahead of us. At this point she said "oh your room is ready and we tried to call you (lie). Why would you try and call me if I was sitting there. I wrote an email to the hotel and received the following response (NO representative ever contacted us):

"Thank you for contacting us. We have received your comments. A representative will contact you within 24 Hours. For immediate assistance, please feel free to contact us at 305-441-0000 or 800-433-4555 and request to speak with the Manager on Duty.

Axel Gasser
The Mayfair Hotel & Spa"

Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Dear Mrcast67,

Richmond, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013 via mobile

Under construction. The view from our "suite" was blocked by scaffolding. The balcony was so filthy we could not go out there or use the hot tub. Valet parking never picks up the phone and takes more than 30 minutes to bring up car. Long wait at front desk. There are better places to stay.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Dear MaryMaryyraM,

Thank you for taking the time to share with us about your recent stay in our property and we are extremely unsatisfied to find out that your experience in our property was not up to your expectations. Even thought our hotel is not under any kind of renovation or construction our some of our guest have been inconvenienced by the work the city of Miami is doing with the side walks and landscaping around our property, however we have been making sure that all of our guest received the best service as possible and we hope that you could give us an opportunity to regain your confidence in the near future.

Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

Stayed here for a weekend at the beginning of September. Great room, the staff was extremely helpful, and getting in/out was really easy. Would definitely recommend and will be back in the future.

MF44

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Sean P,

Thank you for taking the time to share with us about your recent stay in our property and we are thrilled to read that you were able to enjoy yourself. We hope to have you back in our property really soon.

Delray Beach, Florida, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

I want first say that my wedding was wonderfu. Steve Bumpus the Dir of Catering was exceptional at his job... Hew made my new wife and I feel like we were VIPs. Now for the rooms. We had Dealt with Fernando and Veronica for our room block for our Wedding Oct 26,2013. I have to say it was a NIGHTMARE!!! All of my guests that stayed at the hotel experienced some kind of ordeal with there room. We checked in on Friday to find that my suite for the night had not been beooked even though my credit card was charged the day before. Then my guests started checking in and thats when the disaster happened. My cousin had to change rooms 3 times cause they kept bringing him to dirty rooms that were not ready for check in. Then my brother in law checked into his room and the floors and linesn were muddy and greasy. He had to wait 24 hours until another room was available.Then my wife and I were supposed to get our room Free on our wedding night and we actually got charged. They told me they never said that even though it was in our Wedding Contract... Needless to say the wedding wass nice, but I would never stay at the Mayfair hotel again or ever suggest it to anyone in my life. I was planning on having my family and friends come down to celebrate our first anniversary at the Mayfair and I will NOT DO THAT. ITs sad that for such a nice hotel they have no customer service skills and Noone knows who is in charge or who can answer a question... I was so disappointed I am filing a compalint with the Better Business Bureau of the State of Florida and will also report them to the Florida Hotel and Motel Association.. So sad that my Specail day had to be ruined by sheer incompetance!!!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
MayfairMgr, Manager at Mayfair Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, November 5, 2013
Dear Shaun M,

It is great to hear that your wedding was wonderful however it is very unfortunate that your relatives did not feel at home. Some parts of our hotel has been experiencing an unusual amount of dust that's being caused by the work being done on the sidewalks and by the landscaping work done all over the Mayfair Complex. However our housekeeping team has put into action a deep cleaning plan for all of those rooms and the results have been extraordinary, it s very unfortunate that we did not have such a plan in order while you and your relatives were here.
We want to wish you the best now to you and your wife and hope for nothing for best.

Director of Front Office

Been to Mayfair Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!