“Impressed and relaxed” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #75 of 131 hotels in Miami
Toronto, Canada
“Impressed and relaxed”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013 via mobile

I really enjoyed my stay. The location is excellent and upon arrival, I was greeted with an efficient and friendly check in and incredible smells that made me feel comfortable instantly. The room was large and great amenities. Bed and sheets were good quality as was the bathroom. Rooftop pool was a delight. I'd recommend a coffee machine at the roof bar as I ordered a coffee and as it came from
Downstairs, it was cold and I sent it back. But that's my only criticism. Definitely would stay again. Thanks for making
My weekend restful. Sad it was a short trip.

• Stayed October 2013
MayfairMgr, Manager at Mayfair Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, October 10, 2013
Dear Dan6789,

Thank you for taking the time to share with us your recent experience and we are very happy to hear that you were able to relax and enjoy the amenities our property has to offer; we sincerely hope to have you back with us in the near future as one of our loyal guest.

946 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (162)
Miami, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

This will be the fourth time that my wife and I have stayed at the Mayfair. We came here the night we were married, and have continued to come back once a year. We never really have had any of the issues that others have mentioned aside from a faulty Jacuzzi.

For this visit, we purchased through Otel.com a Mayfair Suite. When we arrived the girl at the friend desk, whose name is Andrea, was very friendly but was confused about our reservation and went into the back room for a few minutes. When she came back she gave us our room without a problem. Upon entering the room we were very surprised, they had upgraded us from a Mayfair Suite to a Deluxe Suite! We were so excited, we literally danced around the rooms. The room was perfect, no issues what so ever, and the spa worked great! A side note though, a few years back when you paid the $30 to set up the spa, they'd give you spa salts and some other fancy things, but this time around all we got was a bottle of shower gel. Kind of lame, but not a big deal. We were so happy with our room! Also the service was great; before going to dinner I spoke to the gentleman at the front desk about setting up the spa, and by the time we got back it was ready to go.

We didn't valet this time, but rather we parked in the garage, which is directly in front of the hotel. It came out to $14 for the night, rather than the ridiculous fee Mayfair charges, plus tip, plus having some random guy driving my car haphazardly.

All in all it was a fantastic stay at the Mayfair, and I do think we will continue our tradition of taking a little staycation at our favorite hotel in Miami.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
MayfairMgr, Manager at Mayfair Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, October 6, 2013
Dea trelian,

Thank you for taking the time to share with us about your recent stay in our property and it is great to hear from our loyal guest that continue to visit us and enjoy the great amenities our property and the great area of Coconut Grove .
We are thrilled to read that you had a wonderful time in our property and I am extremely happy to hear that Andrea was warm and welcoming, being that she is part of my staff, that makes me specially proud.
We hope to see you back in our property really soon and we will be ready to welcome you back as a member of the Mayfair family.

Nürnberg
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013 via mobile

Looks weird from outside..but since the arrival everything was top..we were upgraded from a kingsize standard bed room to a suite with jaccuzi! The staff is really friendly and we tried the in room dining which is really excellent! We booked only one night before arrival and we got a really good deal! Top address.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
MayfairMgr, Manager at Mayfair Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, October 4, 2013
Dear blicklin,

Thank you for taking the time to share with us your recent stay in our property and we are very happy to read that you enjoy your stay.
Our goal is to make all of our guest feel warm and welcome and whenever it's possible we tried to accomplish our goals by surprising our guest with complementary upgrades to our largest suites, for them to experience a Miami night as it should be, elegantly large, just as our suites.
We sincerely hope to have you back with us in the near future as we know we have made a loyal guest and member of our family.

Newcastle
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

we were only staying here one night as we were flying to New York early next morning,on arrival our room was not ready so we had to wait till after 4,i asked could i use pool an was told yes but it would be closing at 4.30 so we had less than half an hr to get changed an go to pool an nowhere to change ,so we didnt .also when i asked to check in at 5 an explained to girl we were tired an needed to freshen up she gave us a rm,when we went to our room an entered there was a guest belongings already here.when i went bk down to reception she said there was noone in this rm...she then upgraded us to a dif room (exactly the same as first one)lol ..totally dissatisfied with thw way we were treated,room was big an very clean tho .

Room Tip: ask plenty of que about pool usage an when room be ready before you go
Dear NewcastleMaggie_moon,

Thank you for taking the time to share with us about your stay in our property, it is very unfortunate that you were not given the opportunity to enjoy our pool, timing was not a friend on this occasion as our pool is exclusively used very few times during the course of the year and understandably so you have all the right to not be happy; we are truly sorry to have taken that from your experience.
Even though the check in is guarantee at 4:00 p.m. it is completely unacceptable to have a guest go into an already occupied room and I could tell you that we have procedures to avoid that from happening but we will definitely revamp all of those procedures to make sure it won't happen again to any of our guest.
I want to thank you once more for the great feedback that you have provided us and I could tell you that we try to take as much useful feedback as possible to improve our services in the best way possible, not just by fixing issues that have happened but training and preparing our staff to avoid issues in the future, we sincerely hope to have an opportunity to regain your confidence sometime in the near future.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013 via mobile

