“Hotel is OK. I would stay there again ONLY if I got a good price thru the internet again.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Mayfair Hotel & Spa

Save Saved
You added Mayfair Hotel & Spa to your Saves list
Mayfair Hotel & Spa
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3000 Florida Ave., Coconut Grove, Miami, FL 33133   |
Ranked #75 of 131 hotels in Miami
Miami, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Employees especially valet were indifferent. Little brown beetles were walking around floor in room. I squashed a few and the maids did not pick them up for two days.
Worst was the Dipsy Dumpster truck came around under my 4th floor window at 5:15 each morning crashing and beeping. I definitely would recommend NOT taking a room on Grand Ave side.Valet parking is $26/day. Great central location in Coconut Grove.

Room Tip: Go high and stay off Grand Ave.side of hotel
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
MayfairMgr, Manager at Mayfair Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, September 4, 2013
Dear Jef1Jet,

Thank you for taking the time to share with us your recent stay in our property; I also would to express my sincere concern to hear that our staff seem indifferent as we aim to make sure all of our guest feel warm and welcomed in the time they are in our property. I will personally address that matter with my staff to make sure that we could avoid any guest feeling the way you did.
The garbage truck is one thing that unfortunately we do not have control of but I could tell you that our sound proof windows and doors are usually very good, I will contact engineering to make sure all of our rooms have the sound proof windows and doors inspected.
Once again I would like to thank you for the feedback that you have provided and we will act on it as much as we can to make sure that we could provide the best service possible.

946 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (162)
Miami, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

Great rooms with jacuzzi on the balcony soft comfortable bedding tv in bathroom woot woot ! Fantastic Italian restaurant ! Very central in the heart of coconut grove. Would defiantly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
MayfairMgr, Manager at Mayfair Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
Dear Henry A,

We would like to thank you for taking the time to share with us about your recent stay in our property and would like to express our appreciation for the kind words.
We pride ourselves in making all of our guest warm and welcomed and our property help us in achieving it by providing that "Zen" like atmosphere that you speak of, I sincerely hope that we could get to see you in our property again soon.

Avondale, Arizona, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

Architecture and interior design is wonderful, lots of tile copper water features and wood. Rooms are huge, suite with large bedroom and comfortable bed, big closet with microwave and robes,separate spacious sitting area, deck with a hot tub and spacious bath with telephone an small T.V.I am big on hygiene and the suite was very clean which makes me a happy camper.

I found it using Hotwire and got a great deal but the rack rate at the time was $139.00 which is still a deal considering you are right in the middle of Coconut Grove with all the trendy restaurants and shops. I guess some people would whine if the rooms were free but I totally enjoyed my stay. Parking across the street is $6.00 overnight 6:00 P.M. to 6:00 A.M.then $3.00/hour max $14.00 I was told. I never made it the pool but the pics look good. Ohhh towels were great-- super heavy

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
MayfairMgr, Manager at Mayfair Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, August 30, 2013
Dear Mike M,

It makes it so great to respond to someone that appreciates that character of our Iconic property specially when they were able to enjoy themselves as much as it sounds like you did. Our location is one of our great amenities but if you really take the time to look around in our property like you did, people usually end up falling in love with this gem of property. I want to thank you for taking the time to share with us about your recent stay and we sincerely hope to get to see you back in our Iconic property rather sooner than later.

Woodbridge, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

My experience staying at the Mayfair was horrifying. When I first arrived I was told I would have to wait 45 mins. until my room was ready. When I got the (2) rooms, the bathroom sink was not working in BOTH rooms, The livingroom T.V. was not working, and most disgusting of all there were a bug in the bathtub.The 4:00 pm mangement was horrible he was not accommodating at all!! the roof top manager lied to me and said I did not have a reservation for the roop top. This hotel is OVERRATED. The Mayfair need to consider better management.

Room Tip: I do not refer any room at the Mayfair!!!!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
MayfairMgr, Manager at Mayfair Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, August 29, 2013
Dear B J,

It is truly disappointing to hear that you were not able to enjoy your time in our property, however I do want to thank you for taking the time to share with us the issues that you did not appreciated.
Our Check In time is guarantee at 4:00 p.m. if you arrived prior to that time it is unfortunate but if the hotel was busy the night before it is very difficult to have rooms available before that guarantee check in time and we make all of our guest aware of that at the time when they are making the reservation. In relation to the sinks of the rooms not working, we make sure before getting a guest into any of our rooms that all of the systems are working property but having a sink fix is just a matter of minutes we do apologize for you have to deal with that but once again that's something common in hotels that is fix really fast.
Our pool has a very detail oriented reservations system for the Cabanas and I am quite sure that the pool manager had no intentions to lie to you, probably your name was not put tin correctly and for that we are truly sorry.
Once again I want to thank for the feedback and you could rest assure that we take all the comments into consideration and make the proper adjustments to make sure that we don't have any repeating issue for all our future guest.