Was a little trepidacious about my upcoming stay based on a few reviews, but was pleasantly surprised. First - yes, the elevator is hot. But, that's because it's one of those that's an "outside" elevator that affords a view of the interior of the hotel & is obviously not air conditioned. No big deal. I didn't stay there for the elevator, although was cool to be able to look out onto the atrium while proceeding to my room. Also, loved the old carved wooden doors with the art nouveau door knockers to my room. And, when went inside, the room was more than adequately cooled - very refreshing. I noticed no odor whatsoever - otherwise, I would have been straight back to the
front desk. The room was clean & comfortable & spacious. Had an odd but, charming, touch of having an old piano. Yes, there was a concrete wall outside of the balcony, but it wasn't dark & if I'd used the Japanese soaking tub there, I would've appreciated the privacy. Ordered breakfast on room service & it was good. Liked the TV in the toilet. Watched the news while putting on my makeup. Didn't have time to check out the pool as I was there on business. I found the staff to be very accommodating, too. The maid brought me an extra bottle of conditioner; the valet was prompt & didn't steal my expensive Gucci sunglasses (so, not sure about other reviews - just my experience) & the front desk staff couldn't have been nicer - even allowing me an hour later check out with no extra charge. All in all, I am glad I ignored the bad reviews and stayed there & I'll def stay there again. Hopefully, when I'm not working.

• Stayed September 2013
MayfairMgr, Manager at Mayfair Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, October 2, 2013
Dear Butter74,

Thank you for taking the time to share with us your experience in our hotel and we can not tell you how happy we are to read that you enjoyed our property and the great area of Coconut Grove.
We sincerely hope to see you back in our property enjoying all of the great amenities our hotel and our city has to offer to all of our guest.

Los Angeles, California, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

First I'd like to say I'm happy I kept my reservation at the Mayfair. As the reviews were making me think I picked a horrible hotel. These review couldn't be further from the truth. Upon my arrival I went to the bar as rooms wouldn't be ready until 4pm. (The Lobby is beautiful and totally 4 star standard) Which I understood and proceeded at 2:00 pm I went to see if any rooms were available and low and behold it was on the 5th floor. Now here's where I was worried... after reading the reviews I braised myself and headed to the elevators. Now yes its humidity in the elevators but its not because of the hotel its MIAMI HELLO. . As I walked down the hallway to my room I couldn't help but think pictures don't do this place justice.. Its beautiful. Walking in my room I was like wow. Perfectly clean and neat. FYI I didn't see any bugs at all. My room was cleaned daily and my checkout was effortless. My boyfriend and I over enjoyed our selves. I 100% recommend this hotel. Thanks Mayfair :) (Oh yes and my room had tons of outside light. which was a plus.)

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
MayfairMgr, Manager at Mayfair Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, September 28, 2013
Dear Giovanna G,

Thank you for taking the time to share with us your recent stay in our property and I can not tell you how glad we are to read that you and your boyfriend enjoyed your stay. I could tell you that reading comments like yours is what makes our job so satisfactory and what continues to push us to aim to exceed our guests expectation's, we sincerely hope to have you back in our Iconic property in the near future.

With warm regards,
Delray Beach, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

To begin, we were scolded for arriving at the Mayfair hotel before 4 pm by a sour face young woman. No greeting, no welcome, least of all no smile. Then we went to the roof top pool to wait to find that sour puss didn't give us the roof top key card. She of course knew why we were back at the front desk and made us wait 10 minutes before handing us a key card.

We returned at 4:15 and no room was ready. Finally they sent us to room 313. What a disaster. We were enticed to this supposed 4 star hotel with a balcony Japanese soaking tub! We took lots of pictures as it was hard to believe. The construction was about half way done, With a thick film of construction dust & dirt everywhere. Would love to post our pictures of the 55 gallon drum of dirt and rock nestled next to the filthy soaking tub. For 10-15 minutes we tried calling the front desk to get a manager to come see this. The front desk line was busy the entire time. Finally we called the hotel using our cell. After 20 minutes they sent up an assistant manager, who was embarrassed to say the least. She said they had 2 weddings and the manager was NOT on site. Shame on the manager for putting the young woman in such a position. With family in the hospitality business this hotel was a disgrace. We went to the front desk and checked out. There was no hope salvaging this trip from the front desk on it was an unmitigated disaster.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear jmboca,

First of all thank you for have taking the time to share with us your recent experience in our property and in reading your comments I could tell you that we are concern about the fact that you weren't welcome to our property in the way that we expect all of our guest to be welcome, which is with a warm smile and welcoming feeling.

In relation to the experience in the room, our hotel is not under any kind of construction, we have however been doing landscaping to the surroundings of our property and unfortunately the company doing the work wasn't very careful in some of the rooms, but I can tell you that we have addressed that issue and all of our rooms are up to the standard that all our guest expect.

We are terribly sorry to read that you decided to check out ahead of time but we would love to have an opportunity to regain your confidence sometime in the near future, I sincerely hope that you could give us that opportunity.

With warm regards,
Director of Front Office

Been to Mayfair Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!