Boynton Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

Just returned from a weekend at the Mayfair. We have stayed here before and was extremely pleased. It is a pet friendly hotel and thus allowed to bring our Polish Lowland Sheepdog with us.
The hotel has undergone renovations and it appears the the balance of the building is now being renovated. The service was attentive. The breakfast menu was diverse along with a buffet. In some cases it was moe economical to have the buffet than to order ala carte. Our waiter pointed this out to us and we thanked him for being honest rather than " running up the bill".
The service at the bar at the roof top pool was outstanding.
The Mayfair's location is close to the area's restaurants.
Very good, but not as great as it once was.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Dear imshepp,

It is truly great to hear from one of our loyal repeat guest and we want to thank you for continue to choose our property to enjoy some time off your regular day to day. I want to also thank you for taking the time to share with us about your most recent stay and we are always glad to hear that our staff is praised because of the great service they provide.
We are continuing to improve our property with work outside the hotel and inside by modernizing our elevators and making our flora and fauna inside the property really lively and as we continue to improve our property we would love to continue having you stay with us in the near future.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

Our experience at Mayfair was very good: the building is certainly not new, but has an authentic feeling to it, with interesting architecture. The rooftop is very pleasant -- we did not use the pool, but were very much able to relax there in late afternoon, contrary to a previous review (they could, however, turn down the bar music before the evening crowd comes).

Our room was spacious, with a great bathroom. We had a small balcony and a hot tub (which we did not use). All perfectly clean and on par with what you'd expect from a hotel of similar standing. Great, comfy bed and furniture.

We really had no issue during our stay: the hotel does host wedding receptions, but we were not bothered by after-parties and such. The gym is small, but with adequate equipment. Also, the hotel offers valet parking, but we decided to use the CocoWalk parking ourselves, which was user friendly and much less expensive.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear orely01fr,

Thank you for taking the time to share with us about your recent stay in our property, and we really appreciated the kind words.
As you mentioned our property is not a newer construction but that exact point is what gives our property the great character it has, all the art within the construction puts our property apart from most of the other hotels in the area and Miami overall and when someone discovers it like you did it truly makes us proud.
I sincerely hope that we could get to see you in our property and enjoying all of our great amenities again really soon.

Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

My first trip to Miami and it was a huge deal to find the right hotel to stay. Boy was I overjoyed and pleased with my decision to stay at the Mayfair Hotel and Spa!!! This property was above my expectations and my expectations are already high. Ideal spot in Coconut Grove, only 15 minutes from South Beach, 7 minutes from the airport. The Mayfair is stunning in it's interior architecture, the staff is on point and ready to assist whenever needed as was security (Richard) to make certain that my stay was all that I expected. Directly across the street is the CoCoWalk, which provides restaurants and shopping for a leisurely escape. The location of the Mayfair is ideal because the neighborhood it is located in is very accessible to walk around to unique shops and local dining and an eclectic atmosphere, which is very refreshing. The hotel itself has a type of tropical oasis feel to it and is highlighted by the fact that there is no roof on a section of the hotel. Yes, that may give a humid feel when walking to the elevator but the view is beautiful and feeling of an oasis is even better. The A/C system in the room works very well and there was never an uncomfortable feeling. The rooftop pool is very laid back and refreshing and the hotel hosts a happy hour weekly and make sure that you are well taken care of.

I arrived after midnight, valet was present and prepared to provide service for my vehicle. My check-in was prompt and very courteous; although we were assigned to an already occupied room, security was on the floor and resolved the issue with a simple phone call and escorted me to my room expeditiously and returned with my key cards within minutes. He walked me into my room and made certain that we were not assigned another occupied room and made sure that we were pleased before he left. Though late, it was no problem to take a quick stroll throughout the hotel and check out everything. Ran into Richard again and he answered our questions and pointed out other areas of interest to let us know where everything was. My room was amazing, spacious and very clean and quiet and the hot tub on my patio deck was a welcomed treat!!

This hotel is simply beautiful and the staff is very friendly and go out of their way to may sure your stay is pleasurable. I would highly suggest this location to anyone going to Miami and want to treat themselves to a stellar location or professionalism. I am already making plans to return to Miami next year and I highly intend on choosing the Mayfair for my stay again.

Thank you Mayfair and staff for a job well done!!!

Room Tip: 4th floor rooms are the best!!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Dear LivingSassy,

Thank you for taking the time to share with us about your recent stay in our great property and we are thrilled to hear that you we were able to exceed to expectations. Choosing a place to celebrate an special occasion is always a little bit tricky due to the high expectations but we are truly happy to hear that your special occasion was greatly celebrated.
We sincerely hope that we could get to see you back in our iconic property really soon and once again thank you for choosing our property.

Assistant Director of Front Office

Been to Mayfair Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